Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:53 pm

You had both Genesis and SNES growing up, eddy? Okay money bags.
Haha, far from it, I think I got it a few years after it released. My aunt got me the Sega for my birthday, it was a complete surprise to everyone. I still remember being in Notre Dame (vs PSU 1992 snow bowl) for a football game and opening it and my aunt got hooked on Sonic and didn't end up coming to the game

CBear3

Video Games

Postby CBear3 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:22 pm

Atari 2600 - Parents still have
Intellivision
NES - Sister still has
Gameboy - I still have
SNES - I still have
Playstation 1 - I still have
Playstation 2
Xbox
Xbox 360 - I still have (2)

College Graduation

Playstation 3
Wii
Xbox One
Switch
Xbox SX

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:43 pm

Ahh, forgot about my Atari 2600, so I can add that to the list.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:11 pm

Intellivision
Nes
Sega genesis
Gameboy

College

Snes
486 PC
N64
PlayStation 1(modded)
Pentium 3 pc
Dreamcast
Xbox
Intel Imac (dual boot winxp for gaming)
GBAdvance folder
NintendoDS(modded)
Wii(modded)
iPhone mobile gaming
Ps3
Xbone

Now I’m on a 2.5 year old gaming pc still going pretty strong. AM4 Ryzan 5 5600x and 3070 gpu.
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to console.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm

Anyone ever wall mount a console?
My PS4 is mounted behind my TV and is completely hidden from view.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about (minus the RGB overdose in the product video).

Pre-pandemic we shared an office space, and in this house it was the larger of the two spare bedrooms; the smaller one was reserved as a guest room. Well, about two years ago we had to lose the dedicated spare bedroom so we could each have private offices, and I took over the space that used to be the shared office and we nixed the spare bedroom in favor of Mrs Tif's office. But my space still had two desks (my work and rec areas). So I suggested consolidating my stuff down to one desk, and converting the room back to multi-use by adding either a day bed+trundle or a Murphy cabinet. (In our nearly 20 years together, we've had guests stay the night a grand total of less than three weeks combined, including one entire week my mom came out to visit.... we don't need a permanently staged guest room.) And since I'm moving two computers and a PS4Pro down to one desk+display, I was curious how much flat space I could free up by wall mounting stuff. I was also looking into a bracket to mount it to the side of a file cabinet, but I don't think I like that option as much.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:32 pm

ColecoVision was the only console I ever had prior to buying a PS2. I've been in the latter console ecosystem ever since.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm

It's funny, when I was looking for a console, I was going to get either a PS5 or XSX depending on what was available first. After doing so, I'm glad I did, because I just don't like the Sony controllers compared to the Xbox controllers.
You ever look at aftermarket controllers? Before we moved to SF the company I worked for (PDP) was one of the leading accessory manufacturers, and I used their PS3 controllers pretty much exclusively for like 3 or 4 years. Had larger...... nubs? for your hands, and the profile around the triggers was different. I never really had any issue with the PS4 controllers (and I have like 6 of the 1st party units), but I haven't jumped into the current gen yet. If I don't like the 1st party controller, I'll probably either get a PDP or a Razer.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:46 pm

It's funny, when I was looking for a console, I was going to get either a PS5 or XSX depending on what was available first. After doing so, I'm glad I did, because I just don't like the Sony controllers compared to the Xbox controllers.
You ever look at aftermarket controllers? Before we moved to SF the company I worked for (PDP) was one of the leading accessory manufacturers, and I used their PS3 controllers pretty much exclusively for like 3 or 4 years. Had larger...... nubs? for your hands, and the profile around the triggers was different. I never really had any issue with the PS4 controllers (and I have like 6 of the 1st party units), but I haven't jumped into the current gen yet. If I don't like the 1st party controller, I'll probably either get a PDP or a Razer.
No, but only because I couldn’t actually try them out in person to see how they were. I like the offset sticks on the Xbox controllers more than the symmetrical ones on the PS controllers. I play on an Elite 2, and require paddles.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:51 pm

NES
Genesis
PS1
N64
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Xbox 360
Wii
Xbox One
Xbox Series X

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:33 pm

NeoGeo! That’s it!

