Video Games

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:48 pm

Preordered Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition, so I'll have it at midnight tonight. Already downloaded and ready to go. I'm actually going into this with tempered expectations, but almost all of the reviews dropped today on Metacritic make it look like a worthwhile game even outside of the Harry Potter universe, which is awesome.

I've tried to avoid spoilers other than watching just a bit of the released gameplay, so I'm excited to jump in and see what's in there.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:53 pm

I'm on the St Peters square park board in Goldeneye. Blew up the helicopter and got the flight recorder only for stupid Natalya to be shot by one of the thugs at the gate. She sucks.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:54 pm

I'm on the St Peters square park board in Goldeneye. Blew up the helicopter and got the flight recorder only for stupid Natalya to be shot by one of the thugs at the gate. She sucks.
She is literally the worst. Sometimes I get pleasure in her dying because she is so dumb even though I fail the mission.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:55 pm

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:55 pm

Preordered Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition, so I'll have it at midnight tonight. Already downloaded and ready to go. I'm actually going into this with tempered expectations, but almost all of the reviews dropped today on Metacritic make it look like a worthwhile game even outside of the Harry Potter universe, which is awesome.

I've tried to avoid spoilers other than watching just a bit of the released gameplay, so I'm excited to jump in and see what's in there.
My wife wants to play this. We have a ps5 and a ps4. I thought it was coming out for both but looks like the ps4 version got delayed till april. She usually plays the ps4 upstairs and I use the ps5 downstairs. So now I'm trying to figure out if I just buy on ps5 and if she doesn't like it I'll play it, but then run the risk of her taking over the PS5 haha.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:21 pm

Lol, we bought the Xbox because of it coming out. Wife and I are both all on on it.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:48 pm

She is literally the worst. Sometimes I get pleasure in her dying because she is so dumb even though I fail the mission.
This. On my recent playthrough I may have restarted the mission only to shoot her first thing. It worked better than throwing the controller.

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:57 pm

This. On my recent playthrough I may have restarted the mission only to shoot her first thing. It worked better than throwing the controller.
What board is that? Statue? I thought the gate guards didn't do anything unless you shot first?

I've been slowly and methodically making my way through the game at agent and secret agent and getting all of the cheats along the way. Think I'm at the Train now. I'm not sure how far I'll make it in Double-O using the Switch controllers.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:33 pm

Got the fridge set up. The missus is already playing Dreamlight Valley.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:19 am

Got the fridge set up. The missus is already playing Dreamlight Valley.
Tell her a new update is coming out on February 16th with new characters and additions to the story line.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:07 pm

Couple hours into Hogwarts Legacy, and it's pretty damn awesome so far...although I'm still in the beginning type quests. Got sorted into my house, went to my first classes, and just made the trek to Hogsmeade to get my wand. Everything looks fantastic, but I'm admittedly brand new to the ps5's graphics. The castle looks sweet, with paintings moving, tons of other students having interesting conversations that you can listen in on, and stuff flying everywhere. They did a good job of making it feel alive. The combat system seems pretty cool, with what seems like a ton of variety of how you want to handle things once you start picking up more spells.

All in all, glad I preordered it, and see this as a world I could spend a lot of time in. It's kinda cool how everything seems totally familiar while not being part of any existing narrative. I'm imagining that there are going to be an insane amount of easter eggs to discover too.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:16 am

Is there quidditch? I feel like quidditch was something that never really translated well from page to screen, so it'd be fun to make it interactive.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:58 am

There is not, to my knowledge. The headmaster says the season is cancelled due to an injury from the year before, but that flying is not totally banned.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:01 am

Do you get sorted into a house or do you get to pick your house? I feel like there should be a sorting challenge of some sort.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:52 am

Do you get sorted into a house or do you get to pick your house? I feel like there should be a sorting challenge of some sort.
The hat sorts you based on a couple questions (literally 2), but you can evidently pick whichever one you want...so if someone did that online full quiz to see what they'd 'really' be they can basically just load their build into the game.

I decided to go with what the hat said (Gryffindor). I did check online, and there doesn't seem to be any major differences or restrictions based on your house, which is a bit disappointing IMO. Although that also means it may be kinda cool later if I decide to go all Anakin as a Gryffindor.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:10 am

Yeah, the sorting was a bit of a letdown, but I think they streamlined due to your PC being a fifth year. I was sorted into Ravenclaw and my wife is Hufflepuff. Both match our Pottermore sorts, so all is good.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:49 pm

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:51 pm

Zelda trailer. 5/12

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:29 pm

Game boy and game boy advanced games now available on switch. I'm pumped. I never played any of the games released except tetras on Gameboy. I owned one but only had like 5 games.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:39 pm

NAN have you seen the new Zelda trailer?

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Still playing Vigil: The Longest Night. I really like this game. It's a side-scrolling soulslike metroidvania with pretty nice graphics and tight gameplay. Some of the bosses can be quite challenging, but I'm not finding it too hard. It seems to have the balance set pretty well. I definitely recommend this game for anyone who likes side-scrolling metroidvanias.

The only nitpick I would have about the game is that it could use a bestiary and an item list. It's got a similar mechanic to some of the Nintendo DS Castlevania games where some enemies will drop weapons or armor that you can then equip yourself. Some drops can be pretty rare. The game also has hidden items around the map. But the game doesn't tell you what enemies drop what or whether you've got all the drops that any given enemy offers, and neither does it tell you how many hidden items might be left to find. I compare that to, say, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, where the "journal" in the game has lists of enemies, items, etc. that unlock as you find them, and you can see from the blanks on the lists how many items in each category you still have left to discover. It's not a dealbreaker for the game, but it's slightly annoying in a "quality of life" sort of way.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Pricing Zelda at 70$ is insane. The switch is so underpowered...Nintendo is dumb.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 pm

Pricing Zelda at 70$ is insane. The switch is so underpowered...Nintendo is dumb.
I pre-ordered it earlier in the week for $60 at best buy. Will be interesting to see if that stands

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:43 pm

I pre-ordered it earlier in the week for $60 at best buy. Will be interesting to see if that stands
I hope for your sake it does.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:48 pm

Metroid prime remastered on switch for $40. I really remember liking that for GameCube