dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Jealous af.

:thumb:

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Hoping Santa brings me a nba jam stool tomorrow lol.

Playing nba jam is very nostalgic for me. It also connects to the net and let's you play online with other people but haven't tried that yet.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Sick

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:39 pm

I may have already asked this, but what are some good adventure games for Xbox? Looking for something more relaxed than a Halo style game. Trying Outer Worlds, but the lengthy talks and questions is a turn off. I downloaded Skyrim, but haven’t tried it yet.
Have you tried Jedi Fallen Order? It’s a third person adventure game. There’s some combat but there are also plenty of puzzles and exploring.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Got stools now for both my arcade machines.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:03 pm

I may have already asked this, but what are some good adventure games for Xbox? Looking for something more relaxed than a Halo style game. Trying Outer Worlds, but the lengthy talks and questions is a turn off. I downloaded Skyrim, but haven’t tried it yet.
Have you tried Jedi Fallen Order? It’s a third person adventure game. There’s some combat but there are also plenty of puzzles and exploring.
I started it, but honestly just can’t get into it. Since then, I’ve downloaded and tried:

-Sea of Thieves: Interesting, but a little goofier than I was looking for

-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: I like the story and will probably play more

-Halo: Master Chief: Obviously one of their best games available. Playing Halo 4, forget which level I’m on

-Ark: Survival Evolved: Maybe it’s me, but even the simplest things are complicated in the game. The first level was just so weird and boring. Uninstalled it

-Monster Hunter: Worlds: Haven’t started this yet

And finally, I downloaded and started playing Anthem this morning. I’m really liking this one, from the graphics to the story to the actual game play. My first multiplayer game on a console ever, and I’m surprised at how much I like it. I can see myself putting in the hours on this one.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:12 pm

Anthem I thought was pretty much dead as far as actual player base online goes. It had lots of fanfare then flipped hardcore when it came out and the player base basically went non existent. Maybe they brought it back from the dead though.

Monster hunter I've heard is very good but has a steep learning curve.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:16 pm

I read the same, though they were old posts. Maybe most game up, but so long as my squad is full when I play, that’s all that matters. For a novice like me, I’m seeing the benefit of multiplayer quickly. That said, I’m definitely getting better with the controller (am still not using my XIM and mouse on multiplayer).

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Was Anthem just a Destiny clone? I remember it was pretty hyped and then just nothing else.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Not a clone. Completely different gameplay style (Destiny being FPS, Anthem being 3rd person and flying mech suits), but similar loot-earning concept.

Only difference is Anthem had **** loot and no endgame which killed it at the beginning.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Are there other Xbox games similar to Anthem that you’d recommend? I love being able to fight both on the ground and in the air.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:10 am

@skullman80 Damn those arcades machines are nice.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:30 am

Yeah, @skullman80 , those are cool as hell. What's the scale? I see you have the base on them as well. Went all out.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:18 pm

@nocera @NAN Thanks guys. I think they are really cool too. Hope to play some nba jam today. I just got the stools for Christmas. My wife is awesome and feeds my video game habit lol. I'm going to get her Pacman arcade next I think. I'd also like the Mortal Kombat cabinet at some point.

The risers I think are essential. Too short otherwise. I'm 6ft but the risers make the machines the perfect height IMO.

The base unit is just under 4ft the riser adds an additional foot.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:11 pm

That's great stuff skully

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:41 pm

My nephew got a Series X for Christmas. It lasted about 2 hours before it crashed and would not turn back on. They’ve already sent it in for a replacement. I feel so bad for the kid. He didn’t get much for Christmas since he got the Series X and now he has to wait at least another 10 days before he can play. Luckily he just went back to his One S but still what a bummer.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Anthem I thought was pretty much dead as far as actual player base online goes. It had lots of fanfare then flipped hardcore when it came out and the player base basically went non existent. Maybe they brought it back from the dead though.

So my major problem this afternoon is that I can’t find other players when I go in missions. Two in a row where it searches, comes up short, and I go it alone. And the last one is impossible with just a single person, so I’m just getting killed each try. This blows, because the gameplay is fun.

I read that Mass Effect: Andromeda is similar, so I may download that.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:11 pm

So my major problem this afternoon is that I can’t find other players when I go in missions. Two in a row where it searches, comes up short, and I go it alone. And the last one is impossible with just a single person, so I’m just getting killed each try. This blows, because the gameplay is fun.

I'm guessing it's because no one is playing anthem anymore.

As far as mass effect andromeda...that game is not really multiplayer it's a 3rd person rpg action game and it sucks. There may be an online portion though I'm not sure. The first two mass effect games were incredible...the 3rd was ok with a **** ending. Andromeda basically ended that series and was universally panned back in 2017. Maybe they patched it and made it better, but I gave up on it early. I'd seek out the original trilogy tough... especially ME 2 as it's one of the best games of that generation IMO.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Also I played some nba jam today and oh boy do I suck. I'm 0-4 against the CPU. I forgot how cheap they played but it's part of the fun lol.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:16 pm

That’s disappointing then. Perhaps I need to play at different times of day to get some help. I really don’t want to give up on the game yet.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:24 pm

My nephew got a Series X for Christmas. It lasted about 2 hours before it crashed and would not turn back on. They’ve already sent it in for a replacement. I feel so bad for the kid. He didn’t get much for Christmas since he got the Series X and now he has to wait at least another 10 days before he can play. Luckily he just went back to his One S but still what a bummer.
That's awful.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:04 am

My XSX is out of disk space, lol. Master Chief collection is probably getting axed. I wish they offered all Halo 4 separately so that I could just install that. It’s literally the only one I wanted to play, after hearing how bad Halo 5 was.

