Video Games

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed May 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Plus, the game is clearly made in the same engine, with the same assets as Fallout 4, so it's not unreasonable to expect a new game similar to how New Vegas was with Fallout 3.
I am fine with the Fallout 4 engine, but PLEASE bring back the more complex dialogue choices from 3 and NV. The shallow dialogue in 4 just about ruined it for me, because that was such a huge part of the older games.
Might be in luck, there. I recall an interview after Fallout 4 where Todd Howard said they were not happy with how the dialogue system and voiced protagonist worked out. It's fairly likely that we won't see those again.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed May 30, 2018 1:20 pm

If it’s set 25 years after the bombs drop there should be no synths, and that is a good thing. Also means not very many supermutants...that’s bad.
Last edited by Viva la Ben on Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm

If it’s set 25 years after the bombs drop there should be no synths, and that is a good thing.
No Synths, Super Mutants, Ghouls, or drastically altered creatures, either. 25 years is reeeaaaaaally fresh.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

I will gladly say my take is on the negative side (bad take), I also prefer Pub G to Fortnite, because I hate the cartoonish feel. I'm on the older side of gaming now anyways age-wise, so this likely has a bit to do with it as well. I just know that good FPS games like Battlefield could suffer because of BR type stuff when the core of that game is an objective based shooter and more resources are not spent on its bread and butter.

Pub G has finally made more maps, but Fortnite has seemingly gone full-on deep into skins. I do kind of believe that's as predatory as loot boxes with the younger generation who don't know how to spend and understand this game will die out in a few years and it's all meaningless. But that's not a games issue.
While Fortnite does produce a bunch of skins, emotes, etc. they are always updating the map, adding/removing weapons, balancing weapon stats, adding limited time game modes, and continually working on optimization. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have lagged out of a game or the game crashed completely in over 6 months of playing. PUBG could have fixed those issues but I know they were a big issue early on.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Might be in luck, there. I recall an interview after Fallout 4 where Todd Howard said they were not happy with how the dialogue system and voiced protagonist worked out. It's fairly likely that we won't see those again.
:thumb: :thumb:

I'm happy they get it. The silent protagonist works so much better for these games.

I agree, 25 years after the bombs IS very fresh, but it could also be interesting to see the first attempts at rebuilding society. I assume they chose the location because it would have been naturally protected from a lot of the fallout, unlike the locations closer to the metropolitan centers.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:45 pm

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 8164285442
I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed

Schreier is gaming's equivalent of Eklund. Lot of half truths and speculation so that even when something comes up that isn't quite what he said, he ends up being "right" because technically he had part of the information.

Take it with a grain of salt.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Wed May 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Fortnite, and I assume PUBG is identical, that they aren't pay to win at all. In Fortnite all of the purchased skins, gliders, dances, etc. don't give any benefit to aiming, bullet damage, run faster, etc. Now they could play a factor into a player that isn't confident and sees 4 John Wick skins bearing down. So possibly a mental edge but no actual measurable help.
i dont even know what the skins mean

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 pm

My guess: Fallout 76 is a MMORPG. We know that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games generally share game engines and development. What does Bethesda offer for the Elder Scrolls that it doesn't offer for Fallout? Elder Scrolls Online. It would be relatively straightforward to take the ESO game engine and restyle it into a MMO Fallout game. Look at all of those Fallout fans who currently aren't being milked for paid DLC packs, loot boxes, and microtransactions. A Fallout MMO would "fix" that problem.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed May 30, 2018 3:45 pm

My guess: Fallout 76 is a MMORPG. We know that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games generally share game engines and development. What does Bethesda offer for the Elder Scrolls that it doesn't offer for Fallout? Elder Scrolls Online. It would be relatively straightforward to take the ESO game engine and restyle it into a MMO Fallout game. Look at all of those Fallout fans who currently aren't being milked for paid DLC packs, loot boxes, and microtransactions. A Fallout MMO would "fix" that problem.
Couple issues with that theory... The teaser looks like the FO4 Creation Engine which is completely incapable of supporting any kind of multiplayer. Also, the studio responsible for TES and Fallout games did not make ESO - Zenimax Online did.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed May 30, 2018 3:57 pm

