tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:04 pm

http://crashstappen.com/

Heh, 'Crash Musthappen'

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 am

The Lewis Hamilton GP from Lewis Hamilton Motorsports Park presented by the Lewis Hamilton Broadcast Network with special (sad) commentary brought to you by Lewis Hamilton was surprisingly entertaining.

Not a bad race for Silverstone. Very unsurprised there were enough safety cars to propel Lewis Hamilton back to the podium, was legit surprised they were actually for real incidents. Hard hits.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:41 pm

I put this here because it's an FIA sanctioned event and I don't think anyone in the Video Games thread will care.

This is how I was disqualified from the Gran Turismo: Sport FIA Manufacturers Race on Saturday. These are events that you have to run within a 3 hour window on a particular day and you prepare for it for three days, it's not just a quick join lobby. You get one chance to run the race per round.

Started the race in 12th and really just wanted to hold position. Was doing decent in that regard except on my pit in lap I spun and gave up a few spots that I had been holding. Got a few of them back and spent two laps tracking a guy down that I had passed earlier in the race, he was the last one I could realistically get as we were on lap 10 of 11. Then this **** happens:

I ultimately DQ'd because once I was bogged down in the sand I threw my controller across the room, an exceedingly rare reaction from me but I was pretty pissed. The best I could've did was last place as the cars that you see battling during the spin were the back of the pack. I was really pissed because despite not liking the track I practiced for hours and my race was completely shitcanned by that asshat.

Usually the game makes erratic drivers that are slow or offline a 'ghost' in most conditions, I still slowed to increase my chances of getting through his off. But the game opted not to ghost him and allowed him to torpedo me.

Not impressed.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm

What the actual tits?

That sucks. "Here, allow me to rejoin perpendicular to the circuit. That will go well, I'm sure."

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm

You following the Santino Ferrucci stuff? Dude got caught texting and driving an F2 car. He's Crash Musthappen on coke.
FIA has suspended him for 2 weekends (four races) after he:

- deliberately ran into his teammate in the cooldown lap in race 2
- decided not to attend hearing after being summoned by FIA officials
- ran his teammate off in T4 during race 1
- decided no to attend hearing ater being summoned by FIA officials
- "Having also been observed transitioning from the support paddock to the race pitlane wearing just one glove and holding a phone in his hand by a Technical Delegate, Ferrucci also violated both the Technical and Sporting Regulations for incorrect driver safety equipment and the prohibition of wireless transmission devices within the car. For these transgressions, he has earned a further €6000 in fines."

The team, Tident, has called it their lawyers to terminate Ferrucci's contract because apart from being a **** competitor he is a **** human being. He and his father spent the whole weekend verbally abusing his teammate and family. "Trident intends to show their solidarity and support to @ArjunMaini_ and his family, for the unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him."
Ugly American.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm

At 20 years old, that's parenting influence there. What a turd.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm

24 Hours of Le Mans 1968 - Porsche 907 #66

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Formula E on regular Fox

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Nelson Piquet, Jr. is in this.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Mo Nunn 1938 - 2018

:sad:

Got to meet him a few times, he was a good dude. He's most famous for starting the little Ensign F1 team, and then later being an engineer with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, winning four consecutive CART titles with Jimmy Vasser, Alex Zanardi (2x), and Juan Pablo Montoya. He also engineered (with other teams) for Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi.

Shyster

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 pm

That was a name I heard a whole lot in CART's glory days. RIP.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:31 pm

The one-two punch of Vettel punting himself out of the race and Hamilton not being penalized for what could be the clearest rule in the rulebook might turn me off to the rest of this season. JFC what a shitshow.

FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L, Chapter 4, Article 4 d)
Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is prohibited.
Stewards:
"In deciding on the penalty for the infringement, we took into account the following mitigating factors:
"(i) The driver and the team candidly admitted the mistake and the fact that there was confusion within the team as to whether to stay out or to enter the pits and that led to the infringement.
"(ii) The fact that the infringement took place during a Safety Car period.
"(iii) At no time was there any danger to any other competitor and the change in direction was executed in a safe way.
"Taking all of the above into account, including considering previous infringements of the above rule, we are of the opinion that a reprimand would be the appropriate penalty for the said infringement on this occasion."
The rule draws a literal line and the driver literally drove over said line.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 pm

I do not know how he avoided a penalty for that pitlane nonsense. You could tell even his engineer was like "WTF?!" live in the moment. He was completely apoplectic on the radio. How that's not a penalty is beyond me.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

"[Rule] is prohibited"

Except when it is not, apparently.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

The conspiracy I've heard is that it's a makeup for Vettel exploiting the VSC Pit Lane speed loophole earlier in the season.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm

That can't be a thing. Allow someone to break a rule to offset another driver doing something that is not against the rules? Especially considering Vettel crashed himself out of the race and didn't score any points.

That's not the first time that's happened (the VSC thing) to Hamilton's detriment. If they want to address, fix the bloody wording of the rule to expand the VSC speed limit to also cover the bit between SC lines.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't deny that Mercedes and Hamilton are good at what they do, it makes it 'fun' to hate them from a competitor standpoint. But I swear to god Hamilton has, for years, fell backwards into so many wins thanks to well placed rain, safety cars, competitor misfortune, etc. Last weekend the following had to happen to ensure his win:

Vettel had to fling himself into a wall.
The team had to botch Bottas's pit stop.
Hamilton had to be allowed to violate the rulebook to avoid a pit lane stackup.
Bottas had to be given team orders not to pass.

**** Hamilton.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Unrelated to any of this but there were some REALLY questionable decisions to go on Intermediates by RB and some other teams. One of the TR teams went on full wets. :lol:

I've never liked Hockenheim and this weekend sure didn't help.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:57 pm

I was glad to hear old Kimi on the radio with the team orders silliness. "Do you want me to let him go? Just tell me."

Honestly, it's not that complicated guys. lol

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:58 pm

One of the TR teams went on full wets.
Did they even complete a full lap?

I get it, you need to adopt a crazy strategy to win when you're 2s off pole in the dry. But man, that was wacky.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 pm

They showed onboard of the TR just skipping off into a gravel trap, not sure they completed a circuit or not.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm

*unf*

Targa Florio 1973 #4 Lancia Corse (I) #Lancia Stratos HF, #Ferrari Dino V6 2400 cc Driven by: Sandro Munari (I)/Jean-Claude Andruet (F) Result: 2nd Sponsors: Marlboro LANCIA-ITALIA

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:08 pm

The Stratos, what a thing.

tifosi77

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Two things:

1) Niki Lauda had a lung transplant today, 42 years+1 day after breathing fire at the Nürburgring. Impressive reliability.

2) In keeping with that, this video by Jimmy Broadbent popped onto my YouTube feed today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6kST73PWM&[/youtube]

(I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't embed YT links anymore.... *sigh*)

What happened is some intrepid modder for Asseto Corsa made a wildly unrealistic car, apparently with the intent of doing a sub-2-minute lap of the Nordschleife. It is a petrol ICE with a jet engine and an energy recovery hybrid that, as a total system, puts out an estimated 700,000 bhp. The physics have been, ehm, 'adjusted' so that the car has the same downforce regardless of speed. The brakes are on-off, as is speed. It's more like a pause button on a video... you just..... stop.

The straight leading back to the end of the lap saw him hit 1,500+ kph on his final lap, which is around 1.2 Mach. Oh, and he did it in VR, so it made him sick.

It had me giggling so hard, it's like an on-board sped up 16x.

dodint

Motorsports (non-NASCAR)

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:57 pm

You have to delete the & from the link, you have one digit too many. You're so close.