Video Games

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:56 pm

Remember, frags are OP, pistols are deadly from range if you can get head shots, and finish off your assault rifle spray with a well timed melee. If you have an elite controller, try jumping/hip firing while engaging in CQB.
The aiming in Halo is just awful. Either it’s too fast and the crosshairs moves right past opponents, or too slow and I’m killed before ever taking a shot. I’ve messed with the settings all day to no avail, and found that this is a pretty popular issue right now.

I don’t expect to be up there with guys who play 10 hours a day, but I had 0 kills and 18 deaths in the last match. I am not that bad.
I was struggling a bit until I saw this comment (below). I used his settings as a baseline and adjusted the dead zones as needed since my elite has some drift. The biggest thing is do not aim down sight in CQB. Hip fire while aiming for the head, jump, and melee just as you’re about to run out of ammo.

It sounds like you’re having issues with the dead zones which for some reason default at 12. Lower that a bunch. Then also lower your acceleration to 1 or 0. Then adjust your sensitivity as needed.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:01 pm

I zeroed out every single dead zone already. I’m definitely going to lower acceleration again, but I have to take a break. It’s frustrating playing the game right now when nothing seems to be working out.

Side note: I really wish there was a way to match with players of similar ability.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:03 pm

I zeroed out every single dead zone already. I’m definitely going to lower acceleration again, but I have to take a break. It’s frustrating playing the game right now when nothing seems to be working out.

Side note: I really wish there was a way to match with players of similar ability.
Is it not skill based? Halo multiplayer is unlike any other FPS multiplayer I’ve played. It takes some getting used to.

By the way I tend to play on medium sensitivity because like you said, with higher sens I tended to fly right past my target. On lower to medium sens, I can stay with people in close quarters while hip firing and it doesn’t tend to matter as much when at longer ranges. If you’re trying to aim down sight close up you’re gonna have a bad time.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:12 pm

343 hasn’t provided details on ranked play yet, so it’s all speculation.

And yeah, I have basically given up zooming in with the weapon unless I’m hidden and trying to snipe somebody.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Never zoom in with the BR

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Unrelated, but why the hell do so many people make their characters look like **** Storm Troopers wearing skirts? Between them and the Pepsi-themed guys, I feel as though I’m missing out on an inside joke.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 pm

I think I’ve got my controller settings as good as they’re going to get now.

I need to change my game plan, though. I tend to keep the default rifle - is that the assault or battle rifle? - but it never seems to do much damage. If I come across the rifle with a tubular scope, I’ll try and find cover or high ground and pick off people in the area. I’ve only ever had the sniper rifle once, and it is really slow; got killed while reloading. Some of the weapons are useless, like the lame ass plasma gun and handgun. I got the battle axe once, but never got close enough to actually use it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:46 pm

The battle rifle is the one with the scope. That generally should replace your pistol and be used in medium/long range. It’s one of the most accurate guns in the game. The assault rifle is the one you spawn with and is really effective close range, especially when paired with the melee. Melee has a crazy range so don’t forget to use it. But don’t bother using the assault rifle at medium/long range even if aiming down sight. That’s pistol/BR territory. The pistol is really effective but be sure to aim for the head.

I don’t use the plasma guns much but some are useful. Just avoid the plasma pistol. That’s a pos.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Yeah, I meant the plasma pistol that shoots green semen. Lame. I should practice melee to see just how far I actually move forward, because I’m sure that I’m attempting it while too far away.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Yeah test it out in the bot mode. I don’t know if you have an elite controller with paddles but it’s amazing how much jumping while in a CQB helps. Your opponent is aiming for your head so move as much as possible while holding your aim at their head. If you can’t jump, at least get used to strafing like crazy.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm

No Elite controller because I didn’t think it would actually do much for me. And yes, I have learned that I can’t run straight, and always have to jump around like an idiot. Kinda hate it.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:06 pm

I only use my elite for FPS games. It’s a huge advantage. I also play a decent amount of them so it was worth the investment. Easily the best controller I’ve ever used but if you aren’t going to play many shooters, it may not be worth it.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Out of curiosity, what makes it better? I basically stick to playing Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and now Halo.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:21 pm

Out of curiosity, what makes it better? I basically stick to playing Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and now Halo.
The biggest advantage is you never have to take your thumb off the right stick. So you are much more mobile than somebody who doesn’t have a paddled controller. The Halo jumping is one example. In COD, I can slide and jump/switch guns while keeping my crosshairs on the enemy.

