Video Games

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Oh... was wondering if there'd be a new game mode. I <3 rumble.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Plus no more garbage non-standard arenas in competitive mode. Oh and transparent goal posts...finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9PVx153Zo

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Between Destiny 2, Battlefront II in November and this in the spring, my next 12+ months are pretty much set as far as non-sports games go.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Plus no more garbage non-standard arenas in competitive mode. Oh and transparent goal posts...finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9PVx153Zo
Thanks. All looks good to me.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Source of the post Oh and transparent goal posts...finally.
They are pretty good at integrating the small stuff. They need to get on custom quick chat though.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:43 pm

More mobile phone-esque - but I'm back on that Roller Coaster Tycoon binge. It's all I've played while on the toilet or at work throughout the day.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Update is live but servers are down. Well done.

count2infinity

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Just finished the download. Fantastic timing on servers being down.

count2infinity

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Servers went back up and my first game: solo vs some dude that was wayyyyyyyyyy better than me. He got up 3-0 right away and then he started just goofing around. I got to 3-2 and he started playing again. I got lucky and scored to tie it with a few seconds left and then got lucky again in OT. Don't get cocky, folks.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Holy sht...time to go back and play RDR again. Legit hyped for that game.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:21 am

I'll have to give RDR a shot again. Couldn't get into it last time. I think I got bored somewhere around the part where you have to wrangle a wild horse.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 am

The Rocket League update is awesome and actually seems to be free of bugs, at least on Xbox. The transparent goalposts make a huge difference.

Also, I played a crazy game of NHL 18 online vs last night. Was down 3-0, came back to tie it at 3. Opponent scored two quick ones to make it 5-3 but I ended up tying it back up with less than a minute left in regulation. It took 3 overtimes, but I eventually won it off a Crosby one-timer. I'm so glad they went to continuous OT for online play.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am

In case you didn't think a woman can hold a long and silent grudge for over a decade, I had this exchange with my wife last night:

*showed her the Ace Combat 7 trailer*
Me: "I'm really excited for this, I can't wait! I rarely say that about any game."
Wife: "Oh, isn't that the game I bought you and you never played?"
Me: "What?"
Wife: "I paid a lot of money for that and I you didn't play it much."
Me: "Are you crazy?"
Wife: "You never played it."
Me: "..."
Me: "The Unsung War came out in 2004."
Wife: "Okay."

She's right, I didn't like The Unsung War as much as Shattered Skies. Truthfully I didn't remember at all that she bought The Unsung War for me; was shocked she even remembered any of them.

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 am

Pwned

CBear3

Video Games

Postby CBear3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Thats awesome. I mean, not for you...but awesome.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:03 pm

In case you didn't think a woman can hold a long and silent grudge for over a decade, I had this exchange with my wife last night:

Me: "I'm really excited for this, I can't wait! I rarely say that about any game."

She's right, I didn't like The Unsung War as much as Shattered Skies. Truthfully I didn't remember at all that she bought The Unsung War for me; was shocked she even remembered any of them.
Did you even consider the emotional labor that she had to deal with?

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:30 pm

I was previously unaware that Battlefront II will actually have a single player campaign. Now I have a reason to be interested in the game.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 am

Did you even consider the emotional labor that she had to deal with?

:lol:

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:32 am

Apologies if posted.... The original Fallout is free to purchase until midnight tonight in the Steam store. 20 year anniversary of the release date

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Definitely grabbing that. Thanks for the tip.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:09 am

Regarding Forza Motorsport 7, I asked for and received a full refund of $106.99.

I've been complaining, as I do, but I *really* did want to like this title. I bought a whole new gaming rig just for this game (yes, I'll use it for iRacing, but that's a different level of commitment that I don't have resources for right now).

It looks good, I'll give them that.

My complaints are, in approximate order:

The AI is impossible, just stab you in the ass bad.
The access to cars is bad. It's not tied to credits or anything, just arbitrary experience points. It's all very forced.
The cars don't handle well. I was losing the back end of a '95 Mustang Cobra R at 45mph coming out of a very easy turn at VIR.
The tracks are okay, but this was the moment that ended it for me: if you drive their version of VIR they put up tire walls in impossibly difficult places. They terminate about 10 feet from the side of the track and are perpendicular to the track. They place them at the end of turns on the outside so you get collected by them for small mistakes. I've been on VIR, I know they're not there and they would never put them there. Going off into a field is punitive enough, it shouldn't end my session.

To put it shortly, this is an arcade game and not anything close to a sim. I have other racing arcade games. I was doing my last laps and realized that I will lose full interest in about two more days and never touch it again, so I asked for a refund before too long went by. Not sure what I'm going to do moving forward if I'm honest.

If you hate this as well and want a refund, you can get one at https://support.xbox.com/ by clicking the Live Chat support option and just asking for it. They're not legally obligated to give you one, but they have been issuing them no questions asked. It took 8 minutes. Props to them for that.

Good luck to those that stick with it. I'm sure it's a great game if you find the right way to use it.

CBear3

Video Games

Postby CBear3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 am

Well, that's scathing.
Glad I went with Fifa18 first. I also haven't heard too many good things about PC2.

And maybe now we have to cut tif's boys some slack.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am

Battlefront 2 open beta this weekend for all platforms.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:03 am

It's not really scathing, Turn 10 made choices for the franchise that are inconsistent with the lineage of the game and people are reacting very badly to it and they need to own that reaction. There are lots of examples, but the one that really sticks out is that they changed how VIP status works without telling people. It used to be VIP got you 2x CR modifier for the life of the game, now they limited it to 25 races. This is because they've come up with a 'mod card' system of boosting CR that requires collecting various trading cards and applying them to races. They misrepresented this so badly they had to change the product description in the store and I think it's the reason they're being so easy with the refund process, lots of people are really pissed. They also have Loot Crates now that you have to unlock with that CR. They're trying to create an in-game economy that is much stricter than any Forza game before and anything that PC or GT have offered. The VIP really pissed people off, Google it, my rant is not an isolated one by any chance. They kind of screwed themselves in a way. They VIPs got Early Access to the game and many are finding it to be awful. Many are asking for refunds and spreading the word so pre-order folks are cancelling their orders as well. They courted the most hardcore people in their userbase and then pissed them off by offering a softened product, it's a misstep on their part.

This guys rant is mostly about betrayal, but he has valid points: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... tment.aspx

The bottom line is that Turn 10 decided to take FM7 in a direction more towards arcade to reach a wider base. The cars don't even have different tire compounds, including wet tires. Yet they added some visually stunning weather dynamics. Stuff like that happens all over the sim.

My problem with GT:S isn't the in-game progression model (I hope, geeze, that would suck if they're taking the microtransaction route) it's the fact that Polyphony Digital spent 4 years developing their PS4 offering and they came up with the smallest game they've made since the very first one for PSX. They invented car collecting and then when they launched this latest game, with 20% of the normal amount of cars, they chastised their fans for not focusing on racing and caring too much about car collecting.

Anyway, I do hope that I having torched our friend in GT:S land so badly he's revoked his offer. ;) That said I already had Project Cars 2 on my list to pick up later in the year. Now that I don't have FM7 any more and got my full refund I will probably just renew my iRacing sub and pick up PC2 for PS4 and have some pocket change left over. PC2 was already going to be the better than FM7 in the simulation department I just didn't expect it to be so drastic of a gap.