Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 am

Not sure how I missed this but Nintendo actually got their heads out of their asses and decided to release additional classic tracks for Mario Kart 8 as dlc.

The "booster pass" is $25 and ultimately gets you 48 new tracks, released in 6 packs of 8 through next year. Doubles the tracks in the game.

Full list is here: https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/mar ... -18th-2022

Apparently the first pack came out back in March and the second releases tomorrow.

Really glad to see Coconut Mall was in the first pack... That was our favorite track in the Wii version and it was sorely missed.

This seems like such an obvious thing, but Nintendo doesn't exactly always do the things that make sense.
Still play this a lot. Love the new tracks. I think if you have online service, you may get these tracks included?

New Labyrinth movie course came out for walkabout mini golf on VR. Probably my favorite course now, they did an excellent job with it.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:53 am

That's a great set up my dude.

Agree with NAN, Level 7 was a dodint. The goal of that game for me was to always save as many P-Wings as possible for Level 8.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:40 pm

I took a look at some of the original NES games I don't have for my collection last night as I haven't looked in like a year or 2 because the prices were ridiculous. Thought maybe some prices stayed the same or maybe they came down a little as the focus now seems to be 30 somethings hitting their nostalgic peak with playstation, etc.

Boy was I wrong. Prices have never been higher. Some of the games I looked at were Little Sampson, Chip N Dale 2, Panic Restaurant, Flinstones Dinasour Peak. Last I looked, they were all around $250-300 (minus Little Sampson). Now they are approaching $500-1,000.

Three of the higher priced games I own off the top of my head that I looked were Cowboy Kid, Ducktales 2, and Fire N Ice. They jumped as well, especially Cowboy Kid.

I have like 620 out of the 775 or so games for the NES. I realistically could probably get 30 or 40 more before the remainders are out of my price range.

I do have all 296 N64 games though, including Clay Fighters Sculpter Cut!

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Retro game pricing right now is insane no matter what system. Eventually things will come back down, but the last 2 years or so it's really went through the roof.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Can I come over and play some time?

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:49 pm

I really need to go through my crates and start putting this stuff up for sale. I'm keeping the stuff I actually play (Atari, NES, SNES, etc.) but I collected for a while and have a bunch of stuff like a NIB SNES that will never get used or displayed.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:51 pm

Are people really nostalgic and buying up 32-bit era stuff? The majority of PS1 games really don't hold up.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:51 pm

Yeah, found my old post from January where I said the same thing. :lol:

I haven't opened the crates in years and don't have a list handy but from memory...

We'll keep the Atari 7800, NES, an SNES, PS3, and PS4 for sure.

Coleco
-Adam Computer

Magnavox
-Odyssey 300
-Odyssey 2 with a bunch of games.

Nintendo
-NIB Super Nintendo system
-PowerGlove, but I think the sensor bars are gone.

Playstation
-Playstation 2, I think I have one still. Bunch of games in their cases.

RadioShack
-Some 1970s lightgun game, looks like a revolver.
-A Pong clone of some sort.

Sega
-Sega Master System with a handful of games, it's missing a cable I think.
-Sega Game Gear with games, TV adapter, radio adapter.
-Sega Genesis with games, some in boxes but mostly loose
-Sega Saturn with games
-Sega Dreamcast with games, though this breaks my heart to think about.

There's a bunch of other stuff in there I'm sure. I haven't gone through it in about 10 years. The only thing I've actively tried to sell is the Adam.
I used to have all the games listed on IGN but they did away with that feature years ago so I lost it. I will probably sell everything in lots anyway.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:51 pm

Source of the post I collected for a while and have a bunch of stuff like a NIB SNES that will never get used or displayed.
How much?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:52 pm

Talk to me if you want to get rid of sega Dreamcast with Jedi power battles

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Are people really nostalgic and buying up 32-bit era stuff? The majority of PS1 games really don't hold up.
Not really. When I say retro I mean stuff like NES/SNES/Genesis and N64 . PS1 stuff is still fairly cheap I think at least compared to most other games.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Not really. When I say retro I mean stuff like NES/SNES/Genesis and N64 . PS1 stuff is still fairly cheap I think at least compared to most other games.
I wonder how much that has to do with those games not holding up versus how easy PS1s are to mod?

