Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:27 am

Good point. Fans will forgive botches and flubs if the story is engaging. Even the best matches of all time have screw ups. Give us a good story and none of that matters.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:31 am

Good point. Fans will forgive botches and flubs if the story is engaging. Even the best matches of all time have screw ups. Give us a good story and none of that matters.
And that is definitely missing from 95% of the women's matches... So many happen just because they need a women's spot on the show and make no sense.

Then you have garbage like Thunder Rosa finally wins the title, and her first appearance on TV is being interrupted by Vicky Guerrero and racist talk about green cards.

Tony needs to step the **** down from the women... He is completely out of his depth there.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:37 am

I absolutely hate women's wrestling. They're never polished, the moves never look good or as crisp, and they fumble around with each other.
I'd argue that you're just describing bad wrestling, which isn't limited to the women's division. I've been making my way through the Attitude Era and it helps me appreciate today's wrestling, especially the women. I'd much rather watch a technically sound match between Becky and Bianca that may have a couple flubs or fumbles than any "match" with Sable, Tori, Kat, Stephanie, etc.
Probably yea, but I'd wager I'm more likely to see a terrible wrestling match out of the women's side - and I have no interest in that, which means I have no interest in women's wrestling.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:46 am

I don't think it's that bad. It's definitely slower and not as crisp but I don't think it's all that different than, say, watching a Coco Gauff tennis match vs a Frances Tiafoe match.

Your perception that you're more likely to see a terrible women's match may be simply due to there not being as many women wrestlers so the talent pool isn't as deep.

Kane

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Kane » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:29 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:39 pm

YOU GOT LUST IN YOUR EYES AND IN YOUR BLACK HEART FOR ELIZABETH

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:03 pm

Everyone loves the Acclaimed

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:26 am

Andrade and Sammy have been bickering On Twitter so of course AEW did the smart thing and did not keep them separated at the arena.

Apparently an altercation of some sort occurred and Andrade was sent home, while Guevara stayed and got the pin in the main event, apparently to the chagrin of some in the back.

Wtf is going on here?

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:17 am

Safe to say, TK doesn't really have control of the lockerroom - and being friends with people you pay and playing favoritism causing issues wins again.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 am

This paints a much different picture than what I was reading last night.

Tough situation for Tony though in regards to people like Andrade that probably want to go back to WWE.

On one hand, it's tough to keep people around that really don't want to be there. On the other hand, you really can't be giving in to the tampering or it will continue.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:55 am

I am very much against the idea of what TK has done - in signing people as soon as their time with WWE expires.

I would hope TK learns from this - and continues to home grow his talent and supplant with WWE guys that WANT to be there, rather than immediately just having them hop on board.

I think either way, TK needs to learn - or hire someone that already knows this.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:05 am

I missed watching live last night for the first time in a while. got home like an hour in and had to play catchup. I thought the show was pretty good, but didn't quite click with me overall. The main event ending was a huge WTF honestly.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:49 am

There was some good stuff on the show but definitely some head scratching or ear bleeding moments.

On the plus side, MJF-Yuta, Rush-Page, Darby-Lethal, Wardlow-Cage.

On the downside, we got yet another random women's tag team match with revolving parts. Kinda cool to see Willow get a win on TV though.

The backstage segments though... Yikes. Tay + Anna are an instant mute for me. What a God awful match that is going to be with the green Skye Blue and the thus far bad Madison Rayne.

The follow up to Willow's win is challenging Jade which immediately leads to the baddies cackling over each other to create this wall of noise that is unbearable.

I swear that they teased a program with Nyla Rose and Jade very recently, not sure why they are going with Willow now.

The other wtf is the ending to the main event. I was worried that they were going to have Garcia be like lol j/K and turn on Danielson in the match, which they thankfully haven't done (yet), but letting Sammy of all people get the win after the cheapshot... Meh.

The crowd was not having any of Sammy either. Lots of FU Sammy and You still suck chants throughout. Supposedly also Idolo chants after they went off air.

Even ignoring the constant altercations Sammy is ending up in backstage, I'm still gobsmacked that there were zero consequences for the way he dumped Ruby Soho on her neck. He literally looked like he was tossing a sack of **** with no regards.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:29 pm

The AEW locker room gives me WCW vibes. Somebody gonna get stabbed with scissors pretty soon.

TK needs to lay down the law. From now on, if there are any physical altercations, the person who threw the first punch is fired on the spot.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:49 pm

According to WON, Saraya has been cleared by AEW'S Dr. Sampson. Of course he is also the one who supposedly cleared Matt Hardy to continue wrestling after Sammy smashed his head on the concrete in that failed table spot so...

Also, Takeshita is supposed to be returning in a couple of weeks, I am all for that.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:59 pm

The AEW locker room gives me WCW vibes. Somebody gonna get stabbed with scissors pretty soon.

TK needs to lay down the law. From now on, if there are any physical altercations, the person who threw the first punch is fired on the spot.
IIRC that's what Andrade wants though. He apparently wants fired, so much so they said if he started anything, he WOULDN'T be fired.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:48 pm

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-inv ... ite-stalls
The investigation into the AEW All Out backstage fight between CM Punk, Ace Steel, and The Elite has stalled, according to a report from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

A third party is currently investigating what happened between the then-AEW World Champion, Ace Steel, and the promotion's three Executive Vice Presidents following CM Punk's incendiary post-All Out media scrum in which he took shots at Colt Cabana, The Elite, and Hangman Page.

That investigation has been ongoing for the past month but the new report from Meltzer states it has stalled due to "threatened legal action." Meltzer also noted on the F4W Online Board that one person has been uncooperative with the investigation.

Punk, Steel, Kenny Omega, and The Young Bucks remain suspended by AEW as the investigation continues and no one has been released as of yet. Previous reports have noted that CM Punk is not expected to return to All Elite Wrestling, though. Beyond his suspension, Punk is out of action with a torn triceps suffered in the All Out main event.
Gee, let me guess who that is.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Yea, just go ahead and fire Punk, and let the legal system deal with it.

They have just cause - I would think.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:50 pm

Extreme Rules has been pretty fun. Also, Wrestