Video Games

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

There was an article in ESPN magazine on ninja or maybe on their website recently.. the dude basically has no life at this point. He makes $$$$ though. Hopefully he is smart enough to save a good bit, but I don't know if I would want to go through all of that seems pretty stressful in all honesty. It's like a 24/7 job.
Ninja is in a pretty good situation with his money. Obviously he is making a ton just on subs alone, but he also is sponsored by Red Bull. He has a wife that is his manager and she does a great job. Plus he's really close with his two brothers and his parents. I have no doubt that he'll have more than enough money for his family for a few generations.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:32 pm

What is the point of watching these guys play these games? Because they are good at them? Are they funny? This phenomenon is a big time "I am an old" situation for me.
Like nocera said it is akin to watching professional sports, I mean there are people that will watching bowling. Most of these guys and girls are extremely good at these games, usually really funny, and some have good communities that follow them. It can be an escape for people having a rough day, other bigger streams have giveaways, and most have a Discord you can join if you are subbed so you can find other people to play with. Another thing for me is I don't have a PS4 but God of War and the Spider-man game interested me, so all I did was watch some guys play it to see how the games were. Games like those two are almost movie like now a days.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:50 pm

I watched an interview of Ninja a couple weeks ago, and I think he mentioned how he invests his money properly. He seems like a smart guy, so he will be fine.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Pewdiepie made like 7 million a year at one point. There's no doubt these guys rake, even without sponsorships.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Yeah Ninja makes $450k just on subs alone. That doesn't include sponsers, tournaments which Fortnite is exploding at the gills with prize money, and donations throughout the streams. He is absolutely an outlier.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 am

Been having a blast with Destiny 2. Sniping feels really rewarding when ya track dudes mid-air.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am

If you haven't yet, try a bow.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am

I have used one, and really liked it. What I need to do is get my whisper up to speed so I can open up another slot.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Black Ops 4 is fun for what it is. My PUBG squad totally moved to Blackout and while I enjoy Blackout, it's a completely different experience from PUBG. PUBG feels like a strategy/survival game first and shooter second while Blackout is the opposite. Going hard on Blackout/Black Ops now but I wouldn't be surprised if I move back to PUBG soon, especially once the snow map is released and the game is optimized.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 pm

I considered getting Blops4, but I think I'm going to hold off. The game play and map just aren't enticing enough. Plus with Destiny 2 I have more than enough content to keep up with. Currently grinding out the sleeper and ace of spades. This game certainly isn't for the causal gamer.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:50 pm

That 10hz tick rate on Blackout is something else...is it 2011 again? Unacceptable in 2018.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Also, here's Mark Strong recording voicework for BFV (NSFW audio lol): https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/ ... 2608915457

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm

I considered getting Blops4, but I think I'm going to hold off. The game play and map just aren't enticing enough. Plus with Destiny 2 I have more than enough content to keep up with. Currently grinding out the sleeper and ace of spades. This game certainly isn't for the causal gamer.
I wish they would've just sold a version of the Blops4 with just Blackout for $30. The multiplayer is basically same old COD, although needing to heal changes it up a bit. Oh and the TTK is ridiculous in both Blackout and multiplayer modes. It reminds me more of Halo than COD.

Counting down the days until Activision releases some paid DLC nonsense for Blackout and splits the community.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm

I wish they would've just sold a version of the Blops4 with just Blackout for $30. The multiplayer is basically same old COD, although needing to heal changes it up a bit. Oh and the TTK is ridiculous in both Blackout and multiplayer modes. It reminds me more of Halo than COD.

Counting down the days until Activision releases some paid DLC nonsense for Blackout and splits the community.
The few streamers I watched said the armor needs to be fixed, as does the looting system. I do like the ability to heal on the run.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Armor is better than it was in the beta but still needs a lot of work. Basically the problem is it's 100% destroyed too quickly so you tend to avoid gun fights in the top 10 since even if you win, your armor will be gone and you can't loot any armor from your kill since it's likely destroyed as well. So then you're **** and left without any armor.

Looting is crazy slow and not great on console. Having to press and hold to pick up anything is super annoying. On top of that, you have to be looking at the ground to loot so you have no idea what's going on around you.

On the plus side, it runs super smooth and is infinitely less buggy than PUGB. Even still, PUBG beats it in certain mechanics like armor, looting, and especially sound design. I'm able to quickly locate players using sound in PUBG while in COD I have to rely on the hit marker.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:40 pm

The audio was another thing a few of those guys talked about. Typically I watch on my TV but at times I just use my monitor and listen with my Turtle Beach headset. Couldn't understand where any of the foot steps were, it was really poor.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I am having an absolute blast running around Bolivia killing sicarios in Ghost Recon Wildlands. I've played the campaign through and now I only have the final two missions against El Sueño, and the two crossover missions for Splinter Cell and Rainbow. I know how the game ends, so I don't need to actually play the Sueño missions, but the crossover ops are super frustrating and crazy hard. I've tried each one multiple times, and it's just death.

*Santa....... santa...... santa......... saaaaaaaanta blanca.............*

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Has anyone played the Reigns series? I saw there was a new GoT one for mobile that is getting really good reviews but wondering if it's worth the $3.99.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:23 pm

The thing that concerns me about Blackout is instead of extensive updates to evolve the game, your going to have to buy the next COD to get the newest version. No way am I dealing with that crap.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am

Bush League Hockey >>>> EA NHL games

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 am

Red Dead releases a week before wife is due. Thinking I'm might make the leap and pick it up, and see how far I can get.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:12 pm

got red dead pre-loaded and ready to go.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:14 pm

anybody on here ever made a multicade?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Is that one of those creepy bugs with like 200 legs?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Anyone hear about Telltale shutting down?
Yes, and it's completely shitty. It looks like TG violated both state and federal labor laws in the way they managed ('managed') the layoffs, and they're facing a class action suit as a result.
Seems like TG overall, was poorly managed, and weren't capable of handling the overnight success they got from the 1st season of The Walking Dead.
So this is kinda cool. The one casual game developer I interviewed at a while ago is hosting a recruiting mixer tonight for the TG people that got hosed.