Postby willeyeam » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:52 pm

I know at first I was like you gotta be shtting me

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm

SSX 3 coming to XBone BC April 17th...along with a bunch more OG Xbox games. Yesssssssssssssss!
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/ ... il-update/

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Famed high-score gamer Billy Mitchell, best known for his leading role in “The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters” documentary, was officially stripped of his “Donkey Kong” and other video game high scores and banned from submitting scores to the world’s largest tracker of video game world records following a decision that he cheated, Twin Galaxies announced today.

“With this ruling Twin Galaxies can no longer recognize Billy Mitchell as the first million point ‘Donkey Kong’ record holder,” the group wrote in its announcement. “According to our findings, Steve Wiebe would be the official 1st million point record holder.”

Variety has reached out to Mitchell and Wiebe for comment and Guinness to see if his record there will stand.

The decision comes after months of research by the administrators of Twin Galaxies, which tracks world gaming records and helps the Guinness Book of World records validate gaming scores, according to a statement released by the group Thursday morning.
http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/kin ... 202751358/

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am

The developers of Elite Dangerous gave out some clues to find the New Horizons probe. That was the probe launched in 2006 that gave us those high rez pluto pix

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:43 am

Far Cry 5 does not live up to the billing. The interface is uniformly better than any prior version of the game, and it would be neat if they could somehow push an update to FC4 that includes things like the new crafting mechanic. But the story - while really interesting in concept - just doesn't deliver. Literally the most interesting thing any of the characters has done was the three or four times Faith Seed spawned on a steep hill above me and I could see up her dress.

The writing is lazy. Instead of being shocking, each character's reveal at what turned them to The Path feels contrived. You have a survivor of serious child abuse; a cannibal; a drug addict; a person who murdered their infant child. In previous games, cutting a 10 in sq patch of someone's skin off their chest and stapling it to the wall would reasonably be expected to elicit at least a bemused 'huh'. But here, it's just hold-the-circle-button-to-skip-the-cut-scene fodder.

Also, these 'capture party' missions can suck it. It completely defeats the purpose of a sandbox game, and renders everything about the story utterly meaningless. "Hey, Deputy Rook Guy, we're just gonna let you run around killing our followers at will... but only until you score x resistance points! Once you get to that level, we're gonna get you, and there's **** all you can do about it. You can fast travel to a different region and delay things, sure. But the moment you come back....... I don't care if you're in the middle of the lake and can't actually see any of us, or if you're flying a helicopter, or if you're cruising over Hope County in your wingsuit....... *doink* Bliss Bullet! And then we're gonna force some exposition on your lame ass. Never mind that this plot device renders every single action you undertake in the game to be irrelevant; the inevitable question is if we can come physically collect you at will, why we don't just do that the instant you step off of Dutch's island. But never mind that now."

I've been in the middle of trying to complete side missions, had a stupid mandatory Capture Party mission happen, the character for whom I was doing the side mission was killed in the Capture Party thing, and then afterwards I could no longer complete the side mission I was working on.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Famed high-score gamer Billy Mitchell, best known for his leading role in “The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters” documentary, was officially stripped of his “Donkey Kong” and other video game high scores and banned from submitting scores to the world’s largest tracker of video game world records following a decision that he cheated, Twin Galaxies announced today.

“With this ruling Twin Galaxies can no longer recognize Billy Mitchell as the first million point ‘Donkey Kong’ record holder,” the group wrote in its announcement. “According to our findings, Steve Wiebe would be the official 1st million point record holder.”

Variety has reached out to Mitchell and Wiebe for comment and Guinness to see if his record there will stand.

The decision comes after months of research by the administrators of Twin Galaxies, which tracks world gaming records and helps the Guinness Book of World records validate gaming scores, according to a statement released by the group Thursday morning.
Woah. That movie needs a sequel with all the craziness that’s been going on.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Woah. That movie needs a sequel with all the craziness that’s been going on.
My thoughts too, but I'm not sure if Billy will be so keen to go along with another one...

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm

NHL 18 is now in the EA Access vault.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am

Beat the original Final Fantasy last night. First time in like 25 years. Onto Final Fantasy II (on Super NES; which was FF III in Japan).

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:03 am

was playing fortnite squads last night with two pre-pubescent kids. one of the cats got knocked down several times and he started kvetching about people to revive him in the middle of heated firefights. i got him 3 times. we were down to the final 12, i got knocked down saving his ass in a 3v3 that our squad ended up winning. he let me die because he thought i had a gold scar, which i didnt, so he could steal it. i dont have a mic but luckily he did and we were blessed to get an inside look in to his musings. i died. needless to say he was disappointed with himself that i didn't have a gold scar. thought that was pretty messed up.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 am

lol

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 am

The end of this is perfect and relates to LITT's story.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 pm

#TeamBilly

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Before I clicked on that I said to myself, why is making a YouTube video in a hoodie.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Before I clicked on that I said to myself, why is making a YouTube video in a hoodie.
:thumb:

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 am

For the first time ever, after 30 years of playing on and off, I beat the original Castlevania last night. Thank you thank you.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:21 am

For the first time ever, after 30 years of playing on and off, I beat the original Castlevania last night. Thank you thank you.
:fist: proud of you

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:39 am

Truly the greatest accomplishment anyone here at 5AF could expect from the NANman. Congrats.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you guys for your support.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 am

good job @nan

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 am

Maybe you can start on that Mario Bros. series.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm

So proud of you @NAN

How about Ninja Gaiden?

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:43 pm

So proud of you @NAN

How about Ninja Gaiden?
I've beaten Ninja Gaiden a LONG time ago. Beat NG 2 as well. never 3.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I honestly might purchase a PS4 just to play the new God of War. It looks fantastic. If you do own a PS4 and you aren't playing it, shame, much shame.