Pro Wrasslin' Thread

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I hope this isn't another situation like Angle where the WWE wanted him to get help, he refused so they fired him, and then he showed up on TNA and just kept getting worse. Get the help, Jeff. Then show up in AEW and have one last tag run with your brother.
What's the chance that Jeff didn't need the help and may have planned the whole thing to get out of his contract?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:52 pm

The Hardys haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 pm

A WWF appearance on public access with Vince, Piper, Slaughter, Capt Lou, and Freddie Blassie.
From the early days of Vince McMahon’s bid to go national, this is a fascinating episode of a TV show produced by a PBS affiliate in the Philadelphia area. Vince, coming across as vaguely churlish as he usually does in these settings, says “I consider myself probably the greatest fan ever,” which I’m sure Jim Cornette appreciates.

The interviewers do a great job, though, asking Vince a series of genuinely good questions (How are wrestlers paid? How much do they make?) and pushing him when he tries to evade them. Then a bunch of wrestlers come on and interact with the crowd, and the whole thing pitches into a weird twilight zone between reality and kayfabe, where both wrestlers and audience members constantly veer in and out of the shared suspension of disbelief. It’s very weird, and it’s an artifact from an era when Vince was willing to relinquish a bit of control about how his company is presented in the media.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:46 am

I hope this isn't another situation like Angle where the WWE wanted him to get help, he refused so they fired him, and then he showed up on TNA and just kept getting worse. Get the help, Jeff. Then show up in AEW and have one last tag run with your brother.
What's the chance that Jeff didn't need the help and may have planned the whole thing to get out of his contract?

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:06 am

The Hardys haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt.
For being well liked, it amazes me people don't take them to task for being more carny than not most times. That whole adult family is ridiculous.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 am

Yikes.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:20 pm

Anyone following this Hannibal horse ****? Low class mudshow wrestler with a below average youtube channel stabs a ref repeatedly in the head with a spike and leaves the ref hospitalized and with a blood infection.

Gnarly pics of the ref"s head out there.

Sadly there are actually people defending this idiot and trying to claim it's a work.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Yep. And head carny himself Kevin **** Sullivan instructed other refs to "kayfabe" the police. What a business.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:24 pm

The good people in wrestling are really good....the bad people in wrestling are bottom of the barrel humans. It's sad.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:01 pm

The other ref in the match posted on Reddit.
Wall of text.
What's up guys. I was the ref in the match. NOT the ref that got **** up, but the actual match referee. Bloodhunter/Hannibal refused to listen to me, and I could tell something was off, and immediately told Carlito to gtfo and finish the match. Bloodhunter went totally off the hinges and refused to listen to me. He tore the other referee up, then hid the weapon he used to do it.

Cops were called, I gave a full statement about what I believed happened. Kevin **** Sullivan told me to kayfabe the cops.

Full disclosure, this is absolutely NOT on the company that had the event, this is 100% on Bloodhunter/Hannibal.

Edit: I told the cops what I thought. I believe it was absolutely assault. He went way above and beyond working. There was no safety on his part. And as a ref, the most critical thing I can offer the people I work with is that I will make sure they are safe, and I feel like I completely failed at that. I should have stopped the match immediately when I noticed something was off. I apologize for that.

And another thing. I started screaming at Hannibal backstage, before the cops showed up, that he had just murdered the other ref, and he seemed like he was going to come yell? at me, and friggin Jacob Fatu stepped up and was threatening to beat his ass, despite having no clue what had happened. Massive props to Fatu.

Okay 2 Edit: This is blowing up. Let me give you guys a full breakdown, start to finish, 100% real. Couple of things, Andrew Anderson is also managed by Sullivan. One of their gimmicks is to bring out this spike and threaten to use it against opponents. Cool.

So, the owner of the company hired 2 refs to work the show. Myself and another gentleman. Hannibal decided he wanted his own ref because he wanted to make a ref bleed, but the owner didn't want his working refs to bleed.

Prior to the match, I kept trying to figure out what was supposed to go down in the match. That's pretty common for us refs to do. Go over anything the wrestlers need from us. All I was able to find out was that Bloodhunter and Kevin Sullivan had everything planned and that the other ref knew what he was supposed to do. So I went to talk to the 3rd ref about what he needed from me, and he was busy making and getting his blade ready. He was taking a blade job, It was 100% planned for him to bleed. I need everyone to understand that.

So we finally get to the match and no one can find Hannibal. It takes a good 7 or 8 minutes of stalling by the Ring Announcer before anyone ever finds him. I'm standing in gorilla trying to talk to Kevin Sullivan about what's supposed to be happening. I see Bloodhunter finally around the corner and start to head out to tell the RA we are good to go. But I noticed Bloodhunter/Hannibal is stumbling. First clue.

I get to the ring and tell the RA we are good to go. It took Bloodhunter a solid few minutes to get to the ring during his entrance. And what I mean is that it looked like he was stumbling, and just really meandering to the ring, not paying a ton of attention. 2nd clue.

