Video Games

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Maxed out all my equipment slots, up to 116 shrines... just have 4 around the castle left. Now my issue isn't not having enough weapons, it's wanting 3 more pages to hold everything I'm finding. :lol:

Still a bit rough when fighting Guardians and Lynels, but I'm slowly getting better. The upgraded Soldiers gear helps keep me alive while I'm screwing up. :lol:

What really sucked though was realizing that I had 7 shrines left earlier today but I could only account for 6... turned out I missed the one in the Gerudo highlands with the heat contest vs the Gorons. Took quite awhile to figure out. :face:

2 small quality of life updates that I really hope they consider for the sequel... some way to equip sets without having to manually select all 3 pieces, and if you open a chest and dont have room for said item, give the option to swap it with something in your inventory instead of forcing you to quit, drop something, and then open the chest again.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 am

I bought The Division 2 and Ace Combat 7 this weekend, but obviously wasn't able to give either a try. Someday.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 am

Maxed out all my equipment slots, up to 116 shrines... just have 4 around the castle left. Now my issue isn't not having enough weapons, it's wanting 3 more pages to hold everything I'm finding. :lol:

Still a bit rough when fighting Guardians and Lynels, but I'm slowly getting better. The upgraded Soldiers gear helps keep me alive while I'm screwing up. :lol:

What really sucked though was realizing that I had 7 shrines left earlier today but I could only account for 6... turned out I missed the one in the Gerudo highlands with the heat contest vs the Gorons. Took quite awhile to figure out. :face:

2 small quality of life updates that I really hope they consider for the sequel... some way to equip sets without having to manually select all 3 pieces, and if you open a chest and dont have room for said item, give the option to swap it with something in your inventory instead of forcing you to quit, drop something, and then open the chest again.
Why don't you have your ancient armor yet?

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:17 am

I get my ass kicked by Lynels every time. I did read about different ways to fight guardians, apparently you can use Stasis+ on them? It's annoying that I have five Giant Ancient Cores but only two regular cores so I can't upgrade it yet.

And holy hell...there are 120 shrines? I have a lot of hearts left to go, that's for sure. I gave up on getting the one on the Thundra Plateau because I got frustrated...is there a trick that I am missing to getting the orbs up onto the platform they need to be on?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:17 am

Why don't you have your ancient armor yet?
Just got that last night. I was only able to upgrade it once so far, so it doesn't give the set bonus yet, and is way behind soldiers in defense.

I've been using soldiers for defense and eating mighty fruit for dmg boost so far.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:22 am

I get my ass kicked by Lynels every time. I did read about different ways to fight guardians, apparently you can use Stasis+ on them? It's annoying that I have five Giant Ancient Cores but only two regular cores so I can't upgrade it yet.

And holy hell...there are 120 shrines? I have a lot of hearts left to go, that's for sure. I gave up on getting the one on the Thundra Plateau because I got frustrated...is there a trick that I am missing to getting the orbs up onto the platform they need to be on?
Stasis+ is key for fighting lynels. I still can't always pukl off the stun so I can mount them, but if nothing else you get at least one free shot in.

I just did the Thundra plain yesterday. First off, the Thunder Helm helps a lot since it eliminates the lightning as a threat.

For the orbs outside the plateau, there is one spot on tbe perimeter where there is a bit of a dirt hill. I dropped them on there and used stasis to bat them in.

As a note, there are not enough shrines to completely fill both stamina and hearts. You end up 3 short on one if you max the other.

Definitely max stamina as early as you can. Once I got the master sword, I poured all my orbs into stamina till it was maxed.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 am

As a note, stasis+ is a massive game changer overall. I use it all the time in combat now. It doesn't last long, but it's enough to stop an enemy in their tracks and let you get at least one free shot in.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 am

I bought The Division 2 and Ace Combat 7 this weekend, but obviously wasn't able to give either a try. Someday.
I just bought The Division 2 last night. Don't know much about it, but it was $3 so............

Also got RDR2 about 2 weeks ago. Only about 7 hours or so in, but man is this game beautiful to play. Just aesthetically pleasing. The atmosphere of the world they created is so engaging. I'll have to use a pto day here soon and put in a full day's play in.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 am

Division 2: if you're ok with really bullet spongy bosses, you'll enjoy it.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Playing Luigi Mansion 3 right now. It's a fun game.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Wild day of collecting gear in BOTW. Took care of all the dlc rumors gear, got the Ancient set, filled in a couple random pieces I never bought on other sets when I had less money...

Killed a couple more lynels and a metric **** ton of guardians. I am much better at consistently dealing with the latter now. There are a couple situations that still suck like more than one at a time, or in certain places near Hyrule Castle there are perfectly positioned stationary guardians that can hit you from a LONG distance, basically making them annoying and deadly... I just avoid those.

I had to invade Hyrule Castle again to get the final shrine and some of the dlc gear, so I took the time to stock up on a bunch more royal gear while I was at it.

I guess now I have to decide to when to take out Ganon and when to take on the Champions Ballad and the Trail of the Sword.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:06 pm

After learning that a totally new company would be developing KSP2, I was a little worried. After watching this first video on the development of the game. I'm pretty sure the right people are working on this game.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:38 am

Despite some of my gripes, botw really is a fantastic game and a great achievement by Nintendo.

However, I have to say that the battle with Gannon really falls short of the rest of the game.

I realize that they can't just reuse the battle from OOT, but that is truly epic. The whole lead up to the battle with the organ getting louder as you approach, it's great before you even draw your sword.

This was not even close to that. I felt way more enjoyment the first time I killed a lynel and a guardian than I did killing Gannon. That feels like a big miss to me.

Hopefully this is improved upon for botw2.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am

Despite some of my gripes, botw really is a fantastic game and a great achievement by Nintendo.

However, I have to say that the battle with Gannon really falls short of the rest of the game.

I realize that they can't just reuse the battle from OOT, but that is truly epic. The whole lead up to the battle with the organ getting louder as you approach, it's great before you even draw your sword.

This was not even close to that. I felt way more enjoyment the first time I killed a lynel and a guardian than I did killing Gannon. That feels like a big miss to me.

I am purposely putting off the battle with Ganon for as long as possible for this reason, I just have a feeling there's no way it is going to compare to the rest of the game.

I agree, that climb up the stairs in OoT....just epic.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:21 pm

I am purposely putting off the battle with Ganon for as long as possible for this reason, I just have a feeling there's no way it is going to compare to the rest of the game.

I agree, that climb up the stairs in OoT....just epic.
I've been putting it off since the game came out and now I'm really rusty. Should have never waited. Can you still complete the shrines and other things after you beat him?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Yes. When you beat Gannon, it creates a save in Kakariko with a star next to it. Gannon is still alive, but you get some additional features like completion percentages in menus.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:27 pm

I basically just have the trial of sword, champions ballad from the dlc and if I ever go insane, the other half of the koroks. Upgrading all my gear too I guess.

Probably gonna take a break for a bit before I try those. Noy particularly interested in master mode.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Dang, I should have just beat it when I was hot, I'd like that percentage menu. I wish there was a way to save my Wii U progress over to switch.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Dang, I should have just beat it when I was hot, I'd like that percentage menu. I wish there was a way to save my Wii U progress over to switch.
Honestly, it's not really that bad, assuming that you have enough hearts/stamina, good armor, and definitely the Hylian Shield.... (I wore the ancient armor, but iirc Soldiers is the same overall def at level 4)

and of course plenty of full life food... if you are lacking on hearts, you can get up to +20 hearts from 5 hearty durians... but it caps at 30 regardless, so that was pointless for me, I just cooked single durians... 5x mighty bananas for extra dmg is a good idea.

It can be a touch annoying at times but it wasn't particularly hard overall. I recommend saving your camel powers for the 2nd half of the first battle when he goes full shield... that knocks him down for some master sword beating.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 pm

One bonus is that when I was hunting all of the expansion gear, one of the pieces is on the second floor of the Sanctum, so I dropped my travel medallion there, so I didn't have to fight back through Hyrule Castle to get there.

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 pm

How is AC7?

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:20 pm

How is AC7?
My Xbox wouldn’t display video when I turned it on after buying it, so I don’t know yet. :(

It’s the first game I want to check out when I get it back from MS.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:01 pm

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:18 pm

How is AC7?
My Xbox wouldn’t display video when I turned it on after buying it, so I don’t know yet. :(

Did you get AC7 or AC7 Deluxe Edition? They're both on sale, but I am curious if the deluxe version has more actual content or just that dumb millenial collector stuff like skins.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:14 am

How is AC7?

Did you get AC7 or AC7 Deluxe Edition? They're both on sale, but I am curious if the deluxe version has more actual content or just that dumb millenial collector stuff like skins.
The regular AC7. I didn't see the Deluxe edition available while I was there.