Music Thread

shafnutz05

Music Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 am

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 am

@Miami Vice I'm a big fan of the Ibanez neck. It's a pretty versatile instrument as well. I have one without a trem and as much as I want to get myself a Epiphone 339, I can't pull the trigger because I feel like I'd be torn between the two guitars.

Miami Vice

Music Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 am

ive always had Gibsons and Epiphones, so any wider neck is going to be an adjustment. In general I dont like the Ibanez body shapes and colors as much (though that one looks way nicer in person - very deep finish) but I think if I'm going to try getting my scales faster I might as well do it on the widest neck I can.

Miami Vice

Music Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 am

ive always had Gibsons and Epiphones, so any wider neck is going to be an adjustment. In general I dont like the Ibanez body shapes and colors as much (though that one looks way nicer in person - very deep finish) but I think if I'm going to try getting my scales faster I might as well do it on the widest neck I can.

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 am

The neck might be a little wider but it makes up for it with a much flatter neck profile behind. Very easy to move around on.

shafnutz05

Music Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Any other ELO fans here? I just watched the concert at Wembley in 2016, and Jeff Lynne sounds frigging fantastic. They are coming to Philly in August and I am strongly tempted to splurge.

DigitalGypsy66

Music Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:28 pm

I really like Jeff Lynne’s one (?!) solo album, Armchair Theater. Was one of my BMG CD club discs. :lol:

columbia

Music Thread

Postby columbia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:29 pm

His prints are all over that Roy Orbison record he produced.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Music Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 pm

My parents saw ELO live back in the mid-70s and they said the concert was horrendous. Oddly enough J. Geils Band opened for them and were very very good.

columbia

Music Thread

Postby columbia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:31 pm

ELO is entirely a studio thing, so that checks out.

shafnutz05

Music Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm

This is the #1 song on the country charts right now. Literally gun to my head suicide gif right now

Willie Kool

Music Thread

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Given the current demographic, that also checks out.

Miami Vice

Music Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:17 am

The neck might be a little wider but it makes up for it with a much flatter neck profile behind. Very easy to move around on.
I went to Pianos N Stuff where I'd see one of them, and it was gone. They had a similar Jackson but it was for a March Madness give away. Their ESP stock was extremely limited, and I didn't see any other Jackson colors I liked, so I took off.

I went to Guitar Center in Monroeville and they had that Ibanez, but the finish was awful. The stain had run in a couple of places. I saw another RG I really liked. It looked way better than the pictures. And I really did like the way the neck felt. I enjoy everything about a Les Paul but its really weird for my Trump sized fingers to play up high on it. The Ibanez neck was great, EXCEPT the frets were a disaster. Not flush, sharp, just crap. Oh and the action was a joke. It was over half an inch up from the neck down close to the body - I couldnt really do much on it. Then there were scratches all over it and a ding or two.

I found out at Christmas they had that model for sale for $120 off where it was. I'm not sure I would have paid that. If a salesperson there had bothered to see what I was up to I would have told him in consideration of the fact it will need a set up (way more expensive on double locking guitars), fret filing, and has the various finish defects I would offer something low ball. But nobody bothered me.

I meant to hit up Hollowood but completely forgot to on my way home. I know they have a decent Jackson selection there. Maybe this week.

Then Sunday night I stopped at the Robinson Guitar Center. Monroeville had been somewhat remodeled since I was last there 10ish years ago. It looked like a functioning store. Robinson looked like a Kmart. There was nothing interesting there and again nobody bothered to see what I was looking for.

Maybe tonight I'll check out Hollowood and the South Side shop. I'm so picky about colors its impossible to find what I like in stores.

tifosi77

Music Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

I <3 Ibanez guitars.

Miami Vice

Music Thread

Postby Miami Vice » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 pm

this is the model i liked, but it was much more blue in person, i never cared for their strat style guitars (or anyones actually - i must be growing up). but on ibanez's specifically i thought they were too pointly. this one had a nice bevel and binding that gave it a much cooler look plus a reverse headstock

dodint

Music Thread

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

What the hell is an AJR
In all seriousness this is what's getting radio play for them and it's captured me in a vulnerable spot, it's momentarily filling the hole in my soul that I usually stuff with Twenty One Pilots.

Something like 11 of the 13 tracks on the album are a solid listen. It really is post-millennial drivel but it feels good, fam.

Silentom

Music Thread

Postby Silentom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Eh, not for me.

dodint

Music Thread

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Normally me either.

*shrug*

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Music Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 pm

tifosi77

Music Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm

Does anyone use Google Play Music to manage their library? I'm trying to upload some tracks in a new folder for an existing artist in my library, and three of the files uploaded with no problem (although they went into three separate folders in the cloud and I had to hunt two of them down), but the other three won't upload. Only one of them appears in the GMusic Manager app as a failed upload, tagged as "music file missing", but I just played it back locally in Media Monkey, so that file works fine. The other two are absent from the error list. When I drag-and-drop the files manually, I'm prompted with an error message directing me to log into Chrome using the creds for the Play Music account, but I'm already logged in. Logging out and logging back in did not sort the issue. Manually selecting the files via the menu 'upload' option also errors out. And I get the error when I go to Account settings/Music from this computer/Upload your music; the error happens before I even select any files.

Why does Chrome/Play Music hate me so much?

shafnutz05

Music Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:17 pm

The last line in this song is still one of my favorites.

Morkle

Music Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Does anyone use Google Play Music to manage their library? I'm trying to upload some tracks in a new folder for an existing artist in my library, and three of the files uploaded with no problem (although they went into three separate folders in the cloud and I had to hunt two of them down), but the other three won't upload. Only one of them appears in the GMusic Manager app as a failed upload, tagged as "music file missing", but I just played it back locally in Media Monkey, so that file works fine. The other two are absent from the error list. When I drag-and-drop the files manually, I'm prompted with an error message directing me to log into Chrome using the creds for the Play Music account, but I'm already logged in. Logging out and logging back in did not sort the issue. Manually selecting the files via the menu 'upload' option also errors out. And I get the error when I go to Account settings/Music from this computer/Upload your music; the error happens before I even select any files.

Why does Chrome/Play Music hate me so much?
Don't know your answer, but I've completely just shut my physical library down because of the death of waffles.fm and spotify. It's a shame, but I used to take massive pride in obscure stuff and live versions, but now I can't be bothered with it.

Gaucho

Music Thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 am

This thread needs more @columbia and @Factorial.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Music Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:10 am

Yes

DigitalGypsy66

Music Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:03 am

I've enjoyed 95% of the Westworld soundtrack covers, and this is no exception. Released nearly on the 24th anniversary (!) of Cobain's death.