Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:55 pm

It's a 91 on metacritic right now. 4 finished at 92, so no I guess not better.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Still pretty good. I put a ton of time into 4 during the lockdown last year. Might wait a little to pick it up but I'm always down for some fun mindless racing and earning stuff.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:00 pm

I hate the winter driving in 4.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:27 pm

Agree, but at the very least, once you've earned enough cars you can set a decent one up with a community-made winter tune and be pretty successful with it.

I got a Mosler with maxed stats and winter tires/suspension and used that for all of my speed quests in the winter because it could hold on that much better.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:34 pm

I just use my AWD Acura NSX and go crazy. :lol:

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:15 pm

Probably a long ways away, but I’m excited for this.

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:02 am

Fans have already started analyzing this and picked out a few things...

1. The "SFX" markings on the ship may be a reference to the original game's developmental title. I do love the look of the ship - it looks like a hybrid of the Tempest, Normandy, and a mass relay.

2. Two theories on the crater:
a) The most popular one is that it resembles the image of a geth, looking head-on:

b) The crater is a buried mass relay:

The latter is probably less likely, but there is lore in the story that supports the existence of dormant/undiscovered mass relays. What ultimately catapults humanity into this story's universe is the discovery that Charon was actually a mass relay encased in ice.

That said, I'm leaning more towards the former, especially because if you zoom in on path approaching the crater, there appears to be a geth body there, possibly that of Legion.

3. To further advance the theories that Shepard is coming back in some way, shape, or form...

4. The only thing that seems to definitively stick out in the squad is that one is almost certainly a Krogan, and they appear to be in reddish-tinted armor, leading to some speculation that we may see Wrex.

So we have BioWare hinting at more returning cast. So far, we have an older Liara picking up a piece of Shepard's helmet in the teaser that dropped during The 2020 Game Awards 2020, along with possible references to Legion and Wrex with this poster. Since this will tie the original trilogy and Andromeda together, there's speculation that this may take place some 600+ years post-ME3. If that's the case, all three would still exist within the lore and continuity of the story.

I know Andromeda was justifiably panned by critics, but I'm really looking forward to how they execute the tie-in to both games because there are some potentially great ways to link those stories. BioWare brought back a number of developers and writers from the original trilogy, so that's even more encouraging to me. While they are taking their time, but I really can't wait for this. I doubt it will happen, but I'm hoping they drop a little bit more about this at the 2021 Game Awards in December.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:15 am

Fans have already started analyzing this and picked out a few things...

1. The "SFX" markings on the ship may be a reference to the original game's developmental title. I do love the look of the ship - it looks like a hybrid of the Tempest, Normandy, and a mass relay.

2. Two theories on the crater:
a) The most popular one is that it resembles the image of a geth, looking head-on:

b) The crater is a buried mass relay:

The latter is probably less likely, but there is lore in the story that supports the existence of dormant/undiscovered mass relays. What ultimately catapults humanity into this story's universe is the discovery that Charon was actually a mass relay encased in ice.

That said, I'm leaning more towards the former, especially because if you zoom in on path approaching the crater, there appears to be a geth body there, possibly that of Legion.

3. To further advance the theories that Shepard is coming back in some way, shape, or form...

4. The only thing that seems to definitively stick out in the squad is that one is almost certainly a Krogan, and they appear to be in reddish-tinted armor, leading to some speculation that we may see Wrex.

So we have BioWare hinting at more returning cast. So far, we have an older Liara picking up a piece of Shepard's helmet in the teaser that dropped during The 2020 Game Awards 2020, along with possible references to Legion and Wrex with this poster. Since this will tie the original trilogy and Andromeda together, there's speculation that this may take place some 600+ years post-ME3. If that's the case, all three would still exist within the lore and continuity of the story.

I know Andromeda was justifiably panned by critics, but I'm really looking forward to how they execute the tie-in to both games because there are some potentially great ways to link those stories. BioWare brought back a number of developers and writers from the original trilogy, so that's even more encouraging to me. While they are taking their time, but I really can't wait for this. I doubt it will happen, but I'm hoping they drop a little bit more about this at the 2021 Game Awards in December.
I did exactly what everyone else did when that was posted, and zoomed in on the entire photo looking for clues. I agree that the Krogan certainly feels like it could be Wrex, and I've heard people say that the one character could possibly be wearing an Andromeda helmet, but that opinion was pretty divided. I assume you saw the same Reddit thread, too - lots of stuff in there. At the end of the day, if Shepard is not in this one, I'm honestly going to be massively disappointed. Massively. Hell, I think I'd feel the same way if Garrus doesn't make an appearance.

