Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:21 pm

The resale market is huge for consoles right now. Both consoles are even on Stock X. If Stock X is selling them, resellers have even more incentive to snatch them up.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:24 pm

The resale market is huge for consoles right now. Both consoles are even on Stock X. If Stock X is selling them, resellers have even more incentive to snatch them up.
Yeah I saw that. No way I'm shelling out 850 or 900 just for the console, but others will.

I'm not that desperate.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:27 pm

At least on Stock X you have some guarantee that it'll be a new, unopened system. But yeah, no way would I pay almost double retail price for something that'll likely be readily available in a few months. Consoles aren't like sneakers where they have a limited run and resale value only increases as time moves on.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Up to 91 stars for Mario 64. 29 more to go. Again, pretty impressed. I've only had to look up like 4 of them.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:07 pm

My XSX arrived at noon, from FedEx.
What are your thoughts so far? I'm personally feeling more like an upgrade than a jump to next gen. That's mostly because I don't have any next-gen games yet (COD tomorrow) and I'm still stuck on a 1080p TV. The speed is crazy, though, and I'm loving quick resume.

I just started Jedi Fallen Order and I'm loving it. I don't generally stick with single players game long but I'm into the story right now and the gameplay is fun. It did take me a little while to accept Ian Gallagher as a Jedi, though.

I only got everything set up last night (was waiting for a hard drive to transfer stuff).

Destiny looks amazing, but the bigger thing, IMO, is the load times. Something that would've taken a solid 15-20 seconds to load on XBone takes no more than 5 now.

I'm also playing on a smaller TV so the graphics aren't as noticeable, but there's enough of a difference to me.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:42 pm

I was also in queue on the official sony site for 2 hours last night. As I was waiting around for Target and other places. I finally got in after 2 hours and of course OOS. It seemed like people who got in like 5 minutes before me were still getting systems.

All around. I hate scalpers. I hate bots.
Yeah did the same. Paying for it dearly today. I need toothpicks for my eyes.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:09 pm

again got a PS5 in my cart and got to checkout.. walmart site crashes... and now it's OOS.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:11 pm

again got a PS5 in my cart and got to checkout.. walmart site crashes... and now it's OOS.
same. There's another queue on the sony direct site but since the console is apparently live now that is too late to do anything with I am sure.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Follow this dude: he has the scoop on everything re: orders. https://twitter.com/Wario64

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Follow this dude: he has the scoop on everything re: orders. https://twitter.com/Wario64
Yeah, been following him since the first wave of preorders. Problem is if you arent on the site already refreshing, it's probably already too late for most of this stuff... it's insane.

No idea if the xbox was this crazy, but this dies like the instant it goes up anywhere.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:16 pm

I actually got further a second ago.. the whole way to place an order, and then it said out of stock. I hit place the order and it error'd out on me. Frustrating.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Direct site now says oos, check back tomorrow btw

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Yeah, Xbox is just as big of a mess. Amazon **** up spectacularly and oversold pre-orders. Some of those who pre-ordered with them on Sept 22 got a notification on the day before launch that they may not receive their consoles until Dec 31.

Same thing as PS5 with other sites where you'll get it in your cart and it'll error out. Good luck, fellas.

Long shot, but you can try https://popfindr.com/ to see if there's any in stock locally.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Yeah, Xbox is just as big of a mess. Amazon **** up spectacularly and oversold pre-orders. Some of those who pre-ordered with them on Sept 22 got a notification on the day before launch that they may not receive their consoles until Dec 31.

Same thing as PS5 with other sites where you'll get it in your cart and it'll error out. Good luck, fellas.

Long shot, but you can try https://popfindr.com/ to see if there's any in stock locally.
Yeah that says that Target has some in stock near by. THe problem is no one is selling them actually in store right now. Everything is you have to order online and go pick it up. So popfindr.com says Target hassome, but the online site says OOS, so can't order it.

It's just a huge cluster.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:40 pm

Yeah that says that Target has some in stock near by. THe problem is no one is selling them actually in store right now. Everything is you have to order online and go pick it up. So popfindr.com says Target hassome, but the online site says OOS, so can't order it.

That's also what they were saying about Xbox but there were a few posts on Reddit where people went in person and were able to buy it. Obviously YMMV

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:44 pm

That's also what they were saying about Xbox but there were a few posts on Reddit where people went in person and were able to buy it. Obviously YMMV
Popfindr says the target in Monroeville has 2, and the one in east liberty has 15. The numbers have moved slightly today, but they moved a ton since last night. I feel like they might be correct, but I don't want to go drive to east liberty during rush hour for nothing ha.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:08 pm

In the hunt for a disc edition PS5. Got a feeling I'm just gonna need to wait a bit.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:12 pm

In the hunt for a disc edition PS5. Got a feeling I'm just gonna need to wait a bit.
lol yes. or get reallly lucky.

struck out on all 4 chances with Walmart today. Every time it let me add to cart, site died, then eventually lol out of stock.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:14 pm

It's wild that walmart has crashed repeatedly today.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:20 pm

I've struck out everytime since midnight last night. Sony has really messed this launch up. I had it in my cart several times today before site crashes.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 pm

I've struck out everytime since midnight last night. Sony has really messed this launch up. I had it in my cart several times today before site crashes.
My buddy got to payment details this last time but the captcha wouldnt load. Ouch.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:25 pm

My buddy got to payment details this last time but the captcha wouldnt load. Ouch.
I had that with best buy this morning. Went to click on place order and boom gone. The worst.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:51 am

I read through multiple posts on Reddit from people whose PS5 died within hours of receiving it... oof. That’s the risk with the first batch of a new gen.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:13 am

I read through multiple posts on Reddit from people whose PS5 died within hours of receiving it... oof. That’s the risk with the first batch of a new gen.
Same thing happening with Series X. Doubt either are widespread but it does make me nervous.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:22 am

I drove by target in monroeville just for fun this morning after dropping my dog off at camp. This was one that showed like 2 in stock on popfindr, and there was a line at least 30 deep outside waiting. I ran to giant eagle and as I was leaving it was like 10 after 8 and everyone came out of the store empty handed.