Video Games

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Oh I did that too. You start to panic because you've made it all the way to the end, and are worried you'll mess up and just do stupid crap. Once I got to the point that was out of my head, I beat it pretty easily.

When you do beat them, you'll find Toad all over the moon. One of them will tell you the rabbits will go another round. I thought you had to beat them again to get another power moon. That's not the case. I beat them again and got the blank 3 moon necklace they give you. You can fight them as many times as you like.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:05 pm

CD Projekt Red finally released their Cyperpunk 2077 gameplay demo from E3!

NSFW

Hnnnnngggggg

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Every time I watch this I start to fap until I pass out; wanted to post it beforehand this time:

And, most importantly, a release date! This will probably be the first launch day purchase I make since Gran Turismo 2.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Back playing Kerbal Space Program. I have Kerbonauts on the way to Dres (Who goes to Dres?) and scanning satellites on the way to every planet in the Outer Planets Mod.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Oh I did that too. You start to panic because you've made it all the way to the end, and are worried you'll mess up and just do stupid crap. Once I got to the point that was out of my head, I beat it pretty easily.

When you do beat them, you'll find Toad all over the moon. One of them will tell you the rabbits will go another round. I thought you had to beat them again to get another power moon. That's not the case. I beat them again and got the blank 3 moon necklace they give you. You can fight them as many times as you like.
I kicked their ass this time. Only took one hit from a bomb. I was ultra aggressive with attacking the legs, but this time was weary of its positioning so it couldn't fall on me and I could find a path up.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 am

I kicked their ass this time. Only took one hit from a bomb. I was ultra aggressive with attacking the legs, but this time was weary of its positioning so it couldn't fall on me and I could find a path up.
:thumb: That's how I beat them. Was super aggressive throwing the hammers at the legs. Just backed off at the half way point when the robot runs at you.

I cleared the Cap, Cascade, Sand (all but 1), Cloud, and Lake kingdoms of stars and coins.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:48 am

So I'm leaning towards waiting until Madden is free on EA access. Compared to 18, it feels like the corners and LBs always punish you no matter what, and on top of that still have superhuman ability to intercept a ball or catch up to a player who's broken free. I've had various corners catch up to AB almost immediately after catching a slant route that he routinely breaks open.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 am

Buddy just told me the MCC update is 73 GBs. Sick.

Pavel Bure

Video Games

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Downloaded Final Fantasy I-VI for mobile a while back. Have had a time of fun with 1-5 (2 was meh at times) but I’m having a lot of troubles getting into 6. The story seems to start/stop too much. Especially with the “choose your own adventure.” Aspect.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:31 pm

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Ubisoft has rolled out New Game+ for Far Cry 5. NG+ is a great feature, but they've done it for the game that has the least replayability of any title in the series.
The end of the game gives you two options: One path results in a nuclear apocalypse, and your character becoming a torture slave for the religious wacko bad guy.... The other path sees you succumbing to the religious wacko bad guy and murdering all the friends you've spent 30 hours of gameplay trying to save. There is no real point to playing again.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Truth, I have been saying this for years. Love demo'ing soccer players. Cry more.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

10-hour trial is up, this year's Madden is trash. I'll wait until it's "free."

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:29 am

Ubisoft has rolled out New Game+ for Far Cry 5. NG+ is a great feature, but they've done it for the game that has the least replayability of any title in the series.
The end of the game gives you two options: One path results in a nuclear apocalypse, and your character becoming a torture slave for the religious wacko bad guy.... The other path sees you succumbing to the religious wacko bad guy and murdering all the friends you've spent 30 hours of gameplay trying to save. There is no real point to playing again.
Wait, so you can't just be done with the story, and have the world to free-roam in?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:07 am

Wait, so you can't just be done with the story, and have the world to free-roam in?
You can, but to my knowledge there are only I think one or two specific locations where you encounter any bad guys. All you can do is collect things (like comic books, or Zippo lighters) to complete quests, and jump off of high points to PR things like wingsuit glide distances. There's one location that remains completely locked off, and you have to sort of 'trick' the game into letting into that area (the St Francis Veteran's Center where Jacob is based). This is contrary to previous Far Cry games, where there were still bad guys wandering around the world post-campaign.

So yes, you can drive/fly/roam around Hope County, but there's sort of nothing to do outside of sightseeing.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am

You can, but to my knowledge there are only I think one or two specific locations where you encounter any bad guys. All you can do is collect things (like comic books, or Zippo lighters) to complete quests, and jump off of high points to PR things like wingsuit glide distances. There's one location that remains completely locked off, and you have to sort of 'trick' the game into letting into that area (the St Francis Veteran's Center where Jacob is based). This is contrary to previous Far Cry games, where there were still bad guys wandering around the world post-campaign.

So yes, you can drive/fly/roam around Hope County, but there's sort of nothing to do outside of sightseeing.
Well, that is disappointing. I'm glad I never picked it up.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Every so often I say to myself, "I should replay Far Cry 4 one of these days," but I never do.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:36 pm

What do you guys thinking of Nintendo going after these retro gaming emulation sites?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Every so often I say to myself, "I should replay Far Cry 4 one of these days," but I never do.
It is a fantastic shooter. I've played it through I think there times

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 pm

What do you guys thinking of Nintendo going after these retro gaming emulation sites?
It sucks but I understand why they're doing it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Like the film and music industries before them, they'll soon realize that there isn't much they can do. Offer up a convenient legal way to play/obtain old games and people will pay for it.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Like the film and music industries before them, they'll soon realize that there isn't much they can do. Offer up a convenient legal way to play/obtain old games and people will pay for it.
You mean like releasing a small number of standalone boxes which only play 30 games and cannot be upgraded? ;)

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 pm

You mean like releasing a small number of standalone boxes which only play 30 games and cannot be upgraded? ;)
Well, I own both so it's a start I suppose. They were close with the virtual console but it seems like that's dead now. All they need to do is release classic controllers for the Switch and open up the virtual console. Problem solved.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 pm

I hadn't even heard about this. How absolutely absurd. Now I wish I would have kept a stockpile. **** Nintendo.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:00 pm

It won't work. US-based ROM sites might comply, but the ROMs will still be available online from servers in countries where the locals will just wipe their butts with any Nintendo lawyer letters.

The right way to deal with this is for Nintendo to make its back catalog available legally and cheaply in order to satisfy the unmistakably significant market for retro gaming. As aptly said above, their to-date efforts have fallen short.