Video Games

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:42 am

I missed the word "teaser." The weirdness is really the messaging moreso than the lack of in-game footage. "No, seriously you guys, we're going to make it. I swear" seems like a weird way to hype people up.

All anyone has talked about for the last like 6 months on the NCAA game reddit is that it's not happening because they didn't announce it or drop any commercials or marketing at the beginning of the season/halfway through the season/during the conference championship games/during the title/during the Super Bowl...

Yes, it's dumb, but it's dominated the conversation surrounding the game, and the goal posts constantly shift on "well if they haven't announced it by X, it isn't happening"

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:20 pm

I mean, its mostly the complete radio silence, so this is fine that they are willing to remind everyone that its coming. But waiting until May without any morsels is cruel.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:50 pm

Source of the post Yes, it's dumb, but it's dominated the conversation surrounding the game, and the goal posts constantly shift on "well if they haven't announced it by X, it isn't happening"
I wasn't aware of that. I suppose that plays well to a select group of internet folks. But then again, this teaser will probably only be watched by a select group of internet folks so that makes sense.

As for the game itself, if it plays like the NCAA games it'll be great. If it's just a reskinned Madden, not to much.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:07 pm

I mean, its mostly the complete radio silence, so this is fine that they are willing to remind everyone that its coming. But waiting until May without any morsels is cruel.

Word is teams are allowed as of today to start releasing what they've provided to EA to add to the game (traditions, etc)

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:09 pm

Can't wait to see Michigan's sideline videographer at non-Michigan games.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:34 pm

Can't wait to see Michigan's sideline videographer at non-Michigan games.
:lol:

I'll be buying it day one even if it's a reskinned Madden clone, warts and all, as long as the individual team details are...robust. That said, really hope they modify the gameplay somewhat, if for no other reason than to make it a unique game.

The only thing that could change a day one pickup would be if word starts coming out that they just totally whiffed on franchise mode and recruiting.

Would be interesting to see a transfer portal and NIL inclusion.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:02 pm

Helldivers 2 is a fantastic zombies type game. Very Starship Troopers camp esque.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:24 pm

tl;dw:
- So far, 4 first party games will go multi-platform. Spencer wouldn't name which ones but did say that they are games that have been out for at least a year and are "community driven." He also said that Starfield and Indy would remain exclusive to Xbox.
- Future first party games will all be Day 1 Game Pass and some will be exclusive while others will go multi-platform.
- Activision and Blizzard games are coming to Game Pass starting with Diablo IV on March 28th.
- Microsoft owns a stupid amount of publishers and are actually one of the largest publishers on Playstation. It only makes sense to keep these "first party" games as cross platform (Call of Duty, Minecraft, etc)
- They're really talking like the games are the most important and the hardware is a distant second. I think there will be less exclusives than they're letting on.
- Teased current gen hardware updates and next gen hardware mostly to prove that they're not getting out of the hardware business.

Basically feels business as usual except for 4 first party titles that were previously exclusive going multi-platform. Waiting this long to put this info out was a mistake. It does seem like there will be a lot less Xbox exclusives than in the past (if that's even possible).

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm

So is Halo coming to PS5?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:32 pm

They didn't announce which games but the rumored 4 are Hi Fi, Grounded, Pentiment and Sea of Thieves. I would be pretty surprised if Halo makes its way to Playstation. If major AAA first party games like Halo are going multi-platform, there's very little incentive to own Xbox hardware.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:35 pm

Yeah, I don't see Halo ever going to Sony. That's their baby. Hell, all of the Xbox hardware has some sort of Halo easter egg on it, like Master Chief's helmet on the GPU in the XSX.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Yo make Forza a PS5 item and I'd buy it instantly. Forza Horizon is like the one game I miss.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:27 pm

MSFS is a no brainer, just do it.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:03 pm

I remain perpetually vexed by Microsoft's console+games strategy.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 pm

Picked up a mint cib copy of Ninja Gaiden from Warpzone today. It’s beautiful.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:45 pm

It’ll look great when you throw it across the room out of frustration.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:52 pm

It’ll look great when you throw it across the room out of frustration.
I already have a copy that is loose that frustrates me plenty lol. This one will get displayed on a shelf next to other CIB games.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:10 pm

Rumor has it the building will become a Hobby Lobby. So not only does the convention center go away, but it's going to be a **** Hobby Lobby.
Well it's official.

https://www.wtae.com/article/monroevill ... y/46752988
Looks like local officials are trying to fight it.
https://triblive.com/local/monroeville/ ... on-center/

It makes sense. The convention center brings way more people into Monroeville than a **** Hobby Lobby but I’m not sure how you can stop a privately owned building from being sold to another privately owned company.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 pm

There’s a Hobby Lobby near me, in the old Toys R Us building - which was massive - and the parking lot is always empty.

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:17 am

I hate Hobby Lobby. Nothing to really add here. But its the worst.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:35 am

Rumor has it the building will become a Hobby Lobby. So not only does the convention center go away, but it's going to be a **** Hobby Lobby.
Well it's official.

https://www.wtae.com/article/monroevill ... y/46752988
Looks like local officials are trying to fight it.
https://triblive.com/local/monroeville/ ... on-center/

It makes sense. The convention center brings way more people into Monroeville than a **** Hobby Lobby but I’m not sure how you can stop a privately owned building from being sold to another privately owned company.
It’s a privately owned building so like you said not sure what they can do but I appreciate the effort.

This will be the final death blow for the mall and that hotel that connects to the convention center will be closed within a year.

It sucks not just cause I live in Monroeville but the convention center hosts so many different things it’s a huge loss for the community.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:41 am

Downloaded the 8 hour trial for Skull and Bones yesterday just to see if it's as bad as the reviews say it is. Only played for maybe 3 hours, but...if you like sailing around getting in skirmishes it's pretty fun. It might get old quickly, but the graphics are pretty damn decent.

It's definitely not AC:BF 2 like everyone, and I mean everyone, wanted. The lack of boarding a ship and fighting to take it over really sucks. The lack of any fighting, for that matter, just kinda kills the 'pirate' immersion. The harvesting resources mechanic is dumb. It's just blah...except for the sailing.

If you just want to sail around gathering resources and sinking other ships so that you can upgrade your own ship, this would be really, really fun. The battles are somewhat fast paced and do require a bit of strategy. The customizable ship is pretty cool, and the time sink to keep upgrading and tweaking could become very addictive. There also appear to be 3 classes of ships, so at some point you probably have to either build out a ship in each class, or max out 1 specific class. One of the reviews I read called it something like 'an rpg where you're the ship, not the captain.' That seems pretty accurate.

The real shame of this is the missed opportunities / almost broken promises. If you had no knowledge of AC:BF, this would be pretty freaking awesome. Not $70 awesome, but definitely worth playing at some point. But man, the 'what could've been' is basically omnipresent.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:15 am

Isn't Sea of Thieves still a thing?

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:26 am

Isn't Sea of Thieves still a thing?
Not on PS5...yet.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:46 am

Ah, my bad. I am mostly a PC player, so I don't keep up with exclusives. It seems that consoles have these exclusives, but usually are available for PC regardless of console exclusivity.