Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Holy ****. Elias getting that nuclear heat.

https://streamable.com/ahu6x
That might be cheap heat, but it's a lot better than what we typically get anymore.
The fact that they stayed on script instead of going into a shoot demonstrates the fundamental difference between wrestling 20 years ago and now.

That was legit you’re a bad guy so we’re going to boo you even though we actually like you heat. Nicely done.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm

WWE Creative Humor

@WWECreative_ish
11m11 minutes ago

DX is back. If you're not sure what that is, ask your grandparents #RAW

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm confused? Is Shawn Michaels going to be in a tag match at Crown Jewel? What's all this he's been saying over the years that he's not coming back? So he comes back for some filler PPV? Guess if you pay him enough he'd be crazy not too...

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm confused? Is Shawn Michaels going to be in a tag match at Crown Jewel? What's all this he's been saying over the years that he's not coming back? So he comes back for some filler PPV? Guess if you pay him enough he'd be crazy not too...
The Saudis must be paying WWE a ridiculous amount of money. It's not even a filler PPV, it's a damn house show.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 pm

I am looking forward to HHH vs. HBK at Wrestlemania.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:31 pm

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/ ... gy-2-dope/

This story would have been better if Sheiky cut a promo telling these jabronies that he plans on suplexing them and putting them all in the camel clutch.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Saw this on Botchamania. :lol:

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 pm

I can’t believe I had to scroll down to #27 for the Always Pounding Ass shirt.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:24 pm

I would have guessed that APA shirt would have been top 5.

that Hogan Right Guard shirt looks like something that you'd find at the strip if the strip sold WWF shirts.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Elias just hit em with a 'Never seen the Flyers win the Cup.' Double M prob needs a change of pants right now

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:26 am

is it me or is Cole talking over Graves and Renee more and more each week?

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:47 am

Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Kane are now older than what Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and Macho Man were in WCW, when the WWF portrayed them as ancient.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:51 am

Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Kane are now older than what Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and Macho Man were in WCW, when the WWF portrayed them as ancient.
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I love the New Generation era of WWF. I attended a ton of shows during this time and even though I would end up watching 3 Aldo Montoya matches in one night, they were so much fun.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am

we used to get WCW Saturday Night matches in Johnstown and they'd trot out wrestlers like Roadblock and High Voltage multiple times a night. I don't think they were taping multiple shows. The only thing I can think of is something didn't look right in the match and they retaped it later in the night. But for a Saturday Night show where not that many people were watching, why bother?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

WWE has to eventually realize they can't do the show they have scheduled in Saudi Arabia right? Vince isn't that tone deaf is he?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm

WWE has to eventually realize they can't do the show they have scheduled in Saudi Arabia right? Vince isn't that tone deaf is he?
Vince isn't tone deaf. Vince just loves money and Saudi Arabia is giving them a **** load of money. They'll make more from the Saudi show than they do for Wrestlemania.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:01 pm

we used to get WCW Saturday Night matches in Johnstown and they'd trot out wrestlers like Roadblock and High Voltage multiple times a night. I don't think they were taping multiple shows. The only thing I can think of is something didn't look right in the match and they retaped it later in the night. But for a Saturday Night show where not that many people were watching, why bother?
That's amazing. I wish I would've went to a WCW show but if it wasn't WWF I didn't have much interest. I'd watch WCW on tv but it always seemed like a second-tier league until Nitro started.

I would attend Superstars tapings in Wheeling. They would often tape 4 shows per event so it'd be about 4 hours of Man Mountain Rock, Aldo Montoya, Duke The Dumpster Droese, Mantaur, etc. Bret would be there most shows but he would only have one or two matches. Looking back, I can't believe my folks sat through that for me.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 am

Vince isn't tone deaf. Vince just loves money and Saudi Arabia is giving them a **** load of money. They'll make more from the Saudi show than they do for Wrestlemania.
Also insert some BS about going there will help them change over time. No women! Murders! No matter cause CASH!

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 am

Also insert some BS about going there will help them change over time. No women! Murders! No matter cause CASH!
That's exactly what Bradshaw was spewing on Fox News. "How will they ever change if we don't expose them to new culture!?" I guess that argument could almost make sense if it wasn't for Crown Jewel being a **** Saudi government sponsored event full of pro-government propaganda.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am

There is little difference public relation-wise from the NCAA bloviating about North Carolina bathroom laws while sending teams to China.

It's not the WWE's job to monitor human rights.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am

There is little difference public relation-wise from the NCAA bloviating about North Carolina bathroom laws while sending teams to China.

It's not the WWE's job to monitor human rights.
WWE also doesn't need to run propaganda about how progressive Saudi Arabia is. You're right, it's not their job. If they want to be seen side by side with Saudi Arabia and deal with the backlash, that's on them.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Heh, I forgot about this tweet from seven years ago.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:34 pm

I never knew how hard that tweet was to read.