Video Games

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 am

Yeah it's basically Fallout in space. Which means I had fun but got frustrated because I'm the type of gamer that needs his hand held. Tell me where I'm going and when. Don't let me go to X place if my character is going to die the moment he arrives.
Hah, I hear ya. I'm the exact opposite in most respects. 40 hours of exploration later, I'm ready to start the second quest in the main quest line. I put it off as long as possible.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am

Someone may have already posted this, but the G4 Reunion special is on youtube. Brings back lots of memories. Kevin and Olivia still have incredible chemistry when they did the ATN bit.

Also Olivia Munn has gotten hotter with age. Good lord.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:41 am

I'm not going to be surprised at all when G4 dies again, and probably quickly. I don't know if anybody has watched an esports event lately, but these G4 guys are about twice as old as anybody from those broadcasts. Add to that the cringy comedy bits and I just don't see this connecting. I'm not sure who the audience is.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:46 am

I didn't know it was actually coming back, I thought it was just a one off reunion special. I don't think it would survive as a channel these days either. It's kind of out of place, but the old stuff still brings back memories even if the bits were bad/distasteful sometimes.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Played no man's sky for a few hours, that's fun, but sucks up way too much time. Is it best to do normal mode or creative?

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Played no man's sky for a few hours, that's fun, but sucks up way too much time. Is it best to do normal mode or creative?
I play normal. I hope in for an hour or two and leave for a few weeks.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:04 pm

I believe that title is on Game Pass. I'll have to check it out.

Fallen Order is the first game I've finished (storyline, I have a ways to go to 100%) in quite some time. Fantastic game.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:10 pm

Bought a pc finally. Ryzen 5 5600x with a gtx 3070. Should rip pretty good

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:24 am

PS5 still hasn't shipped from Walmart and it says delivery date of 12/2. They charged my card already, but man, come on.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:29 am

After an almost 2 year hiatus, I picked up Zelda: BOTW over Thanksgiving. Oh man, don't know why I ever set it down (I know why, too busy) but I've barely put it down.

I'm still pretty early on. I only talked to the old man and got the glider, etc when I initially played, so I was still very early into the game. I'm up to like 11 shrines, got like 8 Korak seeds, started a few side quests, and made it to Zora's Domain.

Can't stop thinking of it.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 am

I believe that title is on Game Pass. I'll have to check it out.

Fallen Order is the first game I've finished (storyline, I have a ways to go to 100%) in quite some time. Fantastic game.
Agreed! So much fun to expand Cal's powers and upgrade his saber. And the final battle was terrifying, as it should be.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 am

After an almost 2 year hiatus, I picked up Zelda: BOTW over Thanksgiving. Oh man, don't know why I ever set it down (I know why, too busy) but I've barely put it down.

I'm still pretty early on. I only talked to the old man and got the glider, etc when I initially played, so I was still very early into the game. I'm up to like 11 shrines, got like 8 Korak seeds, started a few side quests, and made it to Zora's Domain.

Can't stop thinking of it.
It's so good we ended up buying it for the switch after beating it on wii u. My son is basically like one if those people on youtube that I watched in the beginning destroying lynels and what not. I wish I had time to be great at video games again

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Yeah my daughter is the same way. Seven years old and crushing Lynels/Guardians. Love it.

I actually beat my first two golden Lynels yesterday in Master Mode. Definitely the hardest enemies in the entire game.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:39 am

PS5 likely isn't being delivered today. Walmart app still says Delivery 12/2 but still in preparing order. They charged my card, so I contacted them and they told me that it was on backorder in the warehouse.

No ****, but why did you charge my card if the product wasn't acquired?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am

PS5 likely isn't being delivered today. Walmart app still says Delivery 12/2 but still in preparing order. They charged my card, so I contacted them and they told me that it was on backorder in the warehouse.

No ****, but why did you charge my card if the product wasn't acquired?
If it makes you feel any better, it seems a lot of people are experiencing the same **** from Walmart. Walmart has become such a joke that r/ps5 users are replacing "Walmart" with the clown face emoji and everybody knows what that means. I hope you get a shipping update soon.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 am

Just got the update, shipping delayed. Thanks for telling me day of. Oh well, just waiting now - thankfully I don't need to try and snag one, just stupid.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:13 am

Just got the update, shipping delayed. Thanks for telling me day of. Oh well, just waiting now - thankfully I don't need to try and snag one, just stupid.
How long is your delay?

Not gonna lie the day mine got delivered I followed the tracking on the UPS tracker the whole day. I was not pleased when UPS went the whole way down the left side of the main road delivered to all the side streets on that side and passed my house then came back up the right side and delivered to me haha.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 am

It was supposed to be delivered today, then I contacted them and they told me it's on backorder at the warehouse.

Sooooo, no idea lol

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:20 am

If nothing else, I hope this gen's launch **** show changes the way it's done moving forward. Why are we still doing preorders? Why didn't sites like Target or Walmart have bot protection? With something as mass produced as consoles, there is no reason why it can't be a reservation or back order system. You should be able to put your money down at any time and be sent a console once one is available. Preorder windows are stupid. Inventory drops are stupid. All that does is encourage resellers.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 am

Yea, it was a shitshow from the start, and I don't know how they collectively failed. That being said, they all got paid bots or not, so they probably don't care.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:28 am

Yeah the launch has been a **** show from the start. It's a bad look for Sony and Mircrosoft.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:31 am

Maybe I'm naive, but I think they care. Bots instantly buying up inventory isn't good for them at all. It's a bad experience for all of their customers. The hardcore folks will either hold out for another drop or overpay scalpers. Many will become frustrated and decide to stick with the PS4/One until supply meets demand. The biggest issue is that parents or casual gamers will not be able to simply walk into a store and purchase a console for a long time. And even when they are able to, those drops will get picked up by resellers as well in an attempt to create their own market. Something needs to be done to combat the resale market. The most obvious answer is to up production to meet demand, though I'm sure they're already running as quickly as they can. And even with production up, resellers will still buy up the stock to create a market. Instead, Sony and Microsoft should allow customers to reserve a console on a backorder system. That doesn't solve the problem for people who want the new console immediately, but it does make the process easier for most customers.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:34 am

It must be said, but people buying from scalpers are huge part of the problem. Remove that, and there's no reason for people to use bots to snatch them up.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:42 am

I wonder what percentage of total lifetime console sales are in the first week. I keep reading you guys saying this is a bad look for [company] but those of us who eschew this nonsense and will wait to next year don't really have a stake and we don't have a reason to think less of the company for whatever is going on.

I guess there is an overlap between someone that cares enough to try to get a console and launch and those that will complain about not getting one on the internet. Just curious how much of the overall console buying population they are.