Video Games

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

What kind of games did yinz deployed play?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Minesweeper...

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Our network on base didn't allow game systems. You had to go to the internet contractors building and plug in, get all your updates, and then go back to your room. I never did it but I know people that did.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Download new wallpaper option for The Sims?

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Goldeneye. Most pampered N64 I've ever seen.
Any controller abuse was an automatic and permenant ban.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Yeah, but that deserves it. My N64 has a place of honor at home.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:47 pm

One time at a school fair, someone setup a station where you could use a ticket to play Goldeneye multiplayer. You played until you died. I thought I was really good at the time, and I ended up getting stomped hard by this one kid who never died. My play time must have lasted 2 minutes.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 am

...but these items came from City of Industry, CA.
Things to know about COI, CA

- It's political boundaries make it look like a virus;
- there are a disproportionate number of strip clubs there for reasons that I can't quite fathom;
- it is home to a McDonald's that is used solely for filming TV commercials and TV shows

But perhaps most importantly, COI is home to the Puente Hills Mall, which was the film stand-in for the Twin Pines Mall in Back To The Future. On actual BTTF day (October whatever, 2015) I was working in Burbank, and there were tons and tons of people out and about dressed as Marty and Doc Brown (the exteriors where Marty catches a ride on his skateboard by holding on to a pickup was shot in that area) so there was a crowd of fan cosplayers about. Apparently later that day many of them went to the parking lot at Puente Hills to see if anything happened. Oh boy.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 am

One time at a school fair, someone setup a station where you could use a ticket to play Goldeneye multiplayer. You played until you died. I thought I was really good at the time, and I ended up getting stomped hard by this one kid who never died. My play time must have lasted 2 minutes.
In my Coast Guard days, I fondly recall a Smash Bros. tournament...same deal, you sit until you lose. I was on the sticks for a solid three hours or so, either I was really good at that game or the other guys were terrible :lol:

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am

https://kotaku.com/ace-combat-7-is-a-pr ... n=fridayAM

I think Shad and dodint are both Ace Combat fans. Getting nice reviews. Will definitely pick this up eventually.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:38 am

Yeah, just came to post something about it. I will pick up Ace Combat 7 on PS4 eventually. It's been my most anticipated game of the last year but now my hands are full with RDR2, Rocket League, and now Micro Machines of all things.

I didn't read your article so my bad if it mentioned this; but AC7 is going to be released on PC next year. Which means my decision to return my PSVR is completely validated because I will be able to use AC7 with my Rift, will just have to wait a little while longer.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 am

Finally got to sit down and play Zelda BOTW this weekend. Probably put a good 7 hours in. I love the game. And I'm sure I'm just at the tip of the iceburg. Did some sidequests and Just got the camera and revisited Impa on the main quest.

Any tips for you guys that have played?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 am

Finally got to sit down and play Zelda BOTW this weekend. Probably put a good 7 hours in. I love the game. And I'm sure I'm just at the tip of the iceburg. Did some sidequests and Just got the camera and revisited Impa on the main quest.

Any tips for you guys that have played?
Have fun exploring. I've been playing for 2 years and just finished the 4th divine beast. I have a feeling that once I beat Gannon, I won't care to play it anymore.

Building your own house and then town was a lot of fun. Great side quests that started pretty early on.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/From_the_Ground_Up

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Farming Simulator is getting an e-sports league with $280,000 in prizes.
https://twitter.com/verge/status/108808 ... 02624?s=21

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm

just came here to post that link. LIT

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm

anyone have experience with the Jamma 60 in 1 boards?

Decided to work on a side project, a former never used cabinet from a touch screen game that I plan on making into a retro arcade. Since I'm not gonna have room for a six button setup, I wanted to run something that was basically a stick, two start buttons, and two fire buttons. Since all of the games in the Jamma board seem to fit that bill, I thought it might be a good option and shouldn't be too expensive.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:49 am

Nintendo has provided an update on the state of Metroid Prime 4. In a video, senior managing executive officer Shinya Takahashi admitted that development of the game thus far hasn't reached the standards the publisher wanted and the project has been rebooted. Additionally, Retro Studios, the Texas-based team that developed the three previous entries in the series, has been brought back to work on the sequel.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metro ... ce=twitter

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Nintendo has provided an update on the state of Metroid Prime 4. In a video, senior managing executive officer Shinya Takahashi admitted that development of the game thus far hasn't reached the standards the publisher wanted and the project has been rebooted. Additionally, Retro Studios, the Texas-based team that developed the three previous entries in the series, has been brought back to work on the sequel.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metro ... ce=twitter
Would love for this game to get done.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Retro Studios being involved is good news... They put out 3 phenomenal games in the Prime series so far.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Finally got to play the Resident Evil 2 Remake and I'm loving it so far. They changed up a bunch of things so I don't know what to expect. It's been a long time since I've been scared in a RE game (or any horror game)
I'm flat-out terrified of Mr. X. He does not stop; he will literally chase you around the police station. You have to hide and pray you don't run into him. The Nemesis in RE3 would be insane if they remake that game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Been watching a few streams of RE2. The game is nuts
and the inclusion of Mr. X in the fashion they did makes me almost brown my pants.
I wasn't even playing and I was jumping when he'd bust through a door.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:33 pm

and the inclusion of Mr. X in the fashion they did makes me almost brown my pants.
My first encounter with him is something I will remember for a long time.

When I extinguished the helicopter, I noticed a zombie behind behind it and thought, "whatever". Then the helicopter is pushed aside and I realized "holy ****, that's Mr. X! Just run!" I tried to run to another room, thinking I was safe, but he opened the door. My inventory was a mess so I couldn't deal with him and needed to get to a storage bin. I then ran into the main hall thinking I would be safe for sure. He followed me into the main hall, so I panicked and tried to take him down. Thinking I stopped the encounter, I nearly **** my pants when I realized I only slowed him down and he's still hunting me.

I'm low on ammo, health, I got zombies crawling out of windows, lickers everywhere, and Mr. X is hot on my tail. I'm scared to go back into the game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:42 pm

My first encounter with him is something I will remember for a long time.

When I extinguished the helicopter, I noticed a zombie behind behind it and thought, "whatever". Then the helicopter is pushed aside and I realized "holy ****, that's Mr. X! Just run!" I tried to run to another room, thinking I was safe, but he opened the door. My inventory was a mess so I couldn't deal with him and needed to get to a storage bin. I then ran into the main hall thinking I would be safe for sure. He followed me into the main hall, so I panicked and tried to take him down. Thinking I stopped the encounter, I nearly **** my pants when I realized I only slowed him down and he's still hunting me.

I'm low on ammo, health, I got zombies crawling out of windows, lickers everywhere, and Mr. X is hot on my tail. I'm scared to go back into the game.
When I saw him last night the streamer had just gotten some key, went back to extinguish a fire of some sort, screen was dark couldn't tell exactly what it was, then boom this big son of a gun busts through a door. Laying in bed in a dark room isn't the best time for that. Also the streamer is playing it on hardcore mode so one swipe from him and he's dead.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 pm

I'm not looking forward to hardcore mode...

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Started the actual White March content on my replay of Pillars of Eternity. The game brings up a message telling me my party is "high level" for the content and asks me if I would like to increase the difficulty level. I say heck no. What good is all of the effort to get to a high level in a RPG if you can't use your advanced skills to mow through enemies like grass? Tremble in fear like the worms you are! Mwa ha ha.