Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Shyster

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby Shyster » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:18 pm

"You'll get more benefit from F1 than F1 will get from you" -- Alpine has been in F1 for a few years now, and I honestly don't know what it is. Is it a Renault brand? Is it a completely separate thing? I have no idea.

Based off the team's performance in Bahrain, I'd say it's a bag of dog s**t.

Seriously, Alpine might be in the running with Toyota for "most pathetic works team from a major auto manufacturer in the 21st century."

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:29 am

I agree that the cost cap and in-season testing restrictions are anathema to what I've always understood Formula One was supposed to be.

But the rules are the same for everybody. It's not the responsibility of the sport to help make teams competitive. Cleaning up airflow isn't going to close the gap to a team that's building cars that get 1km up the road and start sandbagging. Copying? Red Bull is copying Merc's engine cover design from last year.... that Merc itself couldn't make work after the failed no-pod concept. It's not the governing body's responsibility to help teams do their jobs properly.
Last edited by tifosi77 on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:42 am

Toyota, such a funny thing. They had more actual cash on hand - like, in a checking account - than all of the teams at the time were spending on F1 combined. Their resources were, in practical terms, limitless. If they had possessed even a single clue, it's possible they would still be willing today. lol