Video Games

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:38 pm

I heard about that place in Greensburg. It looks awesome. Just never out that way.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Cash In Culture?

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:29 pm

The Warp Zone is the one I'm thinking of.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:34 pm

Spent some time playing the Enderal mod for Skyrim over the weekend, and I must say I am very impressed. It's built on Skyrim, so it looks a lot like Skyrim and shares many of the same assets and enemies, but it's different enough to be a unique game on its own. The leveling system is completely different, the skills are all different, and the way enemy leveling works is different. Unlike Skyrim and more like games such as the Risen and Gothic series, there's no enemy scaling or leveling. Everything is as tough at the start of the game as it ever will be. So early combat can be really hard, and low-level stuff like rats and wild dogs will own you if you're not careful. But as you level up, you start owning the scrubs like they initially owned you. This system is also used to keep the player out of areas you aren't supposed to go into yet. If you go somewhere and the enemies stomp you into the ground, then you need to come back later.

The voice acting for the game is great even though it's all amateur. In many cases, I'd say it's better than Bethesda's acting. The game starts a little slow, and the opening sequence is pretty darn long, but it does pick up after an hour or two in. For a free mod/game, its very impressive. If anyone owns Skyrim on the PC, look into Enderal.

offsides

Video Games

Postby offsides » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Finally got to play the Resident Evil 2 Remake and I'm loving it so far. They changed up a bunch of things so I don't know what to expect. It's been a long time since I've been scared in a RE game (or any horror game)
I'm flat-out terrified of Mr. X. He does not stop; he will literally chase you around the police station. You have to hide and pray you don't run into him. The Nemesis in RE3 would be insane if they remake that game.
I just finished the Leon story on standard. Have to agree, scary and fun game. My kind of game with just enough puzzle solving. Kept this old guy busy for 31 hours. I'd give it 4 1/2 stars out of five. :thumb:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:22 pm

@offsides dat ending doe.

offsides

Video Games

Postby offsides » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Yeah, lame ending, but I was celebrating over beating the Tyrant. Took me a while to figure out how to beat him.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Oh I thought the end was tight.

Oof just played my longest game of RL. OT lasted 7:44

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Master race gamers Halo Master Chief Collection plus Reach is coming your way this year.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Master race gamers Halo Master Chief Collection plus Reach is coming your way this year.
That can’t be right.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Sure is, PC master race

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Haha ooooooh yeah. I was just listening to a podcast about Saving Private Ryan so my headspace was a little different.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:16 am

Had probably my most satisfying PubG win on mobile last night. Squad in Sanhok. All 4 of us left with 15 still alive. 2 get killed running ahead into a full squad. Me and other guy lay low. Get down to 6 left. He gets killed by sniper that I'm able to pick off right away. I then figure out that it's me vs 3. Crawl to rock formation and wait. Get lucky with the circle. Squad of three enters the circle where I can see them. I throw smoke at a random rock. They all focus there and decide to push. Throw a stun at the same rock. Knock one guy right away that wasn't stunned and able to knock another that was. Their third guy is on me from my left. I just take off sprinting to the nade rock. He hits me but not enough. Circle back and he's watching the wrong side of the rock for me to emerge. Get him before he sees me.
Best part was my squadmate was spectating. So in the midst of me mumbling ' fckng right' to myself, I hear a 'that sht was tight, dawg'. Was awesome.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Played Blackout yesterday for the first time. Do not like.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Roommate a accidentally ordered an extra copy of The Division 2, so I've been swapping between that and Destiny.

I'm hoping it gets a little better as I progress to higher levels.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Apex is enjoyable still

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Was starting to get excited about the upcoming Grim Dawn expansion.. at least until I tried to fire it up on my laptop for the first time in ages and to say it runs like dog crap is an understatement... No idea why it went to hell... haven't really done anything major with this for some time... if anything I've uninstalled ****. Crap like this is why I've strayed from PC gaming... I don't have to worry about my ps4 suddenly not being able to run the game I played 6 months ago.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:49 pm

So it turns out that the game runs fine on my old desktop which has roughly half the stats of almost everything on my laptop. Totally makes sense.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 am

Google announcing their game streaming project today

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Google announced Stadia, a new cloud-based gaming platform, at its GDC 2019 keynote Tuesday morning. It’s a major move for Google into the video game business, which is increasingly building toward streaming as a solution.

Stadia is not a dedicated console or set-top box. The platform will be accessible over the internet on a variety of platforms: browsers, computers, TVs, and mobile devices. In an onstage demonstration of Stadia, Google showed someone playing a game on a Chromebook, then playing it on a phone, then immediately playing it on PC, picking up where the game left off in real time.

Stadia can stream games in 60 fps, with HDR and 4K resolution, said Google’s Majd Bakar. In the future, Bakar said, Stadia will achieve resolutions up to 8K and frame rates up to 120 fps. Google showed AAA games like Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and id Software Doom Eternal running on Stadia.

Google will have a hardware component, however: the Stadia Controller. It’s a traditional looking gamepad, with dual analog joysticks, four face buttons, and shoulder buttons. The controller will connect to the cloud via wi-fi, and includes a “share” button to connect to YouTube and a Google Assistant button.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/19/18272 ... nouncement

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 pm

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Stadia players, meanwhile, will be able to access a new twist for how to play a game: "state share." As introduced by legendary game developer Dylan Cuthbert, this will "let a player instantly share a playable moment from a game." Think of a "save state" within a classic emulator, which starts a player at a certain point in a quest with certain equipped items and progress; then imagine a modern game maker letting players click a URL (or share it on social media) and try those out for its titles. (Nintendo has toyed with something similar in the NES classic library on Nintendo Switch Online.)
this is pretty cool, they were showing how you could watch a youtube video of a game and click play at any part of the video and immediately jump into that game at that part

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 pm

The controller had the Konami code printed on the back. Nice touch.

I thought this would be another ShadowPC type deal, but it's a lot more than that. Building in developers, players, and content creators in one platform sounds pretty cool. Just hope the bandwidth requirements aren't ridiculous. I guess Google will have data centers all over, so it might not be too bad.

Couch co-op was one of the features they'd like to bring back, and had a test game all ready for that.

And the new Doom will be on that platform.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Couch co-op was one of the features they'd like to bring back, and had a test game all ready for that.

And the new Doom will be on that platform.
that looked pretty cool. I love the idea of playing something and getting stuck and being able to send the game to a friend for them to try and get past it and send back. The share state feature is going to be really cool

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 pm

also cool it runs through chromecast ultra and sounds like all current controllers will be supported.