Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:07 am

So, Stardew Valley is a lot of fun.
are you still playing? I took a little bit off, but started up a couple days ago. I'm about halfway through fall and just got to the bottom of the mine. I've been farming for ores and building sprinklers and just got my keg recipe. I'm hoping the money starts rolling in after this season so I can take winter and clear out a good layout for next year. Once you start playing, this game is terribly addicting.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:34 pm

I'm not looking forward to hardcore mode...
Just watched the last bit of the game...holy ****

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am

EA/Respawn is announcing a Titanfall battle royale game in a few minutes. Free to play, but no Titans...just pilots. It's called Apex Legends.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am

So then it's really not Titanfall lol.

CBear3

Video Games

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

EA/Respawn is announcing a Titanfall battle royale game in a few minutes. Free to play, but no Titans...just pilots. It's called Apex Legends.
That sounds like a perfect racing game.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 am

Free to play BR? I'll try it out. PUBG's new release featuring the snow map brought back a whole bunch of issues from the beta era such as buildings not loading on landing and literally falling through the map while driving a vehicle. It's a shame that there are so many bugs because it really is the most intense game I've ever played.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Downloading now. Watching a stream and it looks pretty cool. Looks like no fall damage. There are different characters that have unique abilities. Worth a shot.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Downloading now. Watching a stream and it looks pretty cool. Looks like no fall damage. There are different characters that have unique abilities. Worth a shot.
Lost me at “characters with unique abilities.” PUBG remains the only option for a realistic BR.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Did you not like the COD BR?

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:47 pm

EA will **** this up somehow.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Looks like there are microtransactions (surprise) to be able to buy different skins. Not sure whether those skins provide any type of bonus or not.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:50 pm

The characters have different abilities, can be purchased or earned through gameplay.

Also, there's a huge Steam sale right now FYI...

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 am

Did you not like the COD BR?
No but damn if I didn’t try to like it. The shooting mechanic is classic COD. It basically felt like multiplayer COD but with BR rules. On top of that, they could never get the armor right. It was either ridiculously overpowered which made TTK too long or you died in two hits even though you had level 2 armor. The map is too small and became receptive very quickly. And the aim assist gave it a more arcadey feel. I also didn’t like the perks. In the final circles, if you didn’t happen upon a solid perk you were at a severe disadvantage.

The stakes never felt very high. Even when I would get a win, it was just kind of “meh nice. Next game.” I’ve played over 400 hours of PUBG and my heart rate still goes way up in a top 10 situation. My hands shake after a win or a close 2nd. I never got close to that in Blackout.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 am

The gameplay of PUBG always looked bad to me when I saw it. Too much rubber banding, glitches, etc. for me to be interested. Fortnite was always a more stable game but they've run it into the ground with planes and at times the limited events with the zombies.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:18 am

It depends on which PUBG build you were looking at. The one BEFORE the most recent map update was excellent. No real glitches, no lag. It was perfect. The snow map brought back all of that nonsense but I'm assuming it'll be fixed soon. The problem is that people like you see the glitches and immediately want nothing to do with it, and rightfully so. On top of that, it's a really steep learning curve. New players are not just going to be able to pick it up and dominate. Not only aiming, which takes some practice since there's no aim assist, but the controls are tough, the amount of controls is insane, and the strategies aren't necessarily the same as Fortnite or Blackout.

I think you'd dig it though. It's far more rewarding than those games and the bugs aren't REALLY as bad as they seem. I've played 400+ hours and I can count the amount of times I've died due to bugs on one hand. And most of those happened in the very early beta stage.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Apex is an absolute blast. nocera, you'd hate it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:13 am

Apex is an absolute blast. nocera, you'd hate it.
:lol: played four games tonight and you’re absolutely right. I felt like I was playing Overwatch.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:06 am

I haven't played overwatch but I've seen enough gameplay that I know what you mean. The controls on Apex take a little time to get used to but I think it is fun. Helps that it is f2p and any money you want to spend is purely cosmetic. I've been loving the Bloodhound character.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Video Games

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:11 am

Parent Question:

What is Five Nights at Freddy's?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 am

With all the kids you have, dodint's worst nightmare...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:26 am

From wiki:
The first three games involve the player working as a nighttime security guard: they must utilize several tools, most notably checking security cameras, to survive against animatronic characters, which become mobile and homicidal after hours. The fourth game, which uses different gameplay mechanics from its predecessors, takes place in the house of a child who must defend against nightmarish versions of the animatronics by closing doors and fleeing on foot.
Doesn't sound all that kid friendly...

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 am

Parent Question:

What is Five Nights at Freddy's?
This game is legit terrifying. It is a very simple premise and the graphics are hardly cutting-edge, but it is definitely nightmare fuel just from a tension/jump-scare perspective.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Video Games

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks for the heads up. My 8 year old was playing it on his tablet this morning when I left.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 am

I haven't played overwatch but I've seen enough gameplay that I know what you mean. The controls on Apex take a little time to get used to but I think it is fun. Helps that it is f2p and any money you want to spend is purely cosmetic. I've been loving the Bloodhound character.
I will say that the ping system is fantastic. I don't often play with randoms in PUBG because most refuse to use a mic so communicating is basically impossible. With the Apex ping system, you can communicate damn near everything without ever having to speak. Pretty cool and I wouldn't be surprised if all future BR games adopt it.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 am

I will say that the ping system is fantastic. I don't often play with randoms in PUBG because most refuse to use a mic so communicating is basically impossible. With the Apex ping system, you can communicate damn near everything without ever having to speak. Pretty cool and I wouldn't be surprised if all future BR games adopt it.
There's a special place on mikey's wheel for these kinds of people. The ping system is great and I need to get more used to using it. Better than saying this item is here, then the teammates respond where is here?