Video Games

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 am

@NTP66 this clip is just silly. You're next.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:26 am

lol, I saw that. The guy is a former pro Halo player, so it doesn't surprise me too much.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:41 pm

Been working on FFV.

The game itself is pretty cool and the job system is a massive improvement over 3.

However going for the platinum... Kinda sucks.

The big issue is the blue magic spells. Unlike normal spells, these are not bought or found... You get them by having a blue mage (or someone with the blue mave's Learn ability equipped get hit with the spell in battle.

This isn't bad in some cases, but others require very specific situations to learn... One enemy requires you to use an ether on them because they have no MP to use the skill. Some require you to take control of the enemy and then use the skill against your mage.

The absolute worst require you to be on a specific level (multiple of 5 for example)..

I may have to replay this at some point just for fun w/o going for all the skills... Likely to be way more enjoyable.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:00 pm

Finished up Hades. That was a really fun game. Pleasant surprise. Gotta find a new one this weekend to start. I have Metroid Dread and Zelda BoTW II on the docket.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:05 pm

Starting to enjoy RDR2... At first I was hating it. The controls are weird and the story was moving at a snail's pace. But it's getting better now that I'm starting to figure out the game controls.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:16 pm

I just jumped back into it as well. Hard to believe it's 5 years old.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:56 pm

Just figured out when I tried to save season progress in NHL 95 (then 96, 97 etc) that all the CR2032 batteries are dead in those cartridges. Not surprising I guess. I ordered some tab replacements and a soldering iron since I don't think I have one and am going to do some open cart surgery so I can play through seasons again in those old Sega games.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:11 pm

Just figured out when I tried to save season progress in NHL 95 (then 96, 97 etc) that all the CR2032 batteries are dead in those cartridges. Not surprising I guess. I ordered some tab replacements and a soldering iron since I don't think I have one and am going to do some open cart surgery so I can play through seasons again in those old Sega games.
I played my old zelda cart like 10 years ago and the battery was still good and I could save. I need to give that a whirl again. I wonder how many of my 650+ original NES games actually still work.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:55 pm

I played my old zelda cart like 10 years ago and the battery was still good and I could save. I need to give that a whirl again. I wonder how many of my 650+ original NES games actually still work.
Most of my NES ones still save...like Zelda. Super Mario World on SNES still saves to this day with what appears to be the original battery in it. Not sure why the sega sports games all have failed. Fun little project at least.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:59 pm

I always hated how those EA cartridges looked different from the others with that yellow tab. Probably not why it failed but just wanted to point that out

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:36 pm

Turns out that yellow tab ended up having no function and they kept it because kids assumed it was there because of some fancy tech inside that Nintendo didn't have.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:59 pm

Cool video going over the history of the yellow tab.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:31 pm

Escape from Tarkov is the most in depth FPS I’ve played in the last 3 years. It’s been in alpha/beta for the last 7 years. Rumors of a 1.0 release coming in December. They put out their first ever how-to vid today-explaining the gameplay and game mechanics.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:41 pm

Still inundated with hackers? I quit playing it exclusively because of that.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:47 pm

I havnt been killed by a hacker this wipe. You can now see a players stats in the death screen. You can see things like hours played, survival rate, and KD. The time to kill is so small, and some absolute no life sweatlords can make it seem like ya die to a cheater most of the time.
I wouldn’t say it’s packed with cheaters, but they are out there for sure, really no more than other multiplayer games I’ve played before.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:19 am

Anyone play MLB The Show on XBox?

Does it have cross-platform play with voice chat? Was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Cincy and we were thinking it would be a pretty brilliant way to hang out virtually if we could play The Show and voice chat. Basically a phone call with a cool distraction to play though. He's on XBox and I'm on PlayStation. (Obviously we could do this with actual phones or Zoom or whatever but native to the application would be nice).

When you play cross platform can you be on the same team? Playing on the same team with one person as the pitcher and the other the catcher would be neat until it got tedious (I usually play third base). :lol:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:43 am

Anyone play MLB The Show on XBox?

Does it have cross-platform play with voice chat? Was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Cincy and we were thinking it would be a pretty brilliant way to hang out virtually if we could play The Show and voice chat. Basically a phone call with a cool distraction to play though. He's on XBox and I'm on PlayStation. (Obviously we could do this with actual phones or Zoom or whatever but native to the application would be nice).

When you play cross platform can you be on the same team? Playing on the same team with one person as the pitcher and the other the catcher would be neat until it got tedious (I usually play third base). :lol:
I don't know if there's an in-game chat feature but both systems support Discord chat. Discord works natively on Xbox and the PS user can link through the Discord app

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:46 am

Thanks!

It looks like Discord, of all **** things, is going to be the PS5 systems seller for me. :lol:

I used to do a winter racing league once a week where about 10 of us would get together and race and just voice chat and have a good few hours of catching up. But I didn't move on to PS5 and the league moved on.

I'm organizing something similar with The Show, I think it's going to be awesome.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:34 am

Discord chat on XSX is way cleaner than Party chat or game chat (for Halo). The native integration update from last year was a huge W.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:35 pm

Woof. That comes after this:
Star Wars Outlaws' $110 and $130 editions prompt a collective sigh from potential players tired of season passes and ill-advised early access periods
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/st ... s-periods/

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm

Gray zone warfare is doing a closed alpha. This will be an instant buy for me once it hits early access.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:41 pm

A while back I almost pulled the trigger on an old Nintendo/mario wooden chest I had as a kid, but I held off.

Recently I found one in great shape on eBay. Added it to my watchlist waited a day or two and got an offer of 50$ off which covered the shipping basically so I pulled the trigger.

This is like my holy grail piece and it’s in about as good of shape as you could ask for after 35 years. Hopefully it doesn’t get damaged in transit.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:45 pm

A while back I almost pulled the trigger on an old Nintendo/mario wooden chest I had as a kid, but I held off.

Recently I found one in great shape on eBay. Added it to my watchlist waited a day or two and got an offer of 50$ off which covered the shipping basically so I pulled the trigger.

This is like my holy grail piece and it’s in about as good of shape as you could ask for after 35 years. Hopefully it doesn’t get damaged in transit.
I think I know exactly what you’re talking about. Is it white? I still have the WWF version of that same trunk.
(Not my photo but same chest)

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:02 pm

I think I know exactly what you’re talking about. Is it white? I still have the WWF version of that same trunk.
(Not my photo but same chest)
Yes it’s white.

Easier just to post the eBay link since in I’m my phone….they dropped the price to 249$ so I went for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276415125822

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 pm

Yeah that’s it. Condition looks great. Wait til you pop it open and are hit in the face with the sensory memory of that pressed wood smell.