Video Games

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:22 pm

First in depth look/tear down of PS5. There's a chance that dude is just a small guy, but holy **** the PS5 is gigantic.

I do like that you can remove the base (unlike Series X) and store the screw within the base. Then you can simply clip on the base for horizontal display. That's smart design. Removable panels is also cool. The assumption being that those will be customizable. The storage expansion is more annoying than the Series X option, though reports are that there will many options for a third party drive (unlike Xbox with Seagate only at the moment). Liquid metal cooling and dust catchers are also pretty damn neat.

I still think the design is hideous.
I've had dogs smaller than that. Jeebus.

I'm okay with the aesthetics, but man alive.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:31 pm

That heat sink. :shock:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Don't know if there are any COD players here, but Cold War beta is live on PS4 and apparently the SBMM is so bad that streamers (including Dr Disrespect) are purposefully tanking their k/d to work around it. Hopefully Activision/Treyarch sees what's happening and adjusts for the full release.

I'm a casual/decent player so if I happen to have a few good games, that might absolutely destroy my multiplayer experience. Plus, Christmas noobs used to be one of the best part about COD. With the extreme SBMM, Christmas noobs are no more.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:17 pm

I haven't preordered, so I can't play it on PC until next weekend? I don't even know. I need a sliderule and graphing calculator to figure out when the open beta is. :lol:

I decided to call it on Modern Warfare. I loathe about 90% of the 6v6 maps, as they are too big and invite passive camping. The two new maps would work better for 32 players, and the tank factory might be bigger than that awful Promenade Ground War map. I can only tolerate Shoot House, Cheshire Park, Vacant, and maybe Hard Hat. Of course, shipment is great for grinding camos, but frustrating to play most of the time regardless.

Also, I think I'm getting too old for these meathead FPS games. :lol:

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Joycon drift is getting terribad on our Switch. Probably going to buy off brand replacements or replace the sticks themselves.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:21 pm

:lol: I'm on Xbox so I'm in the same boat as you. This weekend is only PS4. We get Thursday Oct 14 - Oct 19. If you didn't preorder, you're able to play Saturday the 17th.

I don't think we're getting too old. At least for me, the problem is SBMM. I'm too good to be put into the **** lobbies and too **** to compete in the good lobbies.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah, SBMM is a dodint. Ground War doesn't have it apparently, which is a plus.

But yeah, SBMM is very noticeable at times. I played Kill Confirmed Grind with Pointman as one of my perks. I had endless killstreaks on Shipment - like I was able to call in three cluster strikes and two VTOLs in one round. The airspace was too crowded to call in others, and I ended up going 76-25 or something like that. I knew I would get wrecked the next game I played, and I was right - it's like I was playing against CoD League pros for the next few rounds, with a negative K/D. Very humbling.

But then I get rounds where I'm playing against bots. I mean one or two guys walking into walls and so on. It's weird.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:29 am

Mario circuit is available on best buy now

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 am

Mario circuit is available on best buy now
I watched the IGN review of it and it looks cool, but it seems like if you don't have a big open space to set it up, or have carpet it can be an issue.

It's a cool idea though.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 am

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 am

That looks awesome.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:11 am

I struck on the Target deal. I have all wood or tiled floors in my apartment so I should be able to set up some cool tracks, and given the portable nature of the Switch, should travel well too.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:11 am

Forza 7 any good?

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 am

I enjoyed it for some mindless racing. Pretty realistic, all track-based racing.

Forza Horizon 4 might be a better option if you're looking for a racing/driving game that you can also mess around and drive in an open-ish world.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:14 am

:thumb:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 am

Don't know if there are any COD players here, but Cold War beta is live on PS4 and apparently the SBMM is so bad that streamers (including Dr Disrespect) are purposefully tanking their k/d to work around it. Hopefully Activision/Treyarch sees what's happening and adjusts for the full release.

I'm a casual/decent player so if I happen to have a few good games, that might absolutely destroy my multiplayer experience. Plus, Christmas noobs used to be one of the best part about COD. With the extreme SBMM, Christmas noobs are no more.
Just play Rogue Company and buy the Dr Disrespect skin.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 am

Just play Rogue Company and buy the Dr Disrespect skin.
I watched his stream where he played that the other day. I might give it a go but that game screams free to play. It reminds me of a mobile game.

