Video Games

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:38 am

Amazon has a Forza Horizon bundle for $559. Probably going to buy that.
Do you have a Target Red card? They have the same bundle for the same price, and you'd save 5% - assuming it's in stock locally to you (it is for me). That'd save you $28.

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x- ... nk=sametab

Edit: The Target in Greensburg has 1 in stock...

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:43 am

I don't, but I do have some Amazon gift cards loaded, so I'll end up saving more than that. :thumb:

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:45 am

I don't, but I do have some Amazon gift cards loaded, so I'll end up saving more than that. :thumb:
Ah, okay, that works, too.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:56 am

I wish PS5s were more readily avaliable so that I can play Forbidden West, but oh well. Got Starfield and Jedi Survivor to look forward to.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:08 am

Ps5's seem to be available around me pretty frequently now.

Check Sony's site they are on there daily at this point.

I just checked 5 targets near me and all had some available for pickup.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:14 am

Also I was playing goldeneye last night....**** the control center man. Spent like an hour plus on it and I can't keep Natalya alive. Damn near tossed the N64 controller.
Last edited by skullman80 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:28 am

Played the dam board yesterday on bond. Beat it on all 3 difficulties and got the paintball cheat. It a few play throughs to get used to the controls. That's going to take some time.

Man it brought back memories

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:33 am

Welp, just ordered a PS5 for pickup at Target. What's the first game to get to show me it's worth it?

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:47 am

Welp, just ordered a PS5 for pickup at Target. What's the first game to get to show me it's worth it?
God of War Ragnarok or Horizon Zero Dawn IMO. Can't go wrong with either.

Spider Man: Miles Morales is also a good show off of the system but it's pretty short GOW and HZD are both long games to sink your teeth into.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 am

Also don't sleep on Astros playroom that is pre-installed on the system it's a great way to get used to the new controller features and it's actually really fun.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am

Spider Man: Miles Morales is also a good show off of the system but it's pretty short GOW and HZD are both long games to sink your teeth into.
Those are the two that keep coming up, along with Forbidden West. Miles Morales is on plus, along with Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon's Souls (to see if I have any desire to play Elden Ring), and Deathloop.

I figured it was finally time to upgrade, with Hogwarts Legacy and the EA golf game coming soon. I'm excited, but hate spending money on myself, so this is bitter sweet. :?

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:39 am

Who were the FAF Battlefielders? Anyone try the latest patch, where they brought back classes? I've been playing regularly anyway, and the classes are a nice change of pace - back to what the game is known for. Such a bizarre decision to remove them in the first place, but I guess they wanted to sell character skins.

Although it's far from being a great game, fun can be had. I finished my PC upgrade - Ryzen 7600X is the main upgrade - and man, does that CPU crush the game. Actually getting close to my capped FPS of 144hz on the 128 player modes. I only got to play for about an hour last night, but it seemed I could evade enemy fire a little better. With my old PC, it seemed like it had trouble keeping up with incoming damage, and it felt like I was getting hit and dying instantly. The 4-5 year old Ryzen 2600 just could handle 64 or 128 players doing their thing. Last night, I would get hit a few times and find cover or return fire. Kind of nice.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:44 am

Those are the two that keep coming up, along with Forbidden West. Miles Morales is on plus, along with Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon's Souls (to see if I have any desire to play Elden Ring), and Deathloop.

I figured it was finally time to upgrade, with Hogwarts Legacy and the EA golf game coming soon. I'm excited, but hate spending money on myself, so this is bitter sweet. :?
Ghost of Tsushima is an absolute must play as well. It's fantastic.

I only mentioned the sequels but there is just God of War and Horizon Forbidden West if you want to play them in order before Ragnarok and Zero Dawn.

Either way you have some awesome games to play through.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:22 am

Also I was playing goldeneye last night....**** the control center man. Spent like an hour plus on it and I can't keep Natalya alive. Damn near tossed the N64 controller.
I remember trying to stand in about 20 different spots trying to beat that level.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:40 pm

Ordered the Forza bundle a couple hours ago. I've no real interest in playing the game, so I figured I'll sign up for Game Pass when it comes in. They have it for $1 for the first month right now.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:41 pm

It's also included in GamePass... :D

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:42 pm

Forza is fun for a little bit, but with a controller, I'm not sure I could play it for more than a few hours at a time. It just gets a little boring. If I had a steering wheel, etc. I might feel otherwise. Plenty of stuff on GamePass, though, which reminds me - check out https://gamepassport.net

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 pm

I only mentioned the sequels but there is just God of War and Horizon Forbidden West if you want to play them in order before Ragnarok and Zero Dawn.

Zero Dawn comes before Forbidden West ;)

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:32 pm

Zero Dawn comes before Forbidden West ;)
Haha oops my bad.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:46 pm

Also don't sleep on Astros playroom that is pre-installed on the system it's a great way to get used to the new controller features and it's actually really fun.
Played this for a fair bit earlier. The controller is amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be any type of a huge upgrade, but I was wrong. Downloaded Jedi Fallen Order and Returnal to try. Pretty psyched to dive in.

Also didn't realize that I can use the same external drive as my ps4 for storage, which is awesome.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:42 pm

I'm somewhere between halfway and 2/3 of the way through the Fallen Order campaign. It is tons of fun. Parts are lifted wholesale out of Uncharted - "Use the Force, Nate!" - but that's okay.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm

I grabbed fallen order as well. Not into star wars but into those types of games do figured I'd give it a shot since it was free.

Also really digging Sonic Frontiers the more I play it

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:08 am

:lol:

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 am

I have been getting a bunch of YT suggestions like that one--the last one I saw had Frank Drebin in a game. This is gold :lol:

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Finished Fallen Order, now off to try and 100% it. The final hour of the campaign felt pretty rushed, but it was otherwise quite a fun time playing this game. Excited for the sequel later this year, which I probably won't play until 2025 or so.