Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:52 am

I thought it was great with the exception of one thing really, if you ignore the actual ending.

I really dislike the interference of the Good Brothers there. I would have liked to of seen Kenny make a comeback and do the OWA on the chair without their help.

I know it's the heel thing, but I think it really does cheapen Kenny's aura doing it this way.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:58 am

It's even better in this crowd video.

King Colby

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby King Colby » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:59 am

Luckily it's just a tease. Kurt looked awful in his last match.

Turns out the big signing was
Christian

Meh.
This was lost amongst the ring sparklers... Christian is better than Angle for sure, but he's still a 47-year-old ex-WWE guy. This is the exact same **** that people hated on WCW and TNA for doing. When will AEW stop getting a pass?
The difference is the WWE product right now kinda sucks. People are begging for a good alternative so people look the other way on AEW shortcomings

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:57 am

I thought it was great with the exception of one thing really, if you ignore the actual ending.

I really dislike the interference of the Good Brothers there. I would have liked to of seen Kenny make a comeback and do the OWA on the chair without their help.

I know it's the heel thing, but I think it really does cheapen Kenny's aura doing it this way.
I liked the match minus the disappointing ending, but I agree about the interference.

It almost feels like you can't have a main event match anymore without any type of interference. AEW is guilty of this, but not nearly as guilty as WWE. I think there was a post here about how many run-ins WWE had over the last 2 months and that it on pace to beat last year's pace by June.

I'm sure they could have found a way for Omega to pull off something cheap or heelish and still get the win, but writing off this match with a run-in just seemed... I don't know, lazy? Predictable? Kind of a letdown?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 am

I enjoyed mox putting his leg on the rope to trigger an explosion to break up the pin after the OWA to help protect that move from still not "being kicked out of" so to say.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 am

Yea the interference bit is just tired to me. It's a cheap heat tactic that does nothing but further a story at this point. I'd much rather of seen Omega out Mox, Moxley basically, and it would have solidified him much better.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:38 pm

It seems like they lack that voice to say wait, this was good as is, we don't need to throw 5 run ins and 8 minutes of afterbirth to the match. It would do them a world of good.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Maffew at Botchamania probably loved last night's PPV.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:10 pm

As someone who has the network primarily for the archives, this sounds like bad news.
All WWE content will NOT be available at launch. It will take approximately 5 months.

Peacock will continually add WWE Network content to the library, making the entire WWE Network archive — including every WWE, WCW, and ECW PPV event in history — available to stream on demand before SummerSlam.

WWE Network closes in the US on April 4.

When WWE sunsets the existing standalone WWE Network app on April 4, Peacock will be the exclusive streaming home to WWE Network in the U.S. To continue streaming WWE Network content, fans will need to sign up for Peacock. As previously announced, WWE Network, including all PPVs, will be available on Peacock Premium for $4.99 — a $5.00/month savings.

Discount available. 4 months for $9.99.

Starting today, Peacock is also offering the WWE Universe deeper savings for a limited time — details available at www.PeacockTV.com/WWE.
https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-network ... k-march-18

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm

As someone who has the network primarily for the archives, this sounds like bad news.
All WWE content will NOT be available at launch. It will take approximately 5 months.

Peacock will continually add WWE Network content to the library, making the entire WWE Network archive — including every WWE, WCW, and ECW PPV event in history — available to stream on demand before SummerSlam.

WWE Network closes in the US on April 4.

When WWE sunsets the existing standalone WWE Network app on April 4, Peacock will be the exclusive streaming home to WWE Network in the U.S. To continue streaming WWE Network content, fans will need to sign up for Peacock. As previously announced, WWE Network, including all PPVs, will be available on Peacock Premium for $4.99 — a $5.00/month savings.

Discount available. 4 months for $9.99.

Starting today, Peacock is also offering the WWE Universe deeper savings for a limited time — details available at www.PeacockTV.com/WWE.
https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-network ... k-march-18
That may finally give me reason to cancel.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Maffew at Botchamania probably loved last night's PPV.
I looked up when this happened last night and had no idea what was going on. I thought maybe somebody pushed him.

Watching it again, it looks like somebody playing xbox and hit the wrong button combo.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:52 pm

I'll sign up for the 4 months for $9.99 because that's too good to pass up. But if they don't add the archives back in by Summerslam like they claim they will, I'm out.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Note that if you are on xfinity/comcrap, you get free access to Peacock Premium. Just have to create an account and then link to your xfinity account. I havent checked to see if there are any strings attached or what not but worth looking into if you are a customer already.

Beveridge

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Beveridge » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Strings attached are being Comcast customers...

I see no option in my future as fios is probably decades away.

But no strings, you get the ad version for free.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am

The 4 months for $9.99 is for Peacock Premium which is somehow the ad version despite being called "premium." I'll give that a try for four months. If the ads are unbearable AND the WWE stuff is comparable to the Network, I'll upgrade to Premium Plus which is apparently the "mostly" ad free version.

Beveridge

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Beveridge » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 am

Ad version isn't terrible.

For reference, a 30 minute show will have about 3 60-90 second ad breaks.

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 am

AEW taking down posts showing dud finish to exploding barbed wire match.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/03/08 ... nding/amp/

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:35 pm

@nocera, your post brings up my greatest fear with Peacock taking over. My favorite part about the Network is chronologically watching old WWF (pre-2005) and I'm afraid it won't be as easy now.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:40 pm

your post brings up my greatest fear with Peacock taking over. My favorite part about the Network is chronologically watching old WWF (pre-2005) and I'm afraid it won't be as easy now.
Yeah, it's going to suck. The interface will be worse than WWE Network (which is really saying something), match selection is going away, the search function will somehow be worse, and these archived shows won't even be available until August. I also have a bad feeling that not all archived content will return, specifically the b-shows and territories. The money is in the current product and PPV. Peacock won't give a **** about continuing to add post 94 Superstars or Midsouth ****.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 pm

The distraction counter is up to 38. 3 more last night. If my math is correct, they are on pace for 204 this year.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:18 pm

speaking of counters, I decided to pick a random segment and count the switching camera angles

Camera switches: 111
Length of segment: 511
Average time per switch: 2.8 sec
or
Length of segment taken at last switch: 4:17
Average time per switch: 2.31 sec

Camera switches: 33
Length of match: 2:53
Average time per switch: 5.24 sec

Camera switches: 64ish. I think I missed a few, but 64 is the minimum
Length of match: 253
Average time per switch: 2.7 sec

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:24 pm

At some point, somebody told Kevin Dunn that a good editor cuts on the action. He took that to mean cut on every single bit of action. Because he's an idiot and bad at his job.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am

Apparently I need to go out of my way to watch last night's AEW main event. It's getting amazing reviews.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am

Yeah it was a damn good match and the violence was warranted to blow off the feud. Both ladies did some insane stuff. Props to them and props to AEW for building this over several months and making it matter.

Stuff like this when done properly and not just for the sake of doing it... is what makes wrestling so good when it tries.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:55 am

They are also smartly making shirts based off the match last night...

https://www.shopaew.com/britt-baker-mai ... model.html