Haven't heard that name in a long time. I remember that thing being extremely expensive. The system was the better part of a grand, and games were like $200 each in 1990, which would be around $475 in today's money. I never knew anyone that actually owned one.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:44 pm

Atari 2600
NES
Gameboy
Genesis

Gamecube
Wii
DS
PS3
3DS
PS4
Switch
PS5

Started playing more PC games for awhile there before eventually getting back into consoles.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:48 am

My parents were very much "vidya games will rot your brain" and so we missed the first generation of consoles, although I had friends that had them all and I got play a variety of systems. I remember a friend of mine that had the Sears knockoff Intellivision with a talking B-17 Bomber game.

That being said, I've made up ground over the years:

IBM PC - we played text based games on this like The Hobbit. I don't think it could "do" games with graphics. Green monochrome monitor FTL
Apple IIgs - an excellent game machine. Games had little to no copy protection, so if you had two floppy drives, you could copy game easily. We used to do this in our elementary and middle school computer labs lol
NES - my older brother bought this for us out of the blue.
PC Gaming - this has been my main jam since the mid-1990s.
PS3
Wii
PS4
Switch
PS5

My kids had 3DSes, but I never really used them much. I loved how you could do local play on certain games like Mario Kart. They had one copy, but could play each other in the car. Good times on one of our earliest family road trips to Florida.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:54 am

NES
Sega Genesis
N64
PS1
PS2
Xbox One
Xbox Series X

I'm not counting handhelds in this exercise

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:01 am

Source of the post We used to do this in our elementary and middle school computer labs lol
Odell Lake and Oregon Trail. Good memories.

Beveridge

Video Games

Postby Beveridge » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:08 am

Source of the post We used to do this in our elementary and middle school computer labs lol
My parents are on a river cruise out west and went to the Dalles in Oregon. My dad informed me when he got there that this was the end of the Oregon Trail. I informed him I was quite aware as I have made it there many times. He was not amused.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:11 am

:lol:

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:16 am

We had Odell Down Under, where you could start as a small fish and eventually work your way to being a shark by eating things smaller than you and not dying to predators/poisonous things.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:17 am

We had Odell Down Under, where you could start as a small fish and eventually work your way to being a shark by eating things smaller than you and not dying to predators/poisonous things.
That looks like a more modern version of Odell Lake.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:20 am

We weren't allowed on the computers until all of our work was done so there was never enough time to actually complete Oregon Trail. The bell typically rang around Soda Springs. Actually, if anybody has a link to an emulator of the og Oregon Trail Macintosh game, I have some unfinished business to take care of.

Beveridge

Video Games

Postby Beveridge » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:22 am

We had Oregon Trail, but my memories are more Hot Dog Stand and Gizmos and Gadgets - heck all those Super Solver games were great. Midnight Rescue, Treasure Mountain...

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:22 am

Source of the post Actually, if anybody has a link to an emulator of the og Oregon Trail Macintosh game, I have some unfinished business to take care of.
https://jamesfriend.com.au/pce-js/mecc/ ... trail.html

Beveridge

Video Games

Postby Beveridge » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:25 am

We weren't allowed on the computers until all of our work was done so there was never enough time to actually complete Oregon Trail. The bell typically rang around Soda Springs. Actually, if anybody has a link to an emulator of the og Oregon Trail Macintosh game, I have some unfinished business to take care of.
They sold a handheld game at Target for like $20 a few years ago. Just like playing the computer game. Great between periods activity.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:29 am

Source of the post Actually, if anybody has a link to an emulator of the og Oregon Trail Macintosh game, I have some unfinished business to take care of.
Why can't I enter my name?

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:30 am

Dunno, worked for me on Firefox?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:31 am

Dunno, worked for me on Firefox?
Oh, I'm on mobile trying