Shoes, Clothes, and All Things Sartorial

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:54 pm

excellent bump. I am in the market for a new brown belt and will consider the shyster's recommendation

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Do you wear it with a suit?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:42 pm

I think the Anson buckles, and especially the "traditional" buckle in the 1.25" size, is certainly dressy enough to wear with a suit. And you can buy straps that range from dress leather to casual canvas.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 am

I was very uncertain about the ratcheting belt system... so instead of diving into the anson stuff, I went with a well reviewed belt from amazon:

This week is the first week of use, and I must say, I'm enjoying it thus far. It's very nice. When this thing breaks or gets worn (as I'm sure it will with the price I paid), I'll look to the anson upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion, Shyster.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:23 am

Have been wearing the anson belt for three days. Really like it.

LITT

Postby LITT » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:22 pm

ive had one pair of allen edmonds shoes for about 7 years. they were getting pretty rough looking, already replaced the heels once. i sent them in for recrafting and just received them back. very impressive service. i am going to send my others in more frequently to keep them looking fresh, i had a few irreparable areas due to neglect unfortunately

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:19 am

Black shoes are the only option to go with navy/blue pants and charcoal/grey pants, yes? I prefer brown shoes, and I know brown will work fine with navy/blue, but with a dark grey? I need to grab a new pair of shoes for a trade show that I'm heading to (along with future shows and company travel) and don't feel like taking two separate pairs of dress shoes. I'll be wearing either a polo or button down, long sleeve top with the company logo on it.

LITT

Postby LITT » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:59 am

Brown is fine with all colors you mentioned above from my perspective. Just make sure you don’t have a black belt and look like a Buffon with black belt and brown shoes

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Black shoes are the only option to go with navy/blue pants and charcoal/grey pants, yes? I prefer brown shoes, and I know brown will work fine with navy/blue, but with a dark grey? I need to grab a new pair of shoes for a trade show that I'm heading to (along with future shows and company travel) and don't feel like taking two separate pairs of dress shoes. I'll be wearing either a polo or button down, long sleeve top with the company logo on it.
Yeah I have to agree with LITT here. I think a nice light brown shoe actually looks far better with navy/blue pants (and even charcoal/grey to a good extent) than black.

Edit: And yes, just match the belt. I quite like my reversible black/brown belt.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Glad to see I'm not only one hesitant about charcoal and brown...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:36 pm

I'm very hesitant about it, which is why I ask. Just don't think it'll be a good look. I think a lighter grey and brown would work wonderfully together.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Light gray and dark brown, I'd buy that. I don't wear a lot of gray. Though, someone just bought me gray sneakers, so we'll see how I feel about that...but charcoal and brown, I'd have to see that to believe it...

meow

Postby meow » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:21 pm

I rigidly and unflinchingly follow the picture I posted. You should too, fam

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Glad to see I'm not only one hesitant about charcoal and brown...
I meant light gray.... Wasn't thinking charcoal was that dark. That chart is great. A blue suit with nice light brown shoes is a damn good look.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 am

Charcoal and brown works but it needs to be a medium to dark brown, or a cordovan. Brown actually lightens up the suit a bit and it a different look.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 am

I actually got the pants yesterday (ordered online)... they're more grey than charcoal, so brown might be alright.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:17 pm

My best friend is getting married in October. He's not going with tuxes for the wedding, which is awesome. We can pick our own khaki pants and white button down... again, awesome. Then we have to wear high top chucks, suspenders, and a bow tie. Lord help me. :lol:

It's all good. It's his style (he wears a bow tie with chucks most days to work). I ordered a pink pair of chucks, a pink bow tie, and I plan to buy a pair of pink acetate glasses to wear as well. If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it to the max.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:12 pm

I have an outfit idea, but am struggling to find exactly what I'm looking for...long shot, but any tips on where I could find a pair of white bell bottom pants with a button fly...?

meow

Postby meow » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:45 pm

The teenage girls section of a Rue 21 in 2004

mikey

Postby mikey » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:49 pm

:lol:

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:34 pm

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 am

My best friend is getting married in October. He's not going with tuxes for the wedding, which is awesome. We can pick our own khaki pants and white button down... again, awesome. Then we have to wear high top chucks, suspenders, and a bow tie. Lord help me. :lol:

It's all good. It's his style (he wears a bow tie with chucks most days to work). I ordered a pink pair of chucks, a pink bow tie, and I plan to buy a pair of pink acetate glasses to wear as well. If we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it to the max.
Have I met this friend? Because if so, even in the brief time I got to know him, this is not surprising at all :lol: He seemed like a righteous chill dude.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 am

Have I met this friend? Because if so, even in the brief time I got to know him, this is not surprising at all :lol: He seemed like a righteous chill dude.
Haha... yes. He has slept at your house before.

he's a very chill guy. Has his own style, for sure.

LITT

Postby LITT » Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am

i have pretty much been an exclusive allen edmonds wearer for the last few years. wore my first pair of magnanni yesterdy. dang they nice