Music Thread

skullman80

Music Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Sevendust is a good band IMO.

faftorial

Music Thread

Postby faftorial » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:55 pm

Killing Joke is nu-metal? Those guys must be well in their 60's now.

Viva la Ben

Music Thread

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:52 pm

The Melvins need to pay their bills man

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:56 pm

Managed to score a ticket to TAB/Goose at RMU from my brother's friend. Hadn't planned on going but really want to see full TAB.

@Kane save me a parking spot pls

eddy

Music Thread

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Managed to score a ticket to TAB/Goose at RMU from my brother's friend. Hadn't planned on going but really want to see full TAB.

@Kane save me a parking spot pls
Are you a fan of this goose band?

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:12 pm

I've heard nothing by them except bits and pieces that pop up in Instagram reels, so I don't really have an answer for that.

The most I've heard about them is when people brigade the Phish subreddit/livestream comments with "Goose is better", so it put me off from buying tickets originally.

Morkle

Music Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:12 am

https://archive.org/details/billystrings2022-11-05.Flac

Billy Pittsburgh show is up. man, that had a little bit of everything. Unreal how talented that group is, Billy taking the guitar to another level. Wargasm, highway hypnosis, hide and seek were straight bangers. It was fun talking with him afterwards. He was genuinely interested how everything went from the stands. Very down to earth and funny. Had a nice chat with the bassist about Lord of the rings. Pretty cool seeing them in their prime as they are blowing up. Can't wait for more shows

Honestly. It was a fantastic show and I’d go see him in a heartbeat.

My only real complaint is that I wished he would have played more of his more known songs, and at least Dust in A Baggie.

But it truly was one of the top shows I’ve ever seen.

eddy

Music Thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:24 am

We've been watching Top Gun Maverick a lot and my 10 year old has been relentlessly practicing the theme on his guitar and now every morning he cranks it to eleven and that's how I start the day. It's incredible

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Music Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:54 pm

Wait, I see Lacuna Coil in there, too. So I found 3 bands I'd listen to.
Deftones and Incubus would probably would be cool, I would definitely watch SOAD and Korn.
Turnstile is a new band that rules, kind of randomly on that chart.

Then there's the for the lol's acts like Papa Roach and Sevendust, didn't see Static X on there, also Spineshank would be fit well with that roster.
Wayne Static has been dead for almost a decade and I don't think they officially named a new singer since his passing.

But I did forget that they briefly had "Xer0" singing for them after he died.
On October 23, 2018, original members Tony Campos, Koichi Fukuda and Ken Jay revealed plans for Static-X to reunite and to release a new album in 2019 called Project Regeneration, which would include previously unreleased tracks with Wayne Static's vocals and guest vocals by David Draiman, Ivan Moody, Dez Fafara, Burton C. Bell, Al Jourgensen, Edsel Dope and others.[2]

The band also embarked on a worldwide tour in 2019 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut album Wisconsin Death Trip as well as a memorial to Wayne Static,[35] featuring an unidentified vocalist named "Xer0" wearing a mask some confused to be that of Wayne Static.[36] This decision received mixed feedback, with some journalists calling it a "creepy Wayne Static cosplay"[37] and "zombie Wayne Static".[13] The band insisted that Static's family gave the band their blessing,[13][38] and Jay noted that it fit Static's "terrifically morbid sense of humour".[13] While Xer0's identity has never been officially revealed, speculation has generally pointed at Dope singer Edsel Dope,[39][40] though Edsel himself has denied this.[41]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static-X# ... 93present)

Troy Loney

Music Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 pm

Wait, I see Lacuna Coil in there, too. So I found 3 bands I'd listen to.
Deftones and Incubus would probably would be cool, I would definitely watch SOAD and Korn.
Turnstile is a new band that rules, kind of randomly on that chart.

Then there's the for the lol's acts like Papa Roach and Sevendust, didn't see Static X on there, also Spineshank would be fit well with that roster.
Wayne Static has been dead for almost a decade and I don't think they officially named a new singer since his passing.

But I did forget that they briefly had "Xer0" singing for them after he died.
On October 23, 2018, original members Tony Campos, Koichi Fukuda and Ken Jay revealed plans for Static-X to reunite and to release a new album in 2019 called Project Regeneration, which would include previously unreleased tracks with Wayne Static's vocals and guest vocals by David Draiman, Ivan Moody, Dez Fafara, Burton C. Bell, Al Jourgensen, Edsel Dope and others.[2]

The band also embarked on a worldwide tour in 2019 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut album Wisconsin Death Trip as well as a memorial to Wayne Static,[35] featuring an unidentified vocalist named "Xer0" wearing a mask some confused to be that of Wayne Static.[36] This decision received mixed feedback, with some journalists calling it a "creepy Wayne Static cosplay"[37] and "zombie Wayne Static".[13] The band insisted that Static's family gave the band their blessing,[13][38] and Jay noted that it fit Static's "terrifically morbid sense of humour".[13] While Xer0's identity has never been officially revealed, speculation has generally pointed at Dope singer Edsel Dope,[39][40] though Edsel himself has denied this.[41]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static-X# ... 93present)
- "here's our roster for the 90's nu-metal mega festival"
- "this guy's dead"
- "well cross him off the list'"

DigitalGypsy66

Music Thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:39 pm

@tifosi77 John Williams alert!!

Gaucho

Music Thread

Postby Gaucho » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:16 pm

I'm moving, yes I'm grooving 'cause my mouth is on the motor
Use the Coast in the morning to avoid the funky odor
Can't help being funky, I'm the funky Abstract brother
Funky in a sense, but I play the undercover
Once had a fetish, fetish for some booty
Now I'm getting funky in my rap and that's my duty
Brothers tend to jock on the style in particular
If you got the ego like some brothers then I'll get with ya

tifosi77

Music Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:49 pm

tifosi77 John Williams alert!!
Aw s**t.................

:thumb: :fist:

I eat stuff like this up. Thanks for the alert.

When I started out my career at EMI, there was a producer there who sort of looked after me. Big hockey fan, would quiz me on the history of the game and such. He sadly passed away unexpectedly, and at the funeral the photo of him was just a shot of him from behind at the front desk signing the visitor log with a big 'Abbey Road' sign over his head.

Gaucho

Music Thread

Postby Gaucho » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm

tifosi77

Music Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 pm

We've been watching Top Gun Maverick a lot and my 10 year old has been relentlessly practicing the theme on his guitar and now every morning he cranks it to eleven and that's how I start the day. It's incredible
Are Steve Stevens and Harold Faltermeyer involved with the sequel?

tifosi77

Music Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:58 pm

Is "Summer of Soul" available where you are? This is from that concert, and the clip in the docu-film thing is amazing.

Gaucho

Music Thread

Postby Gaucho » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:04 pm

Is "Summer of Soul" available where you are? This is from that concert, and the clip in the docu-film thing is amazing.
Just checked, it's on Disney+. Thanks for the heads-up! :thumb:

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:00 am

Alright @Kane, what's the best parking situation tonight if I'm unable to get out there til like 5?

Kane

Music Thread

Postby Kane » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:14 am

Beats me, my ass is out the door by 3pm every day.

If the lots in front of the EC are full, they'll direct you to the gravel lots. If they look sucky, I'd park across the road near Mike and Tony's, grab a gyro, and then walk over.

eddy

Music Thread

Postby eddy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:30 am

Are Steve Stevens and Harold Faltermeyer involved with the sequel?
Good question, I really don't know. The anthem is on there, but I don't know how much they were involved. It's killer though.

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:10 pm

Beats me, my ass is out the door by 3pm every day.

If the lots in front of the EC are full, they'll direct you to the gravel lots. If they look sucky, I'd park across the road near Mike and Tony's, grab a gyro, and then walk over.

Good call on Mike and Tonys

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:40 am

Initial thoughts: not all that impressed with Goose. Their sound mix needs a lot of work (keys too loud, lead/main guitar way too treble-y and thin/slicy/scratchy sounding), and at least tonight seemed like they had trouble really nailing their peaks. Seemed like the bass or lead guitar would either resolve half a beat early or half a beat late, and when you're used to tighter bands it's incredibly jarring. They did play a cover of "Get the Funk Out of My Face", which I enjoyed.

TAB was TAB. Really glad I was able to catch the full band this time. The horn section was sorely missed when I went last year and half the band had COVID.

Kane

Music Thread

Postby Kane » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:39 am

Any trouble getting in? There were half a dozen people already outside at 1:30 yesterday. Standing the snow and probably freezing.

MR25

Music Thread

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:24 am

Nope. Got to Mike and Tonys around 5:15, had a beer or two, and walked over a little after 6. No line at all for the GA entrance.

Gaucho

Music Thread

Postby Gaucho » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:19 pm

For those reading Bob Dylan's Philosophy of Modern Song, here's a YouTube playlist to go with it: