shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Put it in a shoe box with holes cut out for your hands
:lol:

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:20 pm

As I learned from listening to Car Talk, the solution for any annoying light is to put a piece of electrical tape over it. Presto! No more light.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 pm

I have leftover static cling tint that I used on my alarm clock, so I may go that route.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am

A weekend with the oculus quest 2 and this thing is incredible. So much fun.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am

I have tried playing both Halo 4 and 5, and just don’t like them. The weapons are pretty lame, there’s less structure in the campaigns, and it just hasn’t been as fun as I thought it would be. Downloading Gears of War 4 because of how much more I enjoyed Gears 5 than Halo.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Halo Combat Evolved is still the best Halo.

Downloading Portal 2 on my PC, one of my favorite games to play.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm

A weekend with the oculus quest 2 and this thing is incredible. So much fun.
I've only done VR once, and I didn't care for it (a driving game; I crashed and spun and got near instant motion sickness for real). But there are a couple VR titles that I'd like to try playing with Mrs Tif. She's ardently not into games, but something like Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes seems like it might be a hoot to play together.

I also want to try to get her to play Fall Guys.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 pm

Damn straight. It has one of the best twists I’ve ever experienced in gaming. It was pre Xbox Live but the network in the dorms acted as a giant LAN so we played a ton of multiplayer. Winning a match then screaming **** talk down the hallway was fun as hell.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:27 pm

I've heard the same, but right now I have no interest in playing a game that old based on the graphics alone.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 pm

I've heard the same, but right now I have no interest in playing a game that old based on the graphics alone.
If it makes you feel any better, CE on MCC is a remastered version with updated graphics. You can actually switch between the remaster and the original in game using the select button, which is pretty cool.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Damn straight. It has one of the best twists I’ve ever experienced in gaming. It was pre Xbox Live but the network in the dorms acted as a giant LAN so we played a ton of multiplayer. Winning a match then screaming **** talk down the hallway was fun as hell.
Give me that pistol in any game ever. That thing slaps. The campaign is top tier by itself.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 pm

The old based graphics are the only way to play. Are you for real?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Video Games

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:44 am

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:23 am

CoD pros play on controller. He probably wouldn't have any issues if the pro league was on keyboard/mouse. But it is what it is.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:29 am

I don't know who that is, but dude got to live the dream. To go pro in any game takes a **** ton of skill and practice. I feel like people are mocking him because of the thumb thing, but like DG said, if you're gaming on a controller, a thumb injury with any kind of lasting pain is going to crush your ability to compete.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Yikes, this is something:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:19 pm

So that literally is pay to win. Great.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:59 am

Finished off Zelda: BOTW last night. Debating whether I should still do the DLC.

I'm ready to move on, but at the same time still enjoy the game. But I've just been spending a bunch of time just looking for items to upgrade my armor and stuff.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:38 am

Finished off Zelda: BOTW last night. Debating whether I should still do the DLC.

I'm ready to move on, but at the same time still enjoy the game. But I've just been spending a bunch of time just looking for items to upgrade my armor and stuff.
There is a handy travelers token or something like that which you can use to create a fast travel point. It's less useful however if you already finished the main content.

As far as the rest of the dlc goes, answer a simple question: Did yoy really like Eventide Island? Like really, really like it? Cuz the majority of the dlc is kind of along those lines.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 am

Major pet peeve: when a developer decides to slap a completely ridiculous/tedious achievement in just to be a dick and you are forced to either ruin your enjoyment of a game, or stop one trophy shy of getting the platinum.

I don't necessarily get the platinum in every game, some are just too ridiculous to go after... but when there is literally just one dumb trophy that makes the entire thing a slog, it is frustrating.

Like I know going into a Yakuza game, I won't be getting platinum because there is so much crap required for it, so it doesn't bother me.

However, I was playing a game I bought off PSN called Reverie. It's a Zelda/Earthbound clone, not too bad for under $5 on sale.

At least until I got to the very end and found out that one of the trophies (and an item I needed to get the last couple) were guarded by a shitty space shooter in the arcade. This had nothing to do with the game at all, and on top of that, it was no R-Type. You had to get over 10k points on it.

This doesn't sound like a ton, but you accumulated points really slow (the eventual successful run took over 5 minutes), can only move left to right to avoid obstacles, the powerups and enemies were completely random, so you could have one run where you never got a single shield. I usually died in the 3k range, but had a death at 9995 and I almost kicked the screen in. I did finally get it, but it really soured me on the whole experience.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:37 am

There is a handy travelers token or something like that which you can use to create a fast travel point. It's less useful however if you already finished the main content.

As far as the rest of the dlc goes, answer a simple question: Did yoy really like Eventide Island? Like really, really like it? Cuz the majority of the dlc is kind of along those lines.
I liked doing that Eventide Island quest, but not enough to have to do it over and over again. So I may pass.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 am

The trial of the sword or whatever that upgrades the Master Sword is basically 3 lengthy Eventide Islands where you have to clear multiple floors, start with nothing, and if you die, you have to redo the entire thing.

There is also a set of shrines where you are forced to wear an item that kills any enemy in one hit but also sets yiur health to one hit.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:52 pm

@NAN have you played Yoshi's Crafted World? It is not the hardest game in the world but super fun, especially if you enjoyed Yoshi's Island for SNES. My daughter loves it.