Finally he gets into the ring, and tries to climb the turnbuckles to taunt the crowd, and its incredibly apparent he's messed up. He was struggling just to keep his balance on the ropes. Definitely not normal, and not good.

Carlito gets to the ring and I tell him my thoughts, that I think BH is messed up, and to finish the match ASAP. I get it, Carlito was in the WWE and is a professional, but dude, he handled the situation incredibly well.

So, BH wins via the shittiest roll up I've ever seen. Andrew Anderson comes out to brawl with Carlito, all planned. I follow them to the back. This is 3rd refs que to come in to get Bloodhunter to the back. All planned. Bloodhunter is to hit 3rd ref with his spike, safely, 3rd ref is supposed to blade, and bleed, and we all meet up in the back, good match, yay.

Instead I look out and see BH wailing on 3rd ref. And I think, this is taking too long, so I go back out. 3rd ref hadn't starting bleeding yet. So what I believe happened, is that BH got pissed off that 3rd ref wasn't able to cut himself, so BH did it himself. First he choked the 3rd ref into unconsciousness. He was 100% in seconds. Then BH proceeds to hit him all over the head with his spike. Repeatedly. Without having watching the footage yet, I'm going to guess 20 or more times. Dude was bleeding profusely at this point. The entire time this is happening, I've decided this is too much and I was tryin to get BH off the dude. I refused to go into the ring, I absolutely did not trust him. So on the apron, I was pulling on BH's leg and punching it while screaming at him to stop. Finally, Blaze, his other manager/real life GF gets in and pulls him off.

That's when I managed to pull 3rd ref out of the ring. I checked on him again here and he was absolutely out and still profusely bleeding. So I immediately run to the back saying to call 911 and I need as many people out there to help me with a) Hannibal and b) 3rd ref as possible, and I requested we try to find any EMT's.

3 wrestlers, 2 of them with some form of medical background follow me back out. By the time I got back to the back, cops were already there, and I spent the next 45 minutes or so giving my statement to them. I believe Bloodhunter hid his weapon, because as long as he told the cops that the 3rd ref was supposed to blade HIMSELF he was fine, but what ACTUALLY happened was the direct result of Bloodhunters actions.

Another edit? Maybe last? Idk

We have a legit gofundme

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-lando-w ... e=customer

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 am

On a more positive note, it is seeming pretty likely that we're going to get FTR vs The Briscoes. Between an ongoing set of challenges on Twitter and FTR showing up to confront them on the last ROH ppv, safe to say this is happening before long, and I am here for it.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:49 am

Pretty pumped for Winter if Coming tonight. I really hope they don't take the belt off of Page already. I don't think they will, but you never know. Shida/Deeb III should be a great match as well.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:59 am

Yep. And head carny himself Kevin **** Sullivan instructed other refs to "kayfabe" the police. What a business.
TIL Kevin Sullivan is still alive. I thought he had passed years ago.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:01 am

I will be pretty shocked if they take the belt off Page already. I don't think they will because he just won it to cap off that long term story.

Danielson is good enough that he doesn't need the belt.
It might be fun to have him as a heel champ for awhile, but I don't think you can cut off Page's legs at this point.

WWE would of course. They would never let a story build for 2 years like that though in the first place...

I think a big win by Page handing Danielson his first loss would really help cement him as champ, so that is what I think is most likely... But also, it's BD so that let's at least a touch o lf doubt sneak in, which is always nice.

Should be a good show. Last year saw the debut of Sting. I have a feeling that there will be a surprise of some sort here tonight as well.

Plenty of candidates out there between Gargano and O'Reilly leaving NXT and ROH basically being done with contracts.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:02 am

WWE would've had Page lose to Sheamus on the preshow.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:04 am

I gotta say..Danielson as this no nonsense kind of **** talking heel that just wants to kick your head has been realllllly fun. I agree that he doesn't need the belt and Page winning will really cement him as champ.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:05 am

Oh yeah you can tell Danielson is having the time of his life and we are all benefiting from it. So good.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:15 am

On a more positive note, it is seeming pretty likely that we're going to get FTR vs The Briscoes. Between an ongoing set of challenges on Twitter and FTR showing up to confront them on the last ROH ppv, safe to say this is happening before long, and I am here for it.
I'm all in for FTR vs Briscoes...

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:03 pm

can't believe that AEW is running a 60 minute match on a non-ppv.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:07 pm

That was wild but come on with that finish.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:07 pm

That match was incredible. Just incredible. 60 minute match on free TV. I love pro wrestling.

Danielson is the best wrestler in the world and a great heel. Page is the ultimate Babyface.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:08 pm

I don't hate the finish...at least enough to give the benefit of the doubt to see where it goes.

The final buckshot getting the 3 though would have really cemented Page.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:15 pm

I wouldn't hate the finish so much except that they did the same thing with Omega. So BD has had 2 huge matches, both ended in draws.

Oh well, it was still a hell of a match.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Deeb is the best female wrestler in AEW....change my mind.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:04 pm

A 60 minute broadway is a **** crazy thing to do on live tv in 2021.