I enjoyed Andromeda, and actually finished that game before touching ME, and would love to see them tie the two together. I'm currently on my second playthrough of ME:LE, and will probably just continue this cycle until this new game is released.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:40 am

That’s awesome news. Favorite video game series and it’s not even close.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 am

Source of the post Favorite video game series and it’s not even close.
Couldn't agree more. I don't even know how to explain ME3. By that time, I basically felt like the entire group was one big family. The music, too... oh man. So good. "Leaving Earth" is nothing short of perfection.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Absolutely. They did such a great job developing most of the characters (who tf cares about Zaeed?) that the relationships were more important than the story. I loved the “party” mission before kicking off the final battles in ME3. I think those characters and relationships are a big part of what Andromeda was lacking, but at the same time I’m wondering how they pull this off. Plenty of characters species live long enough to be alive however many year in the future this is set, but will that be enough? How are they going to standardize the results of three very different endings? That was part of why they left the galaxy for Andromeda in the first place. I don’t think Mass Effect is the same without Shepherd, but how the hell do you bring him back without minimizing the sacrifice of the character and reconciling character choices and ending choices? It’s a lot to deal with.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:34 pm

I have never played nor desired to play an Mass Effect.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Shut up clown

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:17 pm

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:42 pm

MSFS uninstalled to make room for Forza Horizon 5, which is absolutely stunning.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am

I have EA Play Pro, so I have early access to BF 2042.

It's very early, as I've only played an hour or so, but it runs well on my older PC (R5 2600 and 5700XT). I've only played a couple of the 128 player servers though.

First launch of the game and they make you play a brief conquest round against bots, as a tutorial. Very nice touch, although I've been playing CQ since 2003 - but they are actively trying to onboard new players.

I am very interested in Portal - basically classic BF maps, weapons, vehicles, soldiers - from the older titles, but remastered in the current Frostbite engine. Probably my favorite BF experience is BF3 Noshahr Canals team deathmatch, which can be recreated in this mode. I played a strange version with Bad Company 2 weapons and a ridiculously low number of tickets, but once people figure out the Portal editor, better servers will be created.

The main game was a bit underwhelming, at least through two rounds of conquest. Giant maps, running around (for. ever.) only to get clapped by a tank across the map. I want to see my FPS performance on some of the crazier maps, as I played a couple of wide-open maps with not a lot of players/vehicles close to me.

The bugs have been scarce for me. One server (a DICE-created Portal instance) wouldn't allow me to customize weapons, although I was able to do that on another server.

I haven't figured out cross play yet, but I'm G3neral_Tso on Origin fwiw.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:44 am

Source of the post G3neral_Tso
:lol:

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:10 am

The Guardians of the Galaxy game is very good. Single player no online stuff...which is my wheelhouse. They set out to make a very good single player game and they nailed it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 am

Source of the post The main game was a bit underwhelming, at least through two rounds of conquest. Giant maps, running around (for. ever.) only to get clapped by a tank across the map.
That was my experience with the beta.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Source of the post G3neral_Tso
:lol:
Yeah, it was an inside joke with a bunch of friends I used to play Medal of Honor with. Who would win in a fight, Colonel Sanders or General Tso? Plus, I love General Tso's chicken...lol

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:16 pm

Source of the post Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sandurz

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 am

Rumor has it Halo Infinite’s multiplayer will surprise drop on Monday, with the rest of the game coming Dec 8th. I hope so. COD Vanguard is trash right now.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:30 am

Oh also I downloaded the San Andreas remaster and it looks absolutely horrible. It’s weird to go back to an old GTA. Everything feels slow and clunky. It’ll be deleted to make room for Halo.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 am

I bought FH5 last night. Part of me wanted to wait, but I waited til lockdown last year to buy 4 and missed out on the seasonal progression stuff that I'm interested in doing as it happens.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Oh also I downloaded the San Andreas remaster and it looks absolutely horrible. It’s weird to go back to an old GTA. Everything feels slow and clunky. It’ll be deleted to make room for Halo.