Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:50 am

Yes I do prefer pubg over fortnight also. I discovered there is an undocumented reconnect feature on the Xbox. My game glitches out so I went to the home screen, quit the game and restarted. It showed a “reconnecting to server” wheel and I was back. I’ve come across other players who were frozen in the game and they were easy kills :thumb:
Yup. Happened to me last night as well. Unfortunately by the time I reconnected, I was in the blue zone slowly dying.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am

I love getting lag kills in C&C Renegade. Pisses people off so much.

Not my problem that you have a shitty connection.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:00 am

Xbox one games in my queue currently:
Rocket league
Playerunknown Battlegrounds
GTA V (bought this when it came out for the PS3, but I bought it again.)
Wolfenstein: new order(bought this and the old blood for $15)
Elite Dangerous (another winter sale game)

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

I have both as well, I don't like Fortnight because it's not as "realistic." I love the battleground type stuff that Arma did long before PubG.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

Well, this is surprising...
Within 10 months, #NintendoSwitch has become the fastest-selling video game system of all time in the US!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 5284283393

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 am

You think? Gaming is as popular as it's ever been - more people exist in now than any other time, etc.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

You think? Gaming is as popular as it's ever been - more people exist in now than any other time, etc.
Yes, it's surprising that it's the Switch after Nintendo fell on its face with Wii U.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 am

I personally don't get the appeal of the switch, but they at least seemed to learn from some of the mistakes of the Wii U. They do have better 3rd party support now too even if the ports are dumbed down a bit. I think that helps alot, plus Zelda/Mario factor etc. They have a dedicated built in fanbase.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

I think that it's a home console and a handheld all in one is appealing to both of those bases. It's pretty f'ing cool. Nintendo got that one right.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 am

Wii U sold 13.94 million units in 5 years. Switch has already sold 10 million in 10 months - and that number is as of Dec 12, so it may not take into account much of the Christmas sales. That's well beyond their dedicated built-in fanbase. That's a pretty incredible number.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Wii U sold 13.94 million units in 5 years. Switch has already sold 10 million in 10 months - and that number is as of Dec 12, so it may not take into account much of the Christmas sales. That's well beyond their dedicated built-in fanbase. That's a pretty incredible number.
How many DSs have been sold as well, because the switch pretty much replaces those as well. Again, it's also a true handheld unlike the Wii U where you had to be like 10 feet within the WiiU console to play on the gamepad.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

One more note on the Switch, I didn't pay much attention until I played my nephews with him over Xmas. Didn't realize the games were a little chip.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 pm

My neighbor is always playing the switch when I drive home from work. I have no desire to buy one, but it is tempting.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

One more note on the Switch, I didn't pay much attention until I played my nephews with him over Xmas. Didn't realize the games were a little chip.
Not sure if this is urban legend, but supposedly the chips are coated with something that tastes bad so babies and pets don't eat them. Heard that from my BIL when I gave him his Switch version of Mario Kart for Christmas.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Not sure if this is urban legend, but supposedly the chips are coated with something that tastes bad so babies and pets don't eat them. Heard that from my BIL when I gave him his Switch version of Mario Kart for Christmas.
There's youtube videos of people taste-testing the chips. Based on their reactions, it seems to be true.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm

There's youtube videos of people taste-testing the chips. Based on their reactions, it seems to be true.
Of course that's a thing.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 pm

Next time I see my nephew I'll try to eat the chip.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:24 pm

How to prevent people from eating something? Make it taste bad! (Which they will only discover after already putting in their mouths)

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

I don't care for the idea of having a portable and home console in one especially if it takes away power from the home console. I have no idea if that's the case with the switch and I'm sure I would have bought it if they didn't make Zelda for the Wii U. The thing that pisses me off is that the switch doesn't appear to be all that more powerful than the Wii U and I feel like all of these games could easily be made for that still (which is great, but was marketed horribly) . With that said, I played the Mario game and I do want a switch now.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:12 pm

I don't care for the idea of having a portable and home console in one especially if it takes away power from the home console. I have no idea if that's the case with the switch and I'm sure I would have bought it if they didn't make Zelda for the Wii U. The thing that pisses me off is that the switch doesn't appear to be all that more powerful than the Wii U and I feel like all of these games could easily be made for that still (which is great, but was marketed horribly) . With that said, I played the Mario game and I do want a switch now.
I personally didn't feel that was the case. I played Mario Oddysey and Splatoon 2, along with Mario Kart 8 Delux and felt it was better than any game on the Wii U, especially the Mario Kart 8 Delux since that was a 1 for 1 game pretty much.

I don't think the handheld experience took anything away from the console experience IMO.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

I personally didn't feel that was the case. I played Mario Oddysey and Splatoon 2, along with Mario Kart 8 Delux and felt it was better than any game on the Wii U, especially the Mario Kart 8 Delux since that was a 1 for 1 game pretty much.

I don't think the handheld experience took anything away from the console experience IMO.
well that's good. I played it at walmart for 3 minutes so for it to win me over in that short of time must say something about it. I also don't like the idea of it being handheld, because I don't know that I would have been strong enough to leave it at home when Zelda came out.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm not a handheld expert. I haven't owned one since the original Gameboy, so maybe this is the norm for other handheld systems, but the Switch, the game was still HD on the handheld device, the screen was bigger and clear, and it also had motion sensors like your smartphone when racing on Mario Kart etc. It was pretty badass IMO. But again, maybe that is the norm nowadays. The last time I really played a handheld system, the screen was black and green.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy was quality.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Did @NAN taste the Switch chip?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 am

So I'm like a quarter/half way through Horizon. It's a great game.