Video Games

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 am

MP is still one of my favorite games to this day. So much so that I took the time to install the homebrew channel on my Wii so I could extract the GC disc and play the randomizer.

Still play multiple Prime and Echoes randomizer seeds per week.

That said, I'm unlikely to buy the remaster because every time they touch the game they patch out more of the speed tricks that make the game more enjoyable (typically to get items early, allowing you to streamline your path through the game rather than backtracking repeatedly).

Not to mention that the randomizer gives you pretty much infinite possibilities as far as item locations and can make every seed feel like a different game. Think of it like if the original Zelda had infinite new quests instead of just one.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:37 am

Seems like I'm pretty much set for awhile game wise.

Like a Dragon: Ishin comes out later this month.

The final Diablo 3 season prior tonD4 will likely be launching late February/early March and looks to be going out with a bang,

Horizon DLC in April

New Zelda in May

Diablo 4 in June

Hell yeah.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:29 am

NAN have you seen the new Zelda trailer?
Just watched it. I'm pumped.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:44 pm

I remember Dunkey being somewhat popular years ago... This made me laugh. Pretty good stuff:

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:11 pm

I have about 12 hours of gameplay into HogLeg. This game is an absolute blast to play and I'm loving every second. There is a ton to do, and even after 12 hours I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. I just got my first broom, and am about to unlock the room of requirement. Just wandering around inside the castle is fun with tons of little things to discover. The combat is somewhat challenging at this point without being too hard (or too easy). The main quests feel 'big' and definitely incorporate the 'magic' of the world. Now that I have a broom I'll be exploring more of the surrounding area, which is pretty extensive. The entire world feels...right.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:17 am

Daughter and I cleaned/reorganized my closet this weekend. The vast majority of stuff in there is my video game collection. Unboxed some stuff I ordered from ebay a few years ago that I never opened. Had the Power Glove, ROB the robot, a few old NES toys. We bagged and backed all 285 Nintendo Power magazines and organized them all. Also organized the games and all the variants of N64s and controllers. A lot of stuff brought back memories. Everything is organized and in good order now instead of just piled up randomly.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:27 am

Daughter and I cleaned/reorganized my closet this weekend. The vast majority of stuff in there is my video game collection. Unboxed some stuff I ordered from ebay a few years ago that I never opened. Had the Power Glove, ROB the robot, a few old NES toys. We bagged and backed all 285 Nintendo Power magazines and organized them all. Also organized the games and all the variants of N64s and controllers. A lot of stuff brought back memories. Everything is organized and in good order now instead of just piled up randomly.
Always fun to go through that stuff and think of memories tied to it.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:33 am

Always fun to go through that stuff and think of memories tied to it.
It was funny. I was like a little kid all excited about this stuff. We popped in a few old NES games, and she just looked like "this is what you played as a kid, it sucks". Also thought ROB was the weirdest thing and kept calling the Nintendo Powers my comic book collection.

I told her to have fun cleaning all this stuff out when I die one day.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 am

So is the hogwarts game any good if you've never read/played/seen the Potter movies? I'm that guy, never had an interest in it, didn't care about it, won't care about it - but it seems to be transcending that need to see the movie, is it true?

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 am

IMO, after watching my roommate play, the only thing the movies give you is a deeper context of the world you're in. It does a fairly decent job of creating its own story and relevant background within that world, and doesn't seem overly referential to the books. It also helps that it takes place in the 1800s which is well before the Harry Potter series. I'm sure there are callbacks and subtle nods to the books but nothing that would serve as a detriment to someone who hadn't read them.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:47 am

IMO, after watching my roommate play, the only thing the movies give you is a deeper context of the world you're in. It does a fairly decent job of creating its own story and relevant background within that world, and doesn't seem overly referential to the books. It also helps that it takes place in the 1800s which is well before the Harry Potter series. I'm sure there are callbacks and subtle nods to the books but nothing that would serve as a detriment to someone who hadn't read them.
:thumb:

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:03 am

:thumb:
Definitely what MR25 said. I haven't read the books since they were first released, and haven't seen anything past the 5th HP movie. The game basically just uses the world created, not any of the original narrative content. It certainly helps to have an understanding of what Hogsmeade is or why the pictures on the wall move, but the devs do a great job of using their story premise of a 'new 5th year student' to fill in the history/details of the world in general.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:47 pm

I'll watch this...

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:04 pm

For you Dreamlight Valley players, the big update was released today. Added characters, items, new quests, and fixed a lot of bugs. Also added a side quest for Disney 100th anniversary.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:14 am

I'll watch this...

I think the least believable part of that trailer is a Lada with four people in it actually going that fast.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:11 am

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:20 pm

Atomic Heart releases today. It looks and plays like a Soviet Bioshock. Just preordered on steam.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:21 pm

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:47 pm

Is your main melee weapon a hammer-and-sickle shaped wrench?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:00 pm

Atomic Heart releases today. It looks and plays like a Soviet Bioshock. Just preordered on steam.
It's wild, it's either got really decent reviews, or really bad reviews lol.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:38 pm

Oh man, I absolutely loved the world building in Bioshock. Would gladly go back and play through that series again.

I actually bought the Mass Effect series for like 15 bucks a few weeks ago. Want to play that again too.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:06 pm

Kerbal Space Program 2 goes Early Access on Friday. They've also released minimum and recommended specs, and they're pretty steep. Sounds like it's time to upgrade my gaming computer.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 am

Like a Dragon: Ishin! has been a blast so far. Basically a typical Yakuza game play wise, but with Samurai.

Played a gem of a substory tonight.

You go to the bathhouse and someone steals you clothes, so you have to chase him across town... nude. Upon catching up to him, you are then chased by the "cops", who were responding to the naked guy running around town.

The substory was named "A Clean Streak".

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:22 am

Got the Invisibility cheat in Goldeneye, wahoo. I used a suspend point for the Invincibility one 'cause I aint about sitting around for 2 hours anymore just to do a bonus thing in a game.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:39 am

I finally had an old school Halo experience last night. Playing Strongholds in Ranked, and we're literally seconds away from winning. I see an enemy that's absolute, so I chuck a nade. End up killing him and my teammate, who I did not see. He had been whining the whole match, and was the reason I had my mic on mute, but went off: "NTP you nanner, you **** ****! You're such a nanner!" It was amazing how angry he got even though we were smacking the other team. So I click my mic on and tell him to "calm down and stop being a whiny little dodint", and all I hear is "WHAT..." <click>, game goes to the menu. :lol:

I blocked him in Xbox chat because I know that's where he's going next, so I'm sure this dude popped a blood vessel when he tried to send me hate messages. :lol: