Postby eddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

this looks like a completely new game.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:11 pm

It looks nice, but the only new thing that I see is whatever that create a dungeon thing is.

I mean I love LA but seems greedy imo.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Source of the post I mean I love LA but seems greedy imo.
well yeah, this is nintendo we're talking about

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:22 am

Man, I forgot how much I love LA music.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am

This is disappointing to read, given that this is theoretically the only "new" thing in the LA remake...

https://kotaku.com/zelda-link-s-awakeni ... 1838038985

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Is there a FaF posse in RDR2? getting kinda boring being shot at by every player I come across.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:29 am

Apparently the embargo on reviews for LA doesn't end till the 19th for some reason. Not that I was going to preorder it or anything, but I hate this crap.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 am

Is there a FaF posse in RDR2? getting kinda boring being shot at by every player I come across.
Beat the game, played online for about 15 minutes, haven't been back because of griefing. It's the same as it is in GTA, and I don't know why Rockstar caters to it, honestly.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 am

That was my exact experience with GTA V.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm pretty sure this comes out Friday for $20 on switch. Between this and Zelda, I'm looking forward to the weekend.

edit: comes out friday and it's $15 if you get it on launch
Last edited by eddy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Video Games

Postby meow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm

PS4?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:14 pm

I bought NHL 20 because I'm a glutton for punishment. I've been enjoying playing online. It feels new and they made some adjustments that result in a much better experience. For example, it's actually possible to play defense in most situations. I've only had a handful of goals against that felt cheap. If a cross-crease happens or short-side cheese, it's because I got myself out of position on defense.

Offline modes are disappointing, though. I can't seem to find a balance with the difficulty. It's either way too easy or impossibly difficult. And zero changes made to Be A Pro...

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:25 pm

The GM mode is terrible again. Too slow, more menus now to navigate through. Tried it for 10 hours and just downloaded Fifa 19 to play that.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Tried it for 10 hours and just downloaded Fifa 19 to play that.
pretty sure @Juice just got an erection and he doesn't know why...

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 am

The connection between The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Twin Peaks was confirmed when it was brought up during an interview with Eiji Aonuma and Takashi Tezuka by Vice.

Tezuka: I didn't try to do that on purpose. About Twin Peaks. We were talking about this before you [Iwata] arrived. I was talking about fashioning Link's Awakening with a feel that's somewhat like Twin Peaks. At the time, Twin Peaks was rather popular. The drama was all about a small number of characters in a small town. So I wanted to make something like that, while it would be small enough in scope to easily understand, it would have deep and distinctive characteristics.

Aonuma: At the time, I didn't know what he was talking about. I was like, "What is this guy talking about?" But since Twin Peaks was popular at the time…

Iwata: You thought he just wanted to be trendy?

Aonuma: Yeah. I thought, "You really want to make The Legend of Zelda like that?" Now the mystery is solved.
https://www.thegamer.com/twink-peaks-links-awakening/

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am

reviews are up for Links Awakening. Looks like Nintendo has another winner!

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 am

Sounds like they made a few nice improvements in regards to how you use the items. Makes sense since they aren't limited to 2 buttons. $60 is still obnoxious.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:49 am

Source of the post $60 is still obnoxious.
agree. I'd be happier with $40 like wind waker remake, but it's arriving tomorrow and I can't wait. It's been an expensive week as I also purchased 2 super nes controllers. Looking forward to a lot of old Zelda in my future.

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:12 am

I bought NHL 20 because I'm a glutton for punishment. I've been enjoying playing online. It feels new and they made some adjustments that result in a much better experience. For example, it's actually possible to play defense in most situations. I've only had a handful of goals against that felt cheap. If a cross-crease happens or short-side cheese, it's because I got myself out of position on defense.

Offline modes are disappointing, though. I can't seem to find a balance with the difficulty. It's either way too easy or impossibly difficult. And zero changes made to Be A Pro...
I got it this past weekend and messed around with the just the standard gameplay and I like some of the improvements they've made. I didn't mess enough with the difficulty sliders so I'll see how that works.

It's just disappointing to me that they don't even attempt to upgrade the franchise or Be A Pro modes. I'll get into some of the online content, but my preference for sports games has always been the franchise modes. It's strange to me to look back 15+ years now and realize that franchise modes in the NHL and NFL games were really at their peak on systems that are now two generations old. The franchise modes in most of those games - the old 2K series NHL and NFL games, especially - just felt a lot more engaging and would keep me into the games for hours.

I don't know why they've taken steps back, at least to me. Maybe they're just not as good or as engaging. My interest in the NHL and NFL has waned over the last 5-6 years, as has my interest in their respective video games. I still get them and I'll still play them, but I don't devote anywhere near the hours into building a team like I used to. Part of that is because i don't have as much time, but part of it is because every time I fire up the PS4, I still find myself drawn more to games like Star Wars: Battlefront II or Destiny 2 (my favorite "decompress...let's not think about anything for two hours" games), or some of the other story-driven games that I've come to love. Hell, most of the time I'd much rather play through another run or three of the Mass Effect trilogy than try to work through an NHL or Madden franchise.

That said, if EA or anyone ever releases another NCAA Football game I will take two straight days off of work and play the absolute hell out of it.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am

Source of the post $60 is still obnoxious.
agree. I'd be happier with $40 like wind waker remake, but it's arriving tomorrow and I can't wait. It's been an expensive week as I also purchased 2 super nes controllers. Looking forward to a lot of old Zelda in my future.
I'm sure it will be awesome regardless... I'm just not willing to drop the dough on it myself atm. Enjoy.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 am

I got it this past weekend and messed around with the just the standard gameplay and I like some of the improvements they've made. I didn't mess enough with the difficulty sliders so I'll see how that works.

It's just disappointing to me that they don't even attempt to upgrade the franchise or Be A Pro modes. I'll get into some of the online content, but my preference for sports games has always been the franchise modes. It's strange to me to look back 15+ years now and realize that franchise modes in the NHL and NFL games were really at their peak on systems that are now two generations old. The franchise modes in most of those games - the old 2K series NHL and NFL games, especially - just felt a lot more engaging and would keep me into the games for hours.

I don't know why they've taken steps back, at least to me. Maybe they're just not as good or as engaging. My interest in the NHL and NFL has waned over the last 5-6 years, as has my interest in their respective video games. I still get them and I'll still play them, but I don't devote anywhere near the hours into building a team like I used to. Part of that is because i don't have as much time, but part of it is because every time I fire up the PS4, I still find myself drawn more to games like Star Wars: Battlefront II or Destiny 2 (my favorite "decompress...let's not think about anything for two hours" games), or some of the other story-driven games that I've come to love. Hell, most of the time I'd much rather play through another run or three of the Mass Effect trilogy than try to work through an NHL or Madden franchise.

That said, if EA or anyone ever releases another NCAA Football game I will take two straight days off of work and play the absolute hell out of it.
The reason the offline modes have taken steps back is because they don't make their money in offline modes. It's no coincidence that the mode that offers the most upgrades every year is HUT/MUT/FUT/whatever. They make a **** ton of money off of people buying packs. It's easily the biggest continual money maker so they're going to put most if not all of their resources into getting the Ultimate Team players back for the new version of the game.

Oh and speaking of NCAA football game, the NCAA tease in Madden 20 is incredibly frustrating.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 am

Battlefront 2 has made a pretty decent comeback. Adding another planet and new modes soon (Felucia?)

It's been 10 years since NHL was on PC, and although NHL 09 still is available via Origin, and there are plenty of third party rosters, arena packs, AI upgrades, it sucks that they stopped making it for PC gamers.