Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:10 am

I started my Lawn Mower Simulator career last night. The game is exactly what you think it is.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:14 am

Wait, is that on GamePass now?

Aww yeah, scheduled install via the GP app.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:12 pm

I am absolutely saddened about what Dice/EA did to the Battlefield series.

I feel like a part of my childhood was brutally murdered on the spot.

This new wave of releasing broke games and fixing them, and player skins is an absolute cancer to gaming.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:48 pm

I saw ads for Power wash simulator on black Friday... Soon there will be a simulator simulator.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:20 pm

This new wave of releasing broke games and fixing them, and player skins is an absolute cancer to gaming.
Yeah, it's something. Then they announce a major studio shakeup and expanding the Battlefield universe with a new Seattle based studio with one of the creators of Halo. Weird.

The skins are the price we pay (literally) for not having expansion packs or premium service. The holiday skins at least are free though.

So they have the guy who created Master Chief building BF universe/storylines.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:22 pm

Yeah, it's something. Then they announce a major studio shakeup and expanding the Battlefield universe with a new Seattle based studio with one of the creators of Halo. Weird.

The skins are the price we pay (literally) for not having expansion packs or premium service. The holiday skins at least are free though.

So they have the guy who created Master Chief building BF universe/storylines.
Which is hilarious because they're having season passes, so we're paying for expansion packs and a premium service, on top of having to pay for skins etc.

Yea, yea, don't buy them if you don't want them, but that doesn't stop the kiddies from buying the cool looking ones on the store. Just a shady shady practice.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:23 pm

Also that dude has a clown shooter now on his watch - hopefully they fix it, but 2042 is a trainwreck.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:41 pm

I've said it before, but the #1 thing that gets me wound up about this game is how poorly it runs. The shortage of chips and thus PC and console components means that many people can't upgrade hardware. On top of this, folks with top tier hardware struggle to play on 128 player servers.

Because of the large player count, the maps are barren and pretty bland.

Today's patch rendered my **** mouse unable to move horizontally. The fix was to nuke the settings file, which is a pain in the ass to have to go back in and adjust everything back to what it was pre-patch.

On my system, I did manage to optimize my PC bios and Windows settings, as well as adjust my GPU settings - which got me better frames. 128 player CQ is playable, but Breakthrough 128 does not run well at all. Too many players in too small an area. If I play against bots, the game runs really well...so I'm thinking the game will never be optimized at the larger player counts. Just too much server-client traffic hammering the client CPU.

Which sucks, because BF is about all I play these days.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:27 pm

I saw ads for Power wash simulator on black Friday... Soon there will be a simulator simulator.
It looked fun, tho.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:59 pm

The service, code-named Spartacus, will allow PlayStation owners to pay a monthly fee for access to a catalog of modern and classic games, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press about the plans. The offering will likely be available on the smash hit PlayStation 4, which has sold more than 116 million units, and its elusive successor, the PlayStation 5, which launched more than a year ago but is still difficult to buy due to supply chain issues.

When it launches, expected in the spring, the service will merge Sony’s two existing subscription plans, PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. Currently, PlayStation Plus is required for most online multiplayer games and offers free monthly titles, while PlayStation Now allows users to stream or download older games. Documents reviewed by Bloomberg suggest that Sony plans to retain the PlayStation Plus branding but phase out PlayStation Now.

Details on Spartacus may still not be finalized, but documentation reviewed by Bloomberg outlines a service with three tiers. The first would include existing PlayStation Plus benefits. The second would offer a large catalog of PlayStation 4 and, eventually, PlayStation 5 games. The third tier would add extended demos, game streaming and a library of classic PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games. A representative for PlayStation didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Awesome. Game Pass really is an incredible value. I never would’ve played a **** lawn morning simulator without game pass. And it also gives all the first party titles, EA Access, etc. The more options and competition, the better.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Source of the post I never would’ve played a **** lawn morning simulator without game pass.
I already uninstalled it. :lol:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Source of the post I never would’ve played a **** lawn morning simulator without game pass.
I already uninstalled it. :lol:
:lol: And that's the beauty of Game Pass.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:06 pm

New Halo multiplayer is fun.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Agreed. And it looks like they're beginning to fix the progression issues. Next up: give us an option to opt out of cross play.

I'm really excited for the campaign.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Cool news re: Spartacus.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Get everyone from 5AF to play Halo and we can play as a group. You can all kill me virtually.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Agreed. And it looks like they're beginning to fix the progression issues. Next up: give us an option to opt out of cross play.

I'm really excited for the campaign.
I'm on PC so I have no issue with cross play. Haven't played enough to see any issues with progression.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Get everyone from 5AF to play Halo and we can play as a group. You can all kill me virtually.
I'd gladly teabag you.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 am

Something is definitely up with Halo. I played a few Big Battles today, and multiple times snuck up on somebody, hit them with 5-10 rounds from a BR and a god damn grenade, and they turned around and killed me in two shots. This happened more than once.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:19 am

Something is definitely up with Halo. I played a few Big Battles today, and multiple times snuck up on somebody, hit them with 5-10 rounds from a BR and a god damn grenade, and they turned around and killed me in two shots. This happened more than once.
Git gud.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:39 am

This isn’t a me thing, I was hitting the dude from 10 feet away.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 am

I was joking. Maybe that particular match had a bad connection? Sounds like lag compensation.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 pm

I’d be surprised. I need to see if there are stats on how many shots are required for a kill on each weapon. If it takes 15-20, then I see what the issue is, but a grenade and nearly a dozen shots from the BR? That should take somebody out.

Speaking of weapons, I finally got a hold of a gravity hammer, and holy **** is that a lot of fun. I’m more of a long range player, but that can do some damage.

The battle rifle is my go-to 99% of the time. And if I knew how to save video from the game, I’d show the longest snipe I’ve ever seen personally from across the damn canyon with an S7. That double zoom is amazing.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:10 pm

If you like the battle rifle, you should play ranked. That’s your starting gun.