Video Games

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:28 am

Date Lindsey Vonn, duh. :lol:

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Finished up Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. I'm a huge fan of classic isometric RPGs, so I'm naturally predisposed to like games like this. That said, I think this was a really good game. The story is interesting, the controls and gameplay are good, and it offers a lot of gameplay (I spent a little over 100 hours total). There are a number of places where the story branches, so there are opportunities for replay. I'll probably come back to it later and run again. If anyone here likes games like Baldur's Gate and Tyranny, you should like this game. I understand it's also close to what the first two Fallout games were like.

I would advise that out of the various categories of weapons, by far the two most useful are assault rifles and sniper rifles. Melee weapons would be after those two. Handguns, shotguns, and energy weapons don't compete in terms of damage they do. In the endgame, my main sniper was doing more damage with a single shot than my handgunner character would do with four or five shots (which would make sense on the real world). I was playing on the regular difficulty setting, and ammo wasn't all that rare, so having multiple characters using the same ammo isn't that big of a deal. You can have up to seven team members, and if I play through again I'd probably have three with sniper rifles, three with assault rifles, and a melee character to thump enemies that manage to close in.

Here's a quick IGN review of the original version of the game. Among other improvements, the Director's Cut version fixed the bugs and added in more voice acting:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Took at 3 dudes in a hallway last night on Fortnite using multiple shotguns. Landed at the building and managed to only find 3 shotguns, put them to good use.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/originalcashew/video/54283875

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 pm

I watching my kids play Fortnite a couple of nights ago...the bunny hopping and shotguns at close range is annoying...but effective.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:32 pm

I watching my kids play Fortnite a couple of nights ago...the bunny hopping and shotguns at close range is annoying...but effective.
I can tell when I come across a Fortnite player in PUBG. They immediately start hopping around when I shoot at them. I hope they keep it up. Makes for an easy kill.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Shotgunning definitely gets annoying. I prefer mid to long range battles. I'm fairly decent with snipes so I put 1 or 2 down then run in and finish the squad.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:29 am

I see the NES mini is back in stock today, are these things worth it or would you be better off getting a raspberry pi box?

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 am

I snagged an NES classic this morning.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:35 am

was down to the final 2 this AM in solo and missed a jump pad and killed myself. very disappoint

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 am

My two kids got their first duo win together a couple of nights ago. Our gaming cave is a FROG, and I thought the house was going to explode. :lol:

Still waiting for that BFV alpha key...another batch going out this morning.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 pm

I see the NES mini is back in stock today, are these things worth it or would you be better off getting a raspberry pi box?
Well, I just went and grabbed one on my lunch break. Thanks guys.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:32 pm

@nocera how are you liking that new PUBG map? I've heard positive reviews

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Well, I just went and grabbed one on my lunch break. Thanks guys.
I'm getting mine shipped from best buy since I'm busy all weekend, but was quick and easy to order from their website this morning when I woke up.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:51 pm

@nocera how are you liking that new PUBG map? I've heard positive reviews
I haven't played the new PC map since I only play on Xbox, but I can't wait for that. It's a smaller jungle map that looks more fast paced than the others.

Xbox recently got the desert map and it's okay. The biggest issue is that it's too big with a rough terrain which makes traveling across the map difficult. It's nearly impossible to survive if the safe zone is on the other side of the map and you don't find a car. Aside from that, it's not nearly as optimized as the original map, so early game I end up having to wait for buildings to load and suffer through at least 30-45 seconds of rubber banding and lag. If I happen to drop at the same place as a One X user, I'm screwed. If they get that fix and add more vehicles, I would like it a lot more. As it stands, I usually play it once or twice if it comes up. After that, I'll quit to lobby and hope for the old map the next time.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:21 pm

I have no desire to get one of those minis. If I am ever so inclined, I'll go the pi route and get all the games I want plus whatever controller suits me as opposed to a closed off 30 game unit with controller cables that are too short.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:51 pm

I have no desire to get one of those minis. If I am ever so inclined, I'll go the pi route and get all the games I want plus whatever controller suits me as opposed to a closed off 30 game unit with controller cables that are too short.
I still have a working NES...buyingthe NES classic is just more cause it's a cool little collector thing that has some games on it. It will sit on a shelf next to the snes classic lol.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Got a Battlefield V alpha invite.

Game runs like PowerPoint on my minimum specs rig (AMD 8350, R9 390 GPU)...but I'll need to tweak the settings a bit. Gunplay felt nice in the five minutes I played this afternoon. Good stuff.

Now I need to start working on upgrading that PC.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:45 pm

In every post or Reddit thread I’ve ever seen about the NES/SNES Classic, there’s always that one comment about raspberry pi. You win this time, wicked.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:35 pm

In every post or Reddit thread I’ve ever seen about the NES/SNES Classic, there’s always that one comment about raspberry pi. You win this time, wicked.
Sweet. What do I win?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:08 am

Finished my season journey already in Diablo... Despite my Crusader not even being in the galaxy of dps that my Monk had last season, it all still came together in just over a couple weeks. I tried a few of the things not expecting to succeed and still did.

Less than half my gear is ancient (although most importantly, my weapon is), only the one augment required for the journey... Only in the mid 500s paragon wise... no problem apparently.

I'll never know how fast my Monk might have completed the journey thanks to the bug that took them 2 months to fix on console last season, but took just over 2 weeks for this one.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Sweet. What do I win?
I’ll sell you my NES Classic for $200.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:30 am

Landed my longest head shot with a sniper in Fortnite. 249 meters with a green hunting rifle. Landed a matching distance shot with a thermal scoped AR last week.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IdealisticAdm ... mobile.mp4

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am

The BFV alpha was interesting. Doesn’t feel like a BF game, at all. Very low TTK. Lots of gameplay changes between previous versions like no RNG accuracy, no spotting enemies for the most part, very limited ammo and no auto health regen. You really need a good squad to play well, which is tough with randos online. I really struggled playing, but it ran so poorly for me, that I’m hoping the full game + and PC upgrade will help the learning curve.

Are there any BF PC players on the ol’ FAF.com? Maybe we could team up and dominate.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Spent the last week or so playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, which is a pixel-style platformer game. It was originally released for the Nintendo DS. I did a 100% completion of the game in about 10 hours, so it's not overly long. I found it to be a well-designed and fun game, and I plan on picking up the other games in the series. The only minor quibble I had was that the platforming challenges in the final dungeon area were much harder than in the rest of the game, and some of them were nasty to the point that the phrase "platforming hell" came to mind. While there were some tough jumps to make earlier in the game, that last part cranked up the difficulty to the point where it was reminding me of the White Palace in Hollow Knight, which is practically the dictionary definition of "platforming hell."

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Finally beat the 4th divine beast in Zelda