I enjoyed my first night with the Cold War beta. It's already super sweaty and I finished my night with a slightly better than 1 kd. I was just happy that I didn't go negative in any games. It definitely feels like a beta, though. TTK seems pretty good, I like the weapon attachments though it does seem to take a long time to unlock ****. I had a really hard time seeing folks. There's one map especially (I forget the name) where there are rows of bushes and it's damn near impossible to see anybody in there. You can just crouch camp and be invisible. Since I finished with a 1 kd, I'm assuming SBMM did it's job. Not a fan of that at all.

In other news, I'm skipping NHL 21 this year or at least holding off until it goes on sale. After watching some streams, it's clearly the same game. Again. And EA didn't bother enhancing it for next gen. Be a Pro seems okay for the first season but is immediately repetitive in season 2. Same questions, same everything. And the game still refers to you as a rookie even in year 2.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:38 am

I hopped on the COD bandwagon for Warzone, but mostly played multiplayer until I got sick of it. I wasn't around for earlier COD betas, but if they are like BF betas, the game is 90%+ finished at this point. They are mostly server load testing - progression system, unlocks, and whatnot. So if it looks rough now, it probably won't be much better at launch.

Not sure if I'm going to get this game. I am getting too old for these numbskull games, to be honest. :lol:

I miss BF and CoD communities (I did play the first two CoD games a lot back in the day) where a clan or group could rent a server, pick the maps and modes the community wanted to play, and administer the server themselves. Now everything is siloed curated playlists and modes that last a week or two before disappearing. The lobbies disappear at the end of each match, too, which sucks. It's designed to keep people grinding for longer so they buy more skins and other microtransactions.

MW 6v6 maps were mostly too big and led to campfests. Some of them feel bigger than 64 player BF maps from a few years ago; and it's like playing hide and seek with guns.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 am

They have shown that they'll adjust these smaller issues from beta to live build. Things like TTK and sliding have already been adjusted from the alpha to the beta. I expect them to further adjust the sliding since it's still totally ridiculous and for them to trim those bushes so you are still seen when crouching.

Speaking of big maps, though, there is a a snow map (again I forget the name) that's gigantic. And there are **** tanks on it so if you try to go on foot, you're screwed. That's a map that I'll back out of when it goes live.

I play with three friends so the lobby disbanding doesn't matter much to me. It probably would when I play solo though.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 am

I miss a good battlefield game, honestly. It sucks what they did to that series.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 am

Also still having a hard time between new xbox or PS5. But right now, I'm leaning towards PS again.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:44 am

Also still having a hard time between new xbox or PS5. But right now, I'm leaning towards PS again.
Did you watch the PS5 UI video? It's interesting and pretty different from PS4. I can see the card system either being amazing or absolutely useless depending on what the devs do with it. Screen sharing is awesome. I doubt I'd use it much but that's a cool idea.

Whatever you choose, it looks like you'll have some time to decide. Pre-orders have been tough to come by after the initial drop.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am

Yea I've already decided I'm not even getting until January - only thing that hangs me up is the gamepass on XBOX. With EA included, that makes it awesome.

But I can't say I'd play that many games. PS5 is where a majority of my 'online' friends play too.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am

Yea I've already decided I'm not even getting until January - only thing that hangs me up is the gamepass on XBOX. With EA included, that makes it awesome.

But I can't say I'd play that many games. PS5 is where a majority of my 'online' friends play too.
With most 3rd party games allowing for cross-play, you should be able to party up with your friends on either system. I'm not sure how seamless it is, though. Really I think it boils down to what exclusives you're into.

Also, If you're new to Xbox or just haven't had Gamepass, you can load up your Xbox Live for up to 36 months, then convert those months to GamePass for only $1 (if you haven't had it before) or $14.99 (if you've already done the $1 promotion and your Gamepass has expired). It's a one-time charge.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Not technically video game related per say.. but Walmart showed they had 1 of the TMNT arcade cabinets in stock. I had a bunch of "points" from work to cash in and one of the options was a walmart e-gift card. So I got a $250 one and promptly placed an online order pickup for the arcade cabinet. Just got confirmation that it's ready for pickup...so after work gonna go get it. After the gift card I only spent about 150ish dollars.

The cabinet below is the one I'm referencing and I have wanted it since it came out but had no where to put it until we moved into a bigger house.

https://arcade1up.com/products/teenage- ... ja-turtles