Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 am

Pro controller for switch on sale at Walmart and Amazon for $55. That seems like a good deal

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:04 am

Is there a way to re-calibrate the control stick(s) on a PS4 Dualshock controller? The left stick on my primary unit (heh) has gone a little wonky; games don't seem to read when I'm full forward, player avatars react weirdly at times. It's annoying, but not to the point where it completely scuppers gameplay. Yet.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 am

I know a guy at Sony that can get you one for chea..., oh.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Is there a way to re-calibrate the control stick(s) on a PS4 Dualshock controller? The left stick on my primary unit (heh) has gone a little wonky; games don't seem to read when I'm full forward, player avatars react weirdly at times. It's annoying, but not to the point where it completely scuppers gameplay. Yet.
I've had that happen to me with my original PS4 controller. I took it apart to see if there was anything I could do to fix it, but it was still the same. I bought another controller, in the end.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Poop

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Once a joy stick goes, it's gone. Replace.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 pm

-Had Switch shipped to work to keep the porch pirates away
-Opened box to get it setup/updated on work wifi
-Signed up for Nintendo Online
-Played Excitebike and Ice Hockey for QC testing purposes

Man, I love Nintendo's UI. Easy to use, attractive, simple. Tis a shame all of my Wii e-store games aren't compatible with the Switch, but it is what it is.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Man, I love Nintendo's UI. Easy to use, attractive, simple. Tis a shame all of my Wii e-store games aren't compatible with the Switch, but it is what it is.
If you didn't pick four fat dudes for your team, you aren't playing Ice Hockey correctly.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Nice. Agree. I've been home sick for 2 days and had to do some QC testing of my own. It's going to be hard waiting until Christmas. I was going to set up kids under family plan and link accounts, but it appears they can't carry on those accounts to full nes accounts after their of age, so I think I have to just add users or make fake accounts

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm also pretty annoyed that Mario party can only be played with joy cons and I have 4 of those and a pro controller for 5 of us.

CBear3

Video Games

Postby CBear3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm

My kid is hooked on 10 Yard Fight, NBA Jam, and NHL 94.
Anything where he doesn't have to read plays and only has to mash two buttons.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Got Smash Bros the other day... Haven't had much time to play yet. Was annoyed to find out that you can use gamecube controllers with it, but need an adapter... Which of course is already backlogged past Christmas.

My own fault for not looking into that sooner but still annoying. Doesn't present an issue for me solo, but was hoping to maybe get a big mp session going on xmas... Just have the pro and the joy cons now.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Can most games (Switch) be played with the two controllers that come with it? We're going cheap on this initially to see how the kids like it.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm

I finished up Insomnia: The Ark. I really wanted to be able to recommend this game. I like the graphics and gameplay, and the setting of the game (a run-down interstellar generation ship) and the art style are both great. It plays as a third-person RPG like the Witcher, and the art style is reminiscent of something like Bioshock. Games like this are right up my alley. But the game is still really buggy even after several patches, and the story is a mess. The ending video for the ending I got didn't even play correctly, and the whole ending section of the game was really bugged. Moreover, the ending was vague and really didn't make any sense. Given that the developers are Russian, parts of the story may be getting lost in translation. There are two main story lines. One just kinds of peters out with no real resolution, and the other is so opaque and confusing that even at the end of the game I really didn't understand what was going on. Very disappointing.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Can most games (Switch) be played with the two controllers that come with it? We're going cheap on this initially to see how the kids like it.
It appears that way. It's really an amazing machine and feels very well built, but I'm having a tough time getting used to how small the controllers are. I'm glad I got a pro controller.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 pm

If you didn't pick four fat dudes for your team, you aren't playing Ice Hockey correctly.

You're right, because you can only pick 3 players :slug:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

You're right, because you can only pick 3 players :slug:
:lol: it’s been a while

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Wut?

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Maybe I'm the one who hasn't played in forever...

I stand corrected

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:52 pm

those that have a switch, do you have the online service? I just noticed you can get access to regular NES games through this service. Is it worth it? I may sign up just to order these

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online- ... al-offers/

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pm

regarding the online subscription if you do have it, I can't seem to find out if the yearly individual will cover my kids as I added them as users on the switch (they are not registered linked accounts, but just users to play on that console) or if I should go the family route.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Maybe I'm the one who hasn't played in forever...

I stand corrected
I only looked because I thought maybe it was different for the Switch port which would have been a bummer.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm

those that have a switch, do you have the online service? I just noticed you can get access to regular NES games through this service. Is it worth it? I may sign up just to order these

I would like to know more about this as well.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:56 pm

I would like to know more about this as well.
I talked to Nintendo. Individual account is only good for that one individual who signs up. Family plan covers 8 people, but they can't just be added users on the console, they have to have a Nintendo id associated to it.

Which brings up my next question. All 3 of my kids are under 13 so I could sign them up on children accounts through me, but when the become of age to not qualify as a child account, they can't carry that account over to an individual Nintendo id account. I'm guessing it makes more sense for me to make them all registered accounts and just lie about their age so they always have their accounts with all of their history tied to it and invite them in the the family plan that way (I believe this is what I had to do with Xbox)? Thoughts?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Or maybe I just keep them as users on the console and just get the individual plan for me, save $15 towards those awesome controllers and they can play the retro games under my name since online play is still free for Nintendo