Video Games

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:10 pm

After over a year of internal overhaul on Anthem, EA and BioWare have decided to stop development on the 2019 action-RPG, and move on to other projects.
That’s a shame. Anthem was a lot of fun (the action), and I was looking forward to a new version.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 pm

Valheim has been pretty fun so far

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:19 am

After over a year of internal overhaul on Anthem, EA and BioWare have decided to stop development on the 2019 action-RPG, and move on to other projects.
That’s a shame. Anthem was a lot of fun (the action), and I was looking forward to a new version.
Agree. I hope they find a way to bring some of the Anthem combat mechanics into the new Mass Effect game. They don't have to go full "Iron Man-style" flying, but the hovering attacks in Anthem felt even better than the jump-jet combat mechanics in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

All in all, it sucks. The decision isn't surprising but I feel bad for the community that stuck with the game, and the developers that were working on it. Christian Dailey had been their project lead on the rebuild and the updates he shared on Twitter over the last year or so did look promising. I have no idea how they would have rebuilt the story, and that seemed to be one of the biggest things that dragged the game down.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:21 am

Agree. I hope they find a way to bring some of the Anthem combat mechanics into the new Mass Effect game. They don't have to go full "Iron Man-style" flying, but the hovering attacks in Anthem felt even better than the jump-jet combat mechanics in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

All in all, it sucks. The decision isn't surprising but I feel bad for the community that stuck with the game, and the developers that were working on it. Christian Dailey had been their project lead on the rebuild and the updates he shared on Twitter over the last year or so did look promising. I have no idea how they would have rebuilt the story, and that seemed to be one of the biggest things that dragged the game down.
I couldn't agree more re: hovering vs. ME. I didn't like the controls in ME, so I gave up on it pretty quickly. I feel for those who actually spent $50+ on it only to have this happened. Between this and then finding out that there will likely never be a Titanfall 3, I'm not happy. The next Halo game had better knock it out of the damn park.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:28 am

Have a 1TB PS5. CoD takes up over 500 Gigs. That's entirely too much dedicated to one f*cking game.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:36 am

Can you go in and delete the parts of the game you don't play? They added that functionality with Warzone/Modern Warfare late in that game's cycle, so you could delete the campaign, Warzone, or co-op. Because, yes, that is way too much space for a game like that.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 am

Yeah, you can. I didn't bother installing zombies or the campaign.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:03 am

I've already deleted just the barebones, and it's still too much.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:17 am

You're talking about Modern Warfare right? That doesn't seem right but I guess it's possible. I have Black Ops installed (along with campaign and zombies. Apparently I did install those after all) and Warzone and I'm only at 282gb total between the two games.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am

You're talking about Modern Warfare right? That doesn't seem right but I guess it's possible. I have Black Ops installed (along with campaign and zombies. Apparently I did install those after all) and Warzone and I'm only at 282gb total between the two games.
Yea, basically two games to play warzone. Warzone has like all these stupid enhancement packs. Maybe 500G was too generous, but whatever it is now, is too much.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am

I have everything installed for Warzone on Series X, including texture packs and it's around 110 gb. There must be something going on though because Activision put out a blog warning PS4 users with the 500gb model that they made need to make space for the updates.

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2021/02 ... Size-Intel

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:29 am

I had to go in and delete games today on my PS5 because it said I needed 107 more gigs of space...

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 am

I now have room for only two real games on my PS5. CoD and Red Dead.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:34 am

I still think it's dumb to only include a 512GB drive regardless, but whatever.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 am

I basically keep any non-ps5 game on my external SSD that I have hooked up to my ps5. Any ps5 game that I'm playing currently is on internal storage.

Right now I have Spider Man: Miles Morales, AC: Valhalla, Madden 21, Watch Dogs: Legion, Astros Playroom installed on the PS5 internal SSD with some space to spare. Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, RDR2, plus some other random games are all currently on my samsung external SSD.

It's annoying to move stuff back and forth, but with both the internal SSD and having an external SSD hooked up it's not all that bad when if I need to flip flop something.

I'd love to just be able to install at least a 2GB internal SSD but that would require Sony get their head out of their ass to support it, and then keep my 1GB external as a standby.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 am

I basically keep any non-ps5 game on my external SSD that I have hooked up to my ps5. Any ps5 game that I'm playing currently is on internal storage.

Right now I have Spider Man: Miles Morales, AC: Valhalla, Madden 21, Watch Dogs: Legion, Astros Playroom installed on the PS5 internal SSD with some space to spare. Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, RDR2, plus some other random games are all currently on my samsung external SSD.

It's annoying to move stuff back and forth, but with both the internal SSD and having an external SSD hooked up it's not all that bad when if I need to flip flop something.

I'd love to just be able to install at least a 2GB internal SSD but that would require Sony get their head out of their ass to support it, and then keep my 1GB external as a standby.
Same except my external is unfortunately just a HDD. No way in hell am I buying that Seagate expansion card.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 am

I saw people talking about this and thought they were talking about the latest Assassin's Creed game. I was wondering why it was getting a boost all of a sudden :lol:

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:54 pm

@Morkle

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:58 pm

Activision needs to hire these guys:

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:21 pm

@Morkle
I'm right at 524 Gigs with PS4MW and PS5CW. Stupid.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Watch Dogs: Legion
Have you played this yet? The first one was such a letdown that I literally finished the game, removed the disc from the PS3 and put it in the case, drove to GameStop and sold it. The only reason I played the second one was because we were living in San Francisco at the time, and I thought it would be fun to compare the game to the real thing (they actually did a decent job with it); it ended up being enjoyable enough that I could be talked into spending money on a third game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm

I saw people talking about this and thought they were talking about the latest Assassin's Creed game. I was wondering why it was getting a boost all of a sudden :lol:
I feel like I'm chasing the dragon playing this game. Its an absolute time burner. Started playing with a buddy last night then looked at the time and it was an hour an a half later.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 pm

Watch Dogs: Legion
Have you played this yet? The first one was such a letdown that I literally finished the game, removed the disc from the PS3 and put it in the case, drove to GameStop and sold it. The only reason I played the second one was because we were living in San Francisco at the time, and I thought it would be fun to compare the game to the real thing (they actually did a decent job with it); it ended up being enjoyable enough that I could be talked into spending money on a third game.
I have not. I only have it because someone bought it for me at Christmas.

I had similar experiences to you with the first two. I'm not expecting much and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:58 pm

My daughter was permabanned in a specific level within Roblox, because she entered an area that was “level 75+ only” or some ****.

1. :lol:
2. Permaban for that?
3. In her defense, maybe make it so that level 74 and below players can’t actually get into that area?
I found out she watched a YouTube video to get some special item that she wasn’t supposed to have. I’ve sent four emails now to these NTP66s at Roblox to see if I can get her absurd ban overturned, because she’s 8 years old and not a god damn hacker. They are still “performing a full investigation”, while my daughter bugs me every day about it. I’m close to just creating a new account for her, but I hope it rains every day these clowns in support have a day off.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Is this a single-player game or one of those multiplayer deals?

I've gotten to the point where multiplayer, co-op style games just don't interest me, because other people are jagoffs.