Video Games

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Just finished up Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Man oh man does Naughty Dog do games good. Wow. The epilogue actually made me feel all

It had just the right balance of story cutscenes and gameplay. I had a couple boss battles that took me forever to beat; the Hard skill level was just hard enough that you felt satisfied after getting through, but was not throw-the-controller-at-the-screen hard.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Now playing another game from my massive Steam backlog: Risen. This is third-person open-world RPG game from developer Piranha Bytes. I've played games in that company's Gothic series, which were all pretty similar. It's an okay game that is showing its age but still holds up decently well. Even though Risen' s release date was closer to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, it reminds me more of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind in terms of the graphics and gameplay.

One of the downsides of Piranha Bytes RPGs is that there is generally no level scaling—every enemy is as hard as it will ever be right from the beginning of the game. That means you die a lot in the early game because you don't know whether a new enemy is within your capabilities to fight or will promptly stomp your guts out. The only way to find out is to try to attack it. Combat is tough and requires careful blocking and parrying in order to win fights, and in the early game health potions and healing items are few and far between. I'd say I'm maybe halfway through the game. Gameplay gets a lot easier once you level up and get better weapons, but it's still pretty difficult.

As a big RPG fan, I'd give the game a 6.5/10, with the caveat that it will probably only appeal to those who are really into action role-playing games.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am

New update for Fortnite came out and bah gawd does it look fun. Golf cart with 4 person seating was added, two named locations got redone to new locations, the battle pass skins look dope, and the rifts are game changing. Downloaded the patch this morning, can't wait to get home and try it out.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am

Ha ha, my kids are at camp until tomorrow afternoon. We get to send emails to them each day, and I've been teasing them about the patch and new Battle Pass all week. Probably driving them nuts to not be able to play it until tomorrow. :lol:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am

You better have a feed bag for them because I think they're only going to stop to sleep. :lol: The golf carts are going to be a bigly hit with everyone.
All Terrain Kart (ATK)
The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad.
Get a speed boost after drifting.
The roof acts as a bounce pad.
Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump.
Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 am

Drifting??? Cool... :lol:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Fortnite servers down, pretty standard after a new season...boo

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 pm

the golf carts are awesome. pretty good update. golf course is fun; the viking ship is a great spot.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

Was able to grind out about 12.500 xp points in a short time yesterday. Makes the grind to 500k seem more reasonable to fully unlock the Ragnarok skin.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:34 am

Picked up the Switch and Mario Oddessey and I'm loving it so far. So much exploration and fun stuff to do. Switch owners, any other game recommendations, besides Zelda (I'm picking that up regardless). Any tips.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 pm

I believe Hollow Knight came out for the Switch last month. I love this game. It can be seriously throw-your-controller-at-the-wall hard at points, but IMO it's totally worth it.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:36 am

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

Was able to grind out about 12.500 xp points in a short time yesterday. Makes the grind to 500k seem more reasonable to fully unlock the Ragnarok skin.
what do you find is best way to grind for xp?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 am

Picked up the Switch and Mario Oddessey and I'm loving it so far. So much exploration and fun stuff to do. Switch owners, any other game recommendations, besides Zelda (I'm picking that up regardless). Any tips.
did you play zelda for Wii U or is this the first? We are getting the kids (myself) one for Christmas this year and the more I play from other people that have it, the harder this wait is becoming...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:46 am

what do you find is best way to grind for xp?
Having the season pass grants xp boost to yourself and your friends. Getting a squad of 4 with everyone having the xp boosts is the best way. I think right now I have an 80% boost for myself, and a 35% boost for anyone I play with. Of course winning matches, and getting kills is a big help too. Friday night I played a few games where I got over 1k xp per match.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 am

did you play zelda for Wii U or is this the first? We are getting the kids (myself) one for Christmas this year and the more I play from other people that have it, the harder this wait is becoming...
No, I didn't get Breath of Fire for the Wii U. I was going to wait for the switch. Mario is awesome. I'm up to 108 power moons and I'm in the Donk City portion of the story line. So much exploration and fun things to do. The switch is great IMO.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm

All things considered, this is actually not bad.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 am

Epic upped the base damage on the semi-auto sniper from 63/66 to 75/78. I've been using that thing as is in squads to knock down some health on people but it might be border line OP now. Gold variant will do 195 hp for a head shot.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:40 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines was one of the biggest dud games I have ever played; I shared stories about its development mismanagement back at the old place. But it turns out one of the game's biggest problems - useless enemy AI - was the result of a typo in one line of code.

Aliens: Colonial Marines’ xenos get a lot smarter by fixing one misspelling
ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather
Take the 'a' out of 'teather', and suddenly the Xenos are real bad guys with somewhat adaptive AI. They don't just mindlessly charge you head-on at all times.

The game is still crap, it's just less crappy. But it's amazing that literally ten years after the title was first announced someone was still so put off by the game that they were scrubbing code.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

Looks like No Man's Sky is finally adding multiplayer: https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/10 ... 4261361665

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 pm

I can't wait for that game to be super cheap or free through PS monthly.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm

There is a rumor that Ace Combat 7 will be further delayed to 2019 now. Geeze.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Picked up a Switch, along with Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart.

SMO is fun as hell. I've played that the most so far.

Zelda is a bit slow so far... I'm sure it will pick up eventually but right now, it's a bit annoying. I reallllly hate the breakable weapons thing... what a horrible idea that was.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:17 am

Picked up a Switch, along with Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart.

SMO is fun as hell. I've played that the most so far.

Zelda is a bit slow so far... I'm sure it will pick up eventually but right now, it's a bit annoying. I reallllly hate the breakable weapons thing... what a horrible idea that was.
Mario Odyssey has been fantastic so far. I've just been focused on that. I'm on the Beachside Resort kingdom, but I've been exploring the hell out of all the previous kingdoms. Up to 194 power moons and have most of the purple coins on the previous kingdoms. They did a great job on that game.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:46 pm

I've only played through the first 3 kingdoms so far but it's been a ton of fun. That is making the slow start to Zelda that much more tough ti swallow.

I mean walking around as a T-Rex and kicking the **** out of some chain chomps? Hell yes.