Without it, you’re constantly removing your thumb from the aiming stick.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Maybe I’ll setup an eBay search for a used one, because there’s no way I’m paying $170 for one.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Maybe I’ll setup an eBay search for a used one, because there’s no way I’m paying $170 for one.
I’d advise against that. Elites, even series 2, are notorious for their stick drift. With a used one you run a pretty big risk of significant drift plus no warranty. I’ve replaced my series 2 once already and it’s only a year old. I also had a replacement for my old series 1 elite for the same issue. They were both covered under warranty.

It’s a great controller but unfortunately the warranty is a must. You could look into scuffs or razrs too.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:31 am

On second thought, I think I'll just stick with my XSX controller. :)

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:28 am

On second thought, I think I'll just stick with my XSX controller. :)
:lol: I know I'm not selling it well but it honestly is the best controller I've ever used. It just feels premium. But yeah, Microsoft needs to get their **** together with the stick drift. Maybe wait for the inevitable series 3.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 am

Breaking news: video game system that is actually in stock outsells video game systems that are impossible to find anywhere.

Best Selling Console On Black Friday Wasn't The Switch Or PS5, But The Xbox Series S
https://kotaku.com/best-selling-console ... ce=twitter

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:32 am

That and it's a terrific bang for your buck if you can't spend $500 on a console. But mostly because it's easier to actually obtain.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:50 am

I'll tell you what: if DICE enables keyboard and mouse for BF2042, I'll be going the Xbox or PS5 route. Force KB/M users to crossplay to keep things fair. But my brother is getting solid performance from his PS5, and my PC is on the struggle bus. Fortunately, the game isn't a whole lot of fun right now, so no FOMO for me yet.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Far Cry 6 is really stupid.

The story is interesting, and the cutscenes have all been entertaining (to the extent I've played the story). But gameplay? You inhabit a world where the bad guys don't really interact with you until/unless you engage them first. So you can walk around, armed, with your 'Libertad' Gear and whatnot, and the bad guys don't do anything. The world just doesn't feel dangerous in the same way Hope County, Kyrat, and Rook Island did in previous games. And I appear to be stuck in a rut where the RNG that determines what I unlock by opening a supply crate is stuck on 'gunpowder'; I haven't unlocked a weapon in probably 2+ hours of gameplay focused on opening up the world and unlocking supply crates rather than story. And I can't just buy any new regular weapons, either. The Juan's Arms Dealer locations now only offer those dumb 'special' weapons and Gear.

The AI is also hilarious.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Tried out Game Pass cloud gaming last night with Back 4 Blood. There's definitely latency issues and the resolution is balls but it's a great way to quickly try out a game before committing the HD space.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:48 pm

I finally went through the process of installing the home brew channel on my Wii so I could extract the Metroid Prime iso.

Now I'm finally able to play the MP randomizer.

The game runs fairly well on Dolphin. The only real issue I've had is the map screen lagging occasionally.

I'm eventually going to extract Echoes and Corruption as well, but this will keep me busy for awhile.

One nice thing about playing on an emulator is I can use save states to make it easier to retry the various speed tricks when I fail.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm

Halo Infinite: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscribers To Get Monthly Multiplayer Bonuses

This month’s bonus is the “Pass Tense” MA40 AR Bundle, and it comes with an exclusive “Pass Tense” MA40 Assault Rifle coating, as the bundle’s name would suggest, along with four 2XP Boosts and four Challenge Swaps. You can check out the bundle above, which includes a look at the new AR coating.