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Not sure about prices for anything. I'd likely eBay most of it just so I don't have to haggle with people. But I'm looking to de-clutter and get this stuff to people that will actually enjoy it, so as I do this I'll mention it here if anyone wants to make a first offer.

I have lots of Dreamcast stuff but can almost guarantee there are no Star Wars related items for any of these consoles. :lol:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:57 pm

No 5AF discounts? Pfft.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:59 pm

I'd probably want most of the stuff you have @dodint but I have no real place to put it haha. I'd def be interested in the power glove though even without sensors. I had one as a kid, and it was a piece of crap, but I'd love to have one just to put on a shelf somewhere.

If you have any idea of the games you have I'd be interested to kind of see what you got and make an offer on some in a lot as far as NES/SNES/Genesis etc.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:01 pm

That's what I meant by the first offer. If I can unload it to someone here without doing the eBay thing then that's great. There would be a favorable friends and family discount for that. So long as its a reasonable offer.

I need to do some market research and figure out what's reasonable. Back when I was collecting eBay was around but it wasn't widespread, so it wasn't unheard of to walk into a thrift store and spend $20 for a working NES w/games. Those days are gone. :lol:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:02 pm

In similar news, The Exchange can go **** itself. They severely overprice everything.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:07 pm

In similar news, The Exchange can go **** itself. They severely overprice everything.
They do. I still go in there from time to time to buy a few things even at a markup because I enjoy shooting the **** with them in general and they also have vinyl and other random nostalgia things at a decent price. The contra and megaman x posters in the pictures I posted were like 8$ a piece there.

Ebay is the easiest way to find a deal, but you gotta get lucky. I go to the exchange when I want something right away and don't mind paying a markup. Sometimes I just want something that day and not have to wait for it.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:18 pm

There used to be a time where I would visit the Exchange daily, buying $2-5 DVDs and building a big collection on my server, then selling them back.

Somewhere in there, they jacked prices - and I haven't stepped foot in the door for at least 5-10 years.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:20 pm

I would pay the higher price if I knew they verified every game. That's one of the risks you run with eBay. Not only if it works but if it's even legit.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:22 pm

There's a chain called 2nd and Charles that does a lot of vintage video games (and books, comics, pop culture stuff) that we've had good luck with buying (and selling) old 3DS games. They have one in Harrisburg, and a few for our NC posters. They would take my Disney Infinity characters for a trade though...

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:35 pm

The Exchange used to have Atari games dirt cheap. Not sure if they have since marked them up post-COVID or if they're still cheap and their thought is "don't really care. Just get em out." But a lot of the stuff they did have were common games that probably weren't worth more than a dollar or two. Probably not much of a market for Combat, Pac-Man (which I will go to my grave as saying it was the worst 2600 game), and ET.

@dodint if you're interested in getting rid of the Odyssey stuff, let me know. Never had one but always wondered what the system was like.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Source of the post Pac-Man (which I will go to my grave as saying it was the worst 2600 game)
Ever play ET?

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:37 pm

I would pay the higher price if I knew they verified every game. That's one of the risks you run with eBay. Not only if it works but if it's even legit.
No matter where I buy from I always use isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs on the cartridges I get secondhand for a quick clean.

After that use a special type of eraser...brasso is the last resort but usually alcohol and cotton swabs do the trick.

Repros are pretty easy to pick out these days but without seeing the board can't be 100%.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:38 pm

That's definitely a risk. Fortunately the vast majority of the games I own I got in the late 1990s and early to mid 2000s before all of the collection stuff took off. I got a ton for free from people looking to unload or got some huge lots off of ebay. I think that is where I got my Ducktales 2 and Cowboy Kid to be honest. I think I dropped like $30 for a 25 game lot and they happened to be in there. Now if you go by ebay pricing, those 2 games combined are like $800.

I do wonder how many of my games are reproductions/fake. I'm sure there are a few snuck in there, but like I said, I got most of my stuff from before things took off, so I don't think there were a lot of fakes back then.

Same thoughts on the Exchange, overpriced, but like skullman said, if I want something right away, or with where I'm at in collecting, it's hard now to find something I don't have, I will pay the markup.

dodint, if you get a NES game list, message me with it. I'd like to see if there is any I need.