Video Games

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm

The actress who played Iden was also Amita in Far Cry 4. On launch day, we got a flat promo piece with a sort of lenticular image of her on it where she looks like early 00's Gina Gershon, which is a very good thing to look like.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm

I already played the campaign. Overall, I liked it; it had some really cool moments, and Iden Versio wasn't a bad character. The problem was they didn't focus on her story enough. There should have been more levels with her fighting for the Imperials before Endor.

Supposedly, they are releasing more to the campaign later that ties in to the new trilogy.
I believe the DLC campaign add-ons pick up where the last level ends. I think the reason for the release around the time episode 8 comes out is to avoid spoilers.

What did the last level leave you thinking...
do you think Rey is the child of Del and Iden?
I certainly had that impression, but it wasn't concrete enough for me to be sure. I heard someone speculate that it could be a red herring

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 am

I have two questions about brand licensing in video games when the content is user generated.

Say there was a game where you did something like participate in motorsports. A key feature, some would say central feature, of the experience is to make things look pretty. Part of this is allowing users to create completely custom paint job for said racecar. Motorsports enthusiasts like to emulate real life paint jobs; my garage has a really nice Jagermeister and Marlboro paint jobs that I downloaded from other users in the game. This game is rated E for everyone.

How does the publisher deal with their title having uncleared brands available for use?
How does the publisher deal with tobacco and liquor advertising available to minors?

If anyone has any insight into this I'm quite curious. Not looking to make waves, just have a genuine curiosity.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

In regards to young kids seeing that advertising, it's likely that the game company sees downloadable skins/liveries as part of the online experience, and therefore don't police it (unless it's something really bad) due to the ESRB disclaimer that online interactions are not rated under the main game rating.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

I wish they could apply the ESRB rating to online. Maybe then I wouldn't have to hear about all the 13 year olds who **** my mom.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

It's curious to me because of the way tobacco was legislated out of motorsport, particularly F1 and Ferrari. Seeing that livery skinned to a 488 is pretty wild.

Miami Vice

Video Games

Postby Miami Vice » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 am

that also probably violates some fine print somewhere in the EULA about use of copywritten/trade marked content

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 pm

It 100% violates the EULA/TOS-UA to use trademarked and/or copyrighted content in UGC. But that doesn't stop modders. The game developer and publisher really don't have any way to control that, absent really intrusive policing that would detract from the game, and they aren't really required to take proactive measures. They are largely shielded from copyright claims by the 'safe harbor' provision of the DMCA.

The team that developed the F1 games under official license for EA for all those years went on to create their own free to play racing sims that eventually became Champ Car Challenge and rFactor. Pretty much every single one of the season or series mods was full of copyright and trademark infringement. Neither the Copyright nor the Lanham Acts provide for express punishment of contributory infringement, but pretty much every single person who downloaded those mods (*raises hand*) would be on the hook if they did. (provided it could be established you knew the works were unlicensed)

Time for a csb

There was a guy at Crapwagon.com who created a 'fantasy livery' thread for fans to create their own ideas on a Lola or Reynard or Panoz chassis. (I even did fantasy liveries when creating sponsorship proposals to give the business something tangible to look at. They were pretty awful.) Some time around 2005/6, one guy in the thread started doing photo-real 3D renders of these fantasy liveries. Word got around about the quality of his work, and he eventually was hired by several teams in the Champ Car and support series paddocks to design their actual car liveries.

http://www.aldofalla.com/

And it all started out with an exercise in IP infringement.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm

csb indeed.

Thanks for your take on the other piece.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:41 am

Master Chief collection is Halo 1 through 4
Do you know if you can download the games separately or is it one giant download?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:55 am

Master Chief collection is Halo 1 through 4
Do you know if you can download the games separately or is it one giant download?
One download

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Is cdkeys.com a reputable site to use to download keys for Xbox game?

Miami Vice

Video Games

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Is cdkeys.com a reputable site to use to download keys for Xbox game?
I bought Xbox live codes from there a few times in the last 5 years

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:12 pm

I highly recommend using PayPal to purchase from cdkeys.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:09 pm

I bought it from Microsoft store. Just me and the boy tonight and we just put in a solid 5 hour shift, it was amazing! I don't think I ever made it past halo 2 and this was like being in college all over again!

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:33 pm

A couple of rubber bands can help farm credits in BF2

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/20 ... omy-cheats

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:30 pm

On Black Friday, I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn Deluxe edition for $25. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but its managing to exceed my expectations. It's checking off almost everything I like in a game. The robot fights are actually challenging and turn into intense battles with real strategy. I get a little nervous around some enemies. I could see myself replaying this game on higher difficulties.

Horizon is reminding me of The Witcher 3 in all the right ways.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm

I am playing through Portal 2 again...what a great game. JK Simmons is outstanding.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

On Black Friday, I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn Deluxe edition for $25. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but its managing to exceed my expectations. It's checking off almost everything I like in a game. The robot fights are actually challenging and turn into intense battles with real strategy. I get a little nervous around some enemies. I could see myself replaying this game on higher difficulties.
Glad to hear it! That's sort of the response I've heard from most people that have played it. I have the game on my shelf, and have been meaning to fire it up, but just haven't gotten around to it. I feel like once I start it, my life will effectively come to a halt. lol

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

my life will effectively come to a halt. lol
Oh it will. I often spend minutes just deciding which quest to tackle because I'm too scared to fight certain enemies.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Got pubg for Xbox....one of my boys made it to #3 out of 100 on his second game. The game is a preview release...it’s an alpha and it shows. It has a fun premise; hopefully the developer improves the experience.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

I was trying to make this a gif...now exported in “720p”
Last edited by Viva la Ben on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm

*Without it being potato quality
It was captured @720p....i tried to use gfycat and it looked terrible....youtube would look better if I chose the hd upload.
NVM...I chose 540 output in my video clipper....
Last edited by Viva la Ben on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.