Video Games

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

I've only played it once and had a fight against him. Did enough damage and forced him to die to the storm however I didn't not have a chance to grab the Gauntlet

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Sat May 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Far Cry 5 post-script:

Finally got around to finishing the campaign. What sh|t. After you clear each area, the Peggies simply disappear. They're just not in the world any more. I hadn't noticed it, because as I finished an area I moved on the next and didn't really revisit the cleared sector, and it just didn't occur to me as I was doing side missions. But now that I'm just running around doing stuff, it's like "WHERE ARE ALL THE PEOPLE". You can do Outpost Master and reset the camps, and if you go back to John's island/church there is a **** ton of the bad guys to shoot in the face. But that's it. So dumb.

Altho, I will say that some of the outposts have been absurdly difficult to clear this second time around, so that's been fun.
This has been my issue with Far Cry (and base clearing games in general) is that the world goes quiet and static with no push back. I know constantly having reclear areas is annoying, but there's nothing once an area is clear is just bland. It makes the enemies worthless and uninteresting. It's been an issue with open world games for awhile. Granted what I would want in games isn't suitable for gaming really. But that is why I am enjoying more story driven worlds instead of open world. It's hard to build a narrative when the Main Character can go off and do stupid stuff for in-game months at a time.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 pm

The bad guys don't just up and evaporate in FC3 or 4. That's kind of made it so jarring in 5. I generally prefer story-driven to open world as well, but the last two FCs were so good in that regard, which is what made those bullshit 'capture party' missions so maddening. They finally made a game where the entire map is open pretty much from minute one, and then they force lame story crap on you.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 am

PUBG Mobile updated with the desert map. I was kinda surprised that they did this.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue May 15, 2018 11:25 am

PUBG Mobile updated with the desert map. I was kinda surprised that they did this.
Mobile is a fun way to pass the time but I don't get the same satisfaction from a win on there as I do on Xbox. Half the players are bots and even though it's human players in the final circles, it's not nearly as tense.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

I caved an bought God of War even though I tried to wait and buy it a reduced price. Wasn't a huge fan of past God of War games, but this one is incredible. There's too many little things that are executed perfectly that I can't list them all, and I'm only at the beginning of the game.

The utilization of Atreus in the game is just pure brilliance. He allows Kratos to do things that are out of character yet they still manage to stay consistent with his character.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm

I tried to tell yinz that GoW is game of the year, possibly decade.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:29 pm

I was able to play builds of GOW throughout the year I was at PlayStation, but mostly my work centered on getting gameplay videos on our official YT channel that showed Kratos ripping people's spines out behind age gates.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Mobile is a fun way to pass the time but I don't get the same satisfaction from a win on there as I do on Xbox. Half the players are bots and even though it's human players in the final circles, it's not nearly as tense.
I only have a ps3...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 16, 2018 8:14 am

I think I need to put parental controls on my Xbox to save myself from playing Fortnite until 2 A.M. on work nights...

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm

I have been enjoying Kingdom Come Deliverance the last few nights. Its a super slow burn, and I love it. It's exactly what I wanted and hoped it would be (aside from some annoyances)

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm

How does the game run now? Have there been any patches to improve Kingdom Come?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Fired up Bioshock Infinite this morning. Right when I got to the barbershop quartet singing "God Only Knows" we had a power outage as the utility was replacing a pole behind our house. Woot.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Fired up Bioshock Infinite this morning. Right when I got to the barbershop quartet singing "God Only Knows" we had a power outage as the utility was replacing a pole behind our house. Woot.
I am feeling the itch to start replaying some games. The Witcher 3 and the Bioshock series to name a few. For some dumb reason I find myself more strongly compelled to replay older games I loved than start new ones.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm

The only new game I have in my queue that I still can't figure why I haven't started is Horizon Zero Dawn.

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 pm

How does the game run now? Have there been any patches to improve Kingdom Come?
I have been playing on PS4 and haven't run into many issues. Load times can be rough, but on the whole the game has been really smooth.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri May 18, 2018 9:09 am

I'd love to see a split of my time in God of War so far between actual quest and exploration...

As a note, I completely geeked out the other night when
Kratos busted out the blades of chaos.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am

I'd love to see a split of my time in God of War so far between actual quest and exploration...

I was wondering when you'd get to that part. I couldn't think of a good way to ask without completely spoiling it.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 pm

I will get to start God of War sometime soon... hopefully.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm

I just got to that part yesterday. I was pumped and said out loud, "God of War mother ****," as I was whipping guys with the blades of chaos.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 pm

I just got to that part yesterday. I was pumped and said out loud, "God of War mother ****," as I was whipping guys with the blades of chaos.
:thumb:

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Amusing exchange from God of War...
Atreus: How do you make something out of ingredients that are so... So...
Brok: Nunya.
Atreus: Nunya?
Brok: Nunya **** business
Brok is the best...

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Sun May 20, 2018 5:18 pm

I think I need to put parental controls on my Xbox to save myself from playing Fortnite until 2 A.M. on work nights...
After hearing about this game non stop from my kids, I finally downloaded it yesterday. I still don't understand what I'm trying to do in the game, but it seems fun.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Just finished the main story of God of War... what a game. Can't recommend it enough.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 am

After hearing about this game non stop from my kids, I finally downloaded it yesterday. I still don't understand what I'm trying to do in the game, but it seems fun.
Learning how to build is the key to winning fights. It is fun and a nice break from the typical shooter. The emotes and crazy skins are fun for all ages.