Gonna give Titanfall 2 and Destiny 2 a run.

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:19 am

As far as mass effect andromeda...that game is not really multiplayer it's a 3rd person rpg action game and it sucks. There may be an online portion though I'm not sure. The first two mass effect games were incredible...the 3rd was ok with a **** ending. Andromeda basically ended that series and was universally panned back in 2017. Maybe they patched it and made it better, but I gave up on it early. I'd seek out the original trilogy tough... especially ME 2 as it's one of the best games of that generation IMO.
I bought Anthem at launch and I agree that the gameplay/combat really is a lot of fun. The customization of your freelancer was pretty sweet as well. Unfortunately, the story was a mess; it was revealed not long after launch that - much like what happened with Mass Effect: Andromeda - Bioware and EA had problems settling on what they wanted the game to be, in large part because they had massive problems building the game (IIRC, it was revealed that the flight mechanic was almost discovered by happy accident).

Bioware decided to go the No Man's Sky route and they are/were in the process of rebuilding Anthem. Christian Dailey was leading that project and a lot of what he was releasing to Twitter looked really promising, but Dailey was just moved over earlier this month to head up the Dragon Age 4 project in lieu of Mark Darrah's departure from Bioware so I'm not sure where that leaves Anthem 2.0. I haven't played it in a long time; I may try to get back into it to see what changes have been made.

As far as Mass Effect: Andromeda, it's definitely worth a download and play-through. The post-launch patches fixed a number of the issues. A lot of the wonky facial animations that plagued the game at launch no longer exist and the game looks much, much better. The combat is a lot of fun...you can see how it bridges the gap between ME2/ME3 and Anthem. If you're looking for something multiplayer, it has one that's pretty basic, but can be played separately or as part of the campaign to help gain assets.

The central story has some promise, but it gets lost a bit in the volume of side quests that exist largely due to the open-world format of the game. If ME:A was ultimately supposed to be kick off its own trilogy, they had something to work with. Bioware/EA decided to shelve the DLC that was supposed to follow up so they could move people over to Anthem, and so lot of things in ME:A were left unresolved.

That said, based on the trailer revealed at the Game Awards and some Twitter posts by Mike Gamble afterwards, it looks like the next game will serve as a sequel to both the original trilogy and ME:A.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 am

I bought Anthem at launch and I agree that the gameplay/combat really is a lot of fun. The customization of your freelancer was pretty sweet as well. Unfortunately, the story was a mess; it was revealed not long after launch that - much like what happened with Mass Effect: Andromeda - Bioware and EA had problems settling on what they wanted the game to be, in large part because they had massive problems building the game (IIRC, it was revealed that the flight mechanic was almost discovered by happy accident).

Bioware decided to go the No Man's Sky route and they are/were in the process of rebuilding Anthem. Christian Dailey was leading that project and a lot of what he was releasing to Twitter looked really promising, but Dailey was just moved over earlier this month to head up the Dragon Age 4 project in lieu of Mark Darrah's departure from Bioware so I'm not sure where that leaves Anthem 2.0. I haven't played it in a long time; I may try to get back into it to see what changes have been made.

As far as Mass Effect: Andromeda, it's definitely worth a download and play-through. The post-launch patches fixed a number of the issues. A lot of the wonky facial animations that plagued the game at launch no longer exist and the game looks much, much better. The combat is a lot of fun...you can see how it bridges the gap between ME2/ME3 and Anthem. If you're looking for something multiplayer, it has one that's pretty basic, but can be played separately or as part of the campaign to help gain assets.

The central story has some promise, but it gets lost a bit in the volume of side quests that exist largely due to the open-world format of the game. If ME:A was ultimately supposed to be kick off its own trilogy, they had something to work with. Bioware/EA decided to shelve the DLC that was supposed to follow up so they could move people over to Anthem, and so lot of things in ME:A were left unresolved.

That said, based on the trailer revealed at the Game Awards and some Twitter posts by Mike Gamble afterwards, it looks like the next game will serve as a sequel to both the original trilogy and ME:A.
So I'm still searching for games in this arena. Titanfall 2 and Destiny 2 keep popping up in the recommendations list, so I downloaded both this morning. I've been playing Titanfall 2 for the last hour or so, and really like it. The story is interesting thus far, and there are some nice aspects of the game play, like the wall running and double jumps, so it's not a normal military style shooter. This is what I'm looking for.

I also just heard of PvE, where you team up with other humans to play versus the computer - this is what I'm most interested in for multiplayer. If Anthem 2.0 is ever released, I'm all in. Gonna see how these two stack up first, because if I can find more people to play with, I'm likely to stick with it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:47 am

My XSX is out of disk space, lol. Master Chief collection is probably getting axed. I wish they offered all Halo 4 separately so that I could just install that. It’s literally the only one I wanted to play, after hearing how bad Halo 5 was.

Gonna give Titanfall 2 and Destiny 2 a run.
Haha that’s awesome that you found enough games you wanted to play though. You can use any external drive over 256gb to store/play non-XSX games. I have mine filled with games that aren’t optimized.