I could be wrong, but the teaser might not be reflective of actual gameplay, or even the actual game engine. And while development of ESO was outsourced to Zenimax , Bethesda certainly advertises the game as if it were one of its own. It might also be that Bethesda has developed its own MMO engine, but I'm still betting on a Fallout equivalent to ESO.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed May 30, 2018 4:04 pm

I could be wrong, but the teaser might not be reflective of actual gameplay, or even the actual game engine. And while development of ESO was outsourced to Zenimax , Bethesda certainly advertises the game as if it were one of its own. It might also be that Bethesda has developed its own MMO engine, but I'm still betting on a Fallout equivalent to ESO.
First part is possible.

But they didn't outsource ESO... Zenimax is the Bethesda parent company. They made the game on their own with input from their other studios, but the actual creation had nothing to do with the studio that makes the single player RPG's. It's also unlikely that Todd Howard's studio made a new engine for multiplayer - it isn't their focus, and Bethesda Austin is the studio that would handle multiplayer. They used to be Battlecry Studios.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Jason Schreier of Kotaku is in fact reporting that Fallout 76 is being developed in part by Bethesda Austin, which used to be BattleCry Studios. Schreier says that he's heard from leakers that "Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust."

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-i ... 1826425333

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed May 30, 2018 4:15 pm

OK, now I'm in for that. There's going to need to be troll control if it's an online game though.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:44 pm

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 8164285442
I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed

Schreier is gaming's equivalent of Eklund. Lot of half truths and speculation so that even when something comes up that isn't quite what he said, he ends up being "right" because technically he had part of the information.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 pm

What MR25 said. It should be noted that Kotaku is black listed by Bethesda.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Out of curiosity, others who played God of War, did you just beat the story or try to collect everything?

I'm finding some aspects of the latter to be not quite as fun... As is usually the case.

In particular...
Valkyries can be a huge PITA... The one in the Mountain demolished me.

Niffelheim in particular is an f'n slog if I ever saw one. Interesting in concept, but a bit too grindy overall.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 pm

I tried to complete as much as possible, but ultimately I decided to just complete the story. I left some of the Valkyrie fights to do, but that Niffelheim one just might do me in. Not looking forward to doing that one at all.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 pm

What MR25 said. It should be noted that Kotaku is black listed by Bethesda.
I've never thought highly of Kotaku. Part of that same Gawker family of clickbait.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:29 am

Made a bit of progress on God of War.... Have killed 5 Valkyries. Nearly done with Midgard... Just have one valkyrie and one legendary chest. After that, have to finish Musphelheim and Niflheim, then I believe it's just the Valkyrie Queen and I'll be done.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am

I've seen a few people commenting on the Valkyrie Queen...well best of luck good sir.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:28 am

I've seen a few people commenting on the Valkyrie Queen...well best of luck good sir.
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to any of what I have left, really. But I'd rather not stop now that I'm this far.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:45 am

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to any of what I have left, really. But I'd rather not stop now that I'm this far.
Seems as though your well on your way to completion so you have to complete it for sure. I've watched the fight, it may shave years off your life.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/juras ... -pack-dlc/
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Universal once again to bring one of the greatest movie franchises of all time to Rocket League! The Jurassic World Car Pack DLC will be available on June 18 for $1.99 (or regional equivalent) on all platforms and features new items that will remind everyone in the arena of when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

The Jeep Wrangler, featuring both Jurassic World AND Jurassic Park Decals, depending on which team you’re on in a match, is sure to please both old and new Jurassic Park fans alike. The Jeep Wrangler also comes with its own unique Wheels and Engine Audio, making your gas-powered Jeep a spitting image of the cars in the films. Want to get into the Tyrannosaurus spirit with other Battle-Cars? Life finds a way and so too does the ‘T. rex’ Goal Explosion that's sure to give Dr. Ian Malcolm some uncomfortable flashbacks. A new themed Topper, three Player Banners, and three Antennas are in there too.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Cool. Wonder how the hitbox is.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:08 pm

That's awesome. I'm still waiting for an Ecto-1 though.