Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Kind of annoying that you have to go into the damger zones to actually get gear to protect you from heat and cold, but now that I have those, things are going more smoothly.

Currently in Death Mountain area... Need 4 more shrines before I can go for the Master Sword. I think there are maybe 2 left in that area I haven't hit yet.
there is a statue that will let you trade in your stamina for hearts so you have enough for the sword and then you can swap back

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Kind of annoying that you have to go into the damger zones to actually get gear to protect you from heat and cold, but now that I have those, things are going more smoothly.

Currently in Death Mountain area... Need 4 more shrines before I can go for the Master Sword. I think there are maybe 2 left in that area I haven't hit yet.
there is a statue that will let you trade in your stamina for hearts so you have enough for the sword and then you can swap back
I did run into that... It's cool though, I'm enjoying playing the shrines.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:18 pm

I did run into that... It's cool though, I'm enjoying playing the shrines.
me too, but I liked some of the shrines with the guardians a lot better with the master sword

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:20 pm

I spent months farming guardians for cores early and built up my ancient armor. Love that outfit

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:28 pm

did you build your house or tarrey town yet?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm

I didn't even know that was a thing yet. :)

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:42 pm

I didn't even know that was a thing yet. :)
pretty sure you can do that whenever. It's fun and when your house gets built or you get the deed or whatever, you can display extra weapons in there for future use.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Interesting...

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Can anyone recommend a USB NES controller for an emulator? I've heard that the D-pads can be a crapshoot in terms of responsiveness and accuracy.
do the 8bitdo work for emulators? I think those are supposed to be good.
They do work and they seem to be one of the better rated ones.

A friend of mine has a RetroLink and he said he had no complaints.

Amazon has one for $17

Walmart has one for half the price: https://www.walmart.com/ip/RetroLink-Cl ... gLYSPD_BwE

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:25 am

The Master Sword is mine. Only screwed up once in the Lost Woods... not bad. Apparently I can't count though because I ended up getting 14 hearts before I went. Not a waste though because one of the "extra" shrines nabbed me a second piece of the Barb set.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Completely demolished Fireblight Ganon. Don't think he even got a hit in. :thumb:

I had forgotten about the korok seeds expanding your inventory until recently so I spent time cleaning up the Great Plateau seeds... got a few more bow and shield slots which is real nice... I was pretty handicapped there.

Incidentally, the korok trial where you had to follow that brat to the shrine proved way more annoying than the actual trip through the Lost Woods.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 pm

Haha I just beat Fireblight tonight. Definitely the easiest of the three so far.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 pm

There are 900 Korok locations in the game. That's crazy

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:18 pm

I've been trying to get back into BF2:

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:01 pm

I started AC Odyssey finally, and got to put in about 10 hours. Best AC game yet IMO.
The dlcs are pretty damn good too. I great game but I got burnt out hard by the end of it.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Amy Hennig (best known for being the Game Director on the first three Uncharted titles) has a good observation about these big games: People have lives to live, like actual things to do. So these super-immersive 40-hour campaign games with hundreds of doo-dads to collect and achievements and whatnot are really..... like, who are they for? Over 20% of people who play video games are over 50 years old, and the average gamer age is mid-30s. She has RDR2, and has put about 15 hours into it. But that's about all the more she's able to commit to it, and that got her like 19% completion.

Granted, I'm a gamer that really does enjoy big single-player stories, and never have I ever logged on to a multi-player server from home. But her point isn't lost on me.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:03 pm

Yeah, this is one thing they went wayyyyyy overboard on. I don't hate that they exist... some of the puzzles are interesting... but they did NOT need 900 of them... it's kinda ridiculous when it starts taking 30+ seeds to open a slot... the amount of time it takes to get that many seeds can be a lot.

While I still hate the weapons system, I am enjoying the game otherwise quite a bit. I FINALLY decided to get the 3rd divine beast last night after a long break of just hunting shrines, seeds, and various side quests.

I've been focusing on stamina since getting the MS... I think I'm 8 shrines from max stamina now. Up to 16 hearts after the divine beast.

One thing that I REALLY wish they had was the ability to auto-equip a set... would be a great QoL update.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:29 am

Yeah, this is one thing they went wayyyyyy overboard on. I don't hate that they exist... some of the puzzles are interesting... but they did NOT need 900 of them... it's kinda ridiculous when it starts taking 30+ seeds to open a slot... the amount of time it takes to get that many seeds can be a lot.

While I still hate the weapons system, I am enjoying the game otherwise quite a bit. I FINALLY decided to get the 3rd divine beast last night after a long break of just hunting shrines, seeds, and various side quests.

I've been focusing on stamina since getting the MS... I think I'm 8 shrines from max stamina now. Up to 16 hearts after the divine beast.

One thing that I REALLY wish they had was the ability to auto-equip a set... would be a great QoL update.
Have you discovered the snow bowling trick to fill your wallet?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:55 am

Speak. Immediately.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:59 am

Speak. Immediately.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:01 am

goto 5:00 here

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:12 am

I've been trying to get back into BF2:

BF2 is probably the game I've spent most of my time with over the last year, and it's been enjoyable watching this game improve as they've rolled out more features. I've played many of the same maps over and over on Galactic Assault and Supremacy, and it's somehow never felt very repetitive to me.

I can't wait for this update. Moving Supremacy into the original trilogy/Age of Rebellion era should be fun. I thought the Rogue One/Scarif add-on was one of the better ones of the 2015 Battlefront release, so I can't wait to see how that will look in the new game.

I'm holding out hope that they'll eventually add something Death Star-related to the Starfighter Assault maps.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:14 am

goto 5:00 here

Excellent. Thanks. I didn't even know that was there.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 am

anyone play The Flame and the Flood? Looks like a pretty fun indie survival game. It's $4 on nintendo eshop.

@the wicked child how is the bowling going?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:14 am

I didn't get to spend a lot of time on it yet. It was really rough at first, but I found another video that was a bit easier to follow as far as where to stand and I started getting strikes more consistently. I think I managed tonroughly triple my rupees before I stopped.