Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:20 pm

remember this game for sega saturn?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 pm

The voices don't bother me nearly as much as the character design. Who are these fat k-mart knockoffs?
They couldn't even use the same music. So weird.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 pm

All I know about the Avengers game is that Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey are in the cast. And it's a completely separate story-verse from the MCU, like the recent Spider-Man game.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Just got cuphead on sale for switch, that game looks fun, anyone have anything to say about it?

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Never played Cuphead, but read reviews saying it was basically sadistically difficult.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 am

Just got cuphead on sale for switch, that game looks fun, anyone have anything to say about it?
It’s a beautiful game that will beat the ever living **** out of you. Prepare to die. A lot. But it’s somehow still fun.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am

is the Final Fantasy VII remaster worth $13? That's the only FF I remember playing and liking it a lot, but Cadence of Hyrule comes out tomorrow as well and I think I'd rather put money into that (even though it looks like the musical beat movements could drive me crazy)

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Cuphead is a throwback platformer/scrolling shooter that has the classic “learn the pattern” or else.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am

It’s a beautiful game that will beat the ever living **** out of you. Prepare to die. A lot. But it’s somehow still fun.
you summed it up perfectly. Holy ****, it's tough, but the artwork is so beautiful. Not sure I've ever seen a game like this. From the opening start screen, everything about this game is so cool.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Bought a refurb PS4 to run the outdoor TV and I'm in the process of intializing it to make sure any old data is wiped. Why does this take an hour to complete.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Six year old tech is the reason. Probably better off putting a new HDD on there.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Hollow Knight: Silksong gameplay from E3 on the Nintendo Switch:

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 pm

My RocketID is dodint#1291 if anyone wants to add me now that cross platform seems to be fully functional.

I am a few shy of 7,000 matches played.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 am

Xbox Ultimate Game Pass is now just $1. It says it's the first month, however, it'll add game pass to your Live account for as long as your current subscription is. For example, my Live account was set to renew on 5/17/2020. I added game pass for $1 and now I have an Ultimate account with Game Pass until the same date at no additional charge (other than $1.07). A lot of people are re-upping their live for three years, then adding the $1 deal, and they now have game pass until 2022. It's a hell of a deal. Jump on it ASAP. Just be sure to set your auto-renew to off if you don't plan on continuing with game pass after the deal expires.
My live was up this weekend, I now have ultimate game pass until 6/14/2022.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am

NHL 20:
Doc And Eddie Are Out

On the presentation side, EA is changing things up substantially. Famed NBC commentators Eddie Olczyk and Doc Emerick are out, and the entire NBC licensing package is gone. The new commentators are Ray Ferraro (who appeared in previous NHL games as a rink-side analyst) and hockey broadcaster James Cybulski. Ho, the game's creative director, tells GameSpot that EA went with new commentators because they better represent the kind of youth and energy that fans want to see. Not only that, but they were able to record 300 hours' worth of commentary compared to 30 hours for Doc and Eddie due to their relatively busier schedules. Doc and Eddie are based in Chicago, and this was not very convenient for EA. Not only that, but Doc and Eddie were likely expensive, given their history in the league.

Doc and Eddie are two of the biggest and best-known commentators in hockey, so some fans will surely miss them, but this is not uncharted territory for EA Sports. EA's Madden NFL series dropped Jim Nantz and Phil Simms from the franchise's broadcast booth in favor of lesser-known, more youthful commentators in recent years. With NHL 20, Ho says Cybulski and Ferraro have a more playful and lighthearted banter that comes across as more natural-sounding

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/n ... 0-6467885/
Well, they have sold at least one copy. :twisted:

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 am

Still no PC version. I thought with the success of Madden 19 on PC (for the first time in years), they might port it back over to PC.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 am

The NHL 20 reveal was a little disappointing, but then, when isn't it? There are a few things that give me hope.

The new movements and animations are much needed and hopefully correct the awkwardness of some situations.
“You're not going to see awkward shovel shots from 40 feet out, you're not going to see massive wheelhouse one-timers on short passes from three feet out,” Ho says. “You're going to see the type of shot coverage and the shot selection that our game has now to make all the shots look better and feel better.”
New goalie animations and awareness will hopefully cut back on the bs goals and rebound cheese. And, the new presentation should give the series a jolt. Although, this quote is very cringey.
“We found it's very limiting when we have to be authentic to a third-party like NBC,” Ho says. “So we've developed our own broadcast package where we have a lot more creative latitude. We're able to speak to new audiences and tailor this presentation to this new generation of YouTubers, streamers, and influencers who want something that is punchier, something that really speaks to their audiences.”
Ugh.

I'll buy it, enjoy it for a few weeks until some streamer discovers game-breaking bugs and cheese goals and suddenly everybody you play is using the same 2 moves. Quotes & more info here: https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/20 ... ssion=true

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am

NHL 20:
Doc And Eddie Are Out

On the presentation side, EA is changing things up substantially. Famed NBC commentators Eddie Olczyk and Doc Emerick are out, and the entire NBC licensing package is gone. The new commentators are Ray Ferraro (who appeared in previous NHL games as a rink-side analyst) and hockey broadcaster James Cybulski. Ho, the game's creative director, tells GameSpot that EA went with new commentators because they better represent the kind of youth and energy that fans want to see. Not only that, but they were able to record 300 hours' worth of commentary compared to 30 hours for Doc and Eddie due to their relatively busier schedules. Doc and Eddie are based in Chicago, and this was not very convenient for EA. Not only that, but Doc and Eddie were likely expensive, given their history in the league.

Doc and Eddie are two of the biggest and best-known commentators in hockey, so some fans will surely miss them, but this is not uncharted territory for EA Sports. EA's Madden NFL series dropped Jim Nantz and Phil Simms from the franchise's broadcast booth in favor of lesser-known, more youthful commentators in recent years. With NHL 20, Ho says Cybulski and Ferraro have a more playful and lighthearted banter that comes across as more natural-sounding

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/n ... 0-6467885/
Well, they have sold at least one copy. :twisted:
That's cool and all, I hope they made the Franchise menu and simming faster.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 am

Matthews looks more Mexican on the NHL 20 cover than he does in reality. That purple background is doing some weird skin tone tinting.

Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 am

A cover like that makes me glad I buy digitally.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 am

Lost me at influencers cancers.

Joegap

Video Games

Postby Joegap » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am

I wish they would bring back GM Connected :(

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 am

Matthews looks more Mexican on the NHL 20 cover than he does in reality. That purple background is doing some weird skin tone tinting.

Yikes...Thought for a second that was Tyler Kennedy.............. Kennedy. :shock:

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:55 am

Been playing Monster Hunter World for a couple weeks now. I'll probably pick up the expansion at some point...man I forgot how addicting these games are. Farming loot thru hunting and carving is so satisfying. 25 to 30 minute hunts, helping others defeat a tough monster, and getting your ass handed to you then seeing the calvary arrive to help you is all just so cool to me. The learning curves, different weapons and armor, and difficulty (without being sadistic) keeps me wanting to do just one more thing before turning it off.

The story is kinda meh so far, but it doesn't detract from the fun at all...at least for me.