Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 pm

I understand why, but I'm having a hard time sympathizing.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:13 pm

It was more the sort of reckless manner EA implemented it. It was something that was already on the radar of government regulators all over the world, but the BFII thing put it through the roof; it's really difficult to figure how their in-house team evaluated the mechanic and arrived at "Nope, this is not pay-to-win or gambling."

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 pm

For anyone looking to fill an Elder Scrolls void, Elder Scrolls Online is kinda close to feeling like a proper ES game. I've mostly been playing in the Summerset Isles, so I haven't explored much, but I'm really enjoying the quests attached too it. All the side quests in the region tie into an overall plot.

I've explored some of Morrowind -- haven't played ES Morrowind so this is all fairly new to me. Needless to say everything is at a much greater scale. There are weird bug creatures, mushrooms, and wiggling flora everywhere. It's really alien compared what we've been getting in Oblivion and Skyrim, and I love it.

Oddly enough, the fact that it's a mmo kinda hurts in a way. You can't loot stuff on the scale of a regular ES, and there are a bunch of features blocked by real-world purchases. For example, your storage space is really low, if you purchase a premium sub, you get a "craft bag" that lets you keep all your crafting material in an unlimited capacity, freeing up space. A bunch of quality of life stuff is locked behind paywalls.

Other than that, I'm having a good time with it. Really looking forward to visiting places like the Black Marsh and Hammerfell.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

I have it for PS4, but can never seem to get into it. Too many people running around, I think.

There's been some speculation that Bethesda will be revealing a new IP at E3. Rumored to be called "Starfield".

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Seeing lots of ads for Far Cry 5... can't wait. I've only ever played Far Cry 4, but I enjoyed that immensely. Primal never intrigued me, and eventually I'll go back and give 3 a shot. 5 looks awesome.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Far Cry 4 was by some measure the best game in the series. They basically took all the lessons from FC3* and applied them properly. I'd still recommend FC3, but there it does have some.... issues.

I was really impressed by 4. One of the few shooters I've played through the campaign more than twice; it's just a fun ride.

Like don't create a super charismatic villain, and have the hero kill him off in a drug-induced hallucination ten hours of gameplay before the end of the story.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:38 pm

About 10 hours into the original final fantasy. Haven't played in like 20 or more years. Bringing back some memories.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Apparently a Modern Warfare 2 Remaster is on the way. But it’s not being developed by Raven and it will not include multiplayer. The ****?

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:34 pm

I always consider replaying FC4 some day just because I loved the setting and want to roam around in it.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Just picked up Hitman. Heard good things.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Apparently a Modern Warfare 2 Remaster is on the way. But it’s not being developed by Raven and it will not include multiplayer. The ****?
My buddy said they'd screw it up months ago when the rumors first emerged. I agreed but to not make multiplayer available? What in the heck?

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Both GTA V and Kerbal Space Program received updates recently, and I can't play either of them the way I want to until the mods I use are updated. :(

#firstworldproblems

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 am

i have an extra invite code for fortnite ios. if you are interested lemme know n at

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 am

i have an extra invite code for fortnite ios. if you are interested lemme know n at
Sure I will try it thank you and God bless

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 am

Yea I'm interested. Sad that I can't try it.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 am

I got PUBG for the iPad last night (and got it for my Droid Turbo initially). It’s a lot of fun, and don’t have to worry about jabronis spaz building crap while you’re shooting them lol. I like the gunplay better, and the equipping system is much more streamlined than the PC game (apparently). If you pick up an attachment, it automatically equips it if you have the right weapon. It also auto-swaps inferior weapons for better ones etc.

My first game went like this: parachuted in, looted a very well-stocked house. Went outside to see a car there. As I got in the car, I started get shot at, so I drove off and ran the guy over. Very satisfying. :lol: Then in true PUBG fashion, the game lagged out and disconnected.

Evidently, there are a lot of AI bots playing right now...as in my second game, I had a dune buggy and ran over 9 people, 8 of whom stood absolutely still for me while I lined them up. :lol: I’ll take it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am

I got PUBG for the iPad last night (and got it for my Droid Turbo initially). It’s a lot of fun, and don’t have to worry about jabronis spaz building crap while you’re shooting them lol. I like the gunplay better, and the equipping system is much more streamlined than the PC game (apparently). If you pick up an attachment, it automatically equips it if you have the right weapon. It also auto-swaps inferior weapons for better ones etc.

My first game went like this: parachuted in, looted a very well-stocked house. Went outside to see a car there. As I got in the car, I started get shot at, so I drove off and ran the guy over. Very satisfying. :lol: Then in true PUBG fashion, the game lagged out and disconnected.

Evidently, there are a lot of AI bots playing right now...as in my second game, I had a dune buggy and ran over 9 people, 8 of whom stood absolutely still for me while I lined them up. :lol: I’ll take it.
I have three chicken dinners on mobile already. The first game was 100% bots. Even my final kill the “player” was standing still in an open field shooting. The second and third game I would say 80% of the players I encountered were bots. The final kills I believe were human players as they were both prone and actually trying to win. It’s a fun mobile game but not nearly as challenging or rewarding as the console version.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:42 am

Headline is all you need....

"Far Cry 5 Includes Mission to Steal Trump Pee Tape"

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 pm

I just connected a keyboard and mouse to my PS4 for fortnite. Works nearly flawlessly. Just can't see a cursor, so I have to use the DS4 to select something.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

I just connected a keyboard and mouse to my PS4 for fortnite. Works nearly flawlessly. Just can't see a cursor, so I have to use the DS4 to select something.
So you’re cheating now?

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Yes. I still don't play any better than I do with controller, but yes, I'm cheating. :lol:

But if Epic enables keyboard and mouse without any kind of third party adapter, is it cheating?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:02 pm

:lol: I’m fine with it if there were separate lobbies for controller & keyboard & mouse players.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 am

I wouldn't say it's cheating. Are you able to rebind any different buttons for building?

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 am

I wouldn't say it's cheating. Are you able to rebind any different buttons for building?
Yes, the exact same PC input config screen is available, so anything can be remapped.

I got absolutely owned on the PS4 using the keyboard/mouse, like it put me in with higher skill PS4 players. Or maybe it was the native input lag with the big TV, or they added input lag to keep it fair with controller users. I wish I could play FPS with a controller, but I just don’t have the hours in on it to check. My son, who is as good with a controller as he is on PC with keyboard and mouse, had issues with the keyboard/mouse setup on PS4 however.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 am

Yes, the exact same PC input config screen is available, so anything can be remapped.

I got absolutely owned on the PS4 using the keyboard/mouse, like it put me in with higher skill PS4 players. Or maybe it was the native input lag with the big TV, or they added input lag to keep it fair with controller users. I wish I could play FPS with a controller, but I just don’t have the hours in on it to check. My son, who is as good with a controller as he is on PC with keyboard and mouse, had issues with the keyboard/mouse setup on PS4 however.
Interesting, I'm surprised it would let you rebind. It might be a delay in converting the keyboard input for PS4? I use the elite controller on Xbox so I've been able to rebind a few of the inputs. I'm able to crouch, jump, and pick up/open with out inhibiting my aim which is huge.