Lawn Darts
9%
Croquet
6%
Horseshoes
9%
Ladder Toss
6%
"KanJam" (included for 5AF profiling/banning purposes)
29%

Total votes: 35
Staggy

What is the superior lawn game?

Postby Staggy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

I recently played some game with a beer bottle on a pole and you have to throw the frisbee at it and knock it off and catch the bottle. It was very demanding and I ended up soaked in beer diving around trying to make the catches.
Beersbee. It's my favorite lawn game but it's more active than the rest so not sure if it qualifies. Plus if you're not paying attention 100% of the time there's a chance you could take a glass bottle to the face.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 pm

That game sounds terrible and a waste of beer.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:15 pm

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Going to the Swedish festivals up north, I've always wanted to play Kubb, but have not gotten around to it yet.
Completley missed that Eddy mentioned Kubb weeks ago a few posts above mine. Altho now that I know what Kubb is, if I were to pick one poster that was already familiar with Kubb, it would be Edward S. Nake.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 am

I recently played some game with a beer bottle on a pole and you have to throw the frisbee at it and knock it off and catch the bottle. It was very demanding and I ended up soaked in beer diving around trying to make the catches.
Beersbee. It's my favorite lawn game but it's more active than the rest so not sure if it qualifies. Plus if you're not paying attention 100% of the time there's a chance you could take a glass bottle to the face.
When I played it, you had to hold a beer in one hand and rather than put a full beer on the pole, it was a plastic bottle. I don't really remember the specifics except my wife hated it and I was sore the next day.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:28 am

Going to the Swedish festivals up north, I've always wanted to play Kubb, but have not gotten around to it yet.
Completley missed that Eddy mentioned Kubb weeks ago a few posts above mine. Altho now that I know what Kubb is, if I were to pick one poster that was already familiar with Kubb, it would be Edward S. Nake.

The only thing that has kept me from playing this is that it appears to be pretty expensive to buy. I thought about making it, but haven't had time for that. I just may have to pull the trigger on a set from amazon since we will be going to the beach in a few weeks.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 am

The only thing that has kept me from playing this is that it appears to be pretty expensive to buy. I thought about making it, but haven't had time for that. I just may have to pull the trigger on a set from amazon since we will be going to the beach in a few weeks.
Damn... I just went and looked. Those sets are freaking expensive. Here's a pretty good "how to" that I plan on making:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... /?ALLSTEPS

Couldn't be much easier than that... just cut some wood.

Edit: also, playing on the beach would be interesting. No accounting for bounces or rolls any more. Might have to try that some time.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:41 am

Damn... I just went and looked. Those sets are freaking expensive. Here's a pretty good "how to" that I plan on making:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... /?ALLSTEPS

Couldn't be much easier than that... just cut some wood.

Edit: also, playing on the beach would be interesting. No accounting for bounces or rolls any more. Might have to try that some time.

just found out my brother has a set, so I'm ready to go. I do believe I will make a nice set in the future though.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:40 pm

True or false @malkintent fled the state because he's shook at my bags dominance dot @Juice

TRUE

malkintent

Postby malkintent » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 am

True or false @malkintent fled the state because he's shook at my bags dominance dot @Juice

TRUE
you like dude butt

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 am

:pop:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm

TRUE
you like dude butt
Cornhole...

tjand72

Postby tjand72 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Kubb is great.

Inexpensive when you make your own set.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:42 am

We're having an Organizational Day at work on Thursday. One of the things on the signup sheet was "Ladder Golf." Never heard of it. Came here to ask, and then saw it was in the poll. To whomever the 1 person that voted for it was, it looks cool:

I bet it's one of those "looks really easy" but then when you actually go to try it out it's frustratingly difficult.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:16 pm

We're having an Organizational Day at work on Thursday. One of the things on the signup sheet was "Ladder Golf." Never heard of it. Came here to ask, and then saw it was in the poll. To whomever the 1 person that voted for it was, it looks cool:
I bet it's one of those "looks really easy" but then when you actually go to try it out it's frustratingly difficult.
No, just really easy.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 pm

I played that on my friend's roof the other night...the only thing I didn't get was why the top rung was worth more than the bottom...it's pretty easy to hit that top rung...it's pretty difficult to hit that bottom rung...maybe they were just scoring wrong...

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 pm

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:34 pm

I played that on my friend's roof the other night...the only thing I didn't get was why the top rung was worth more than the bottom...it's pretty easy to hit that top rung...it's pretty difficult to hit that bottom rung...maybe they were just scoring wrong...
Theoretically, the rope is more likely to drop down to a lower rung, thus decreasing the scoring rate. In reality, the top rung scores the most hits.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 pm

By a large margin too...the hardest thing in the game is ending up point away from winning...that's the only thing that took any time at all...

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:54 pm

For this company picnic thing the choices were bag toss (cornhole, prudes), ladder golf, shuffle board, ring toss, and mini-golf. Lots of bag toss and mini-golf happening, nobody signed up for the rest.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm assuming two things, regarding your ladder golf experience. 1.) The ladders were too close together. 2.) All the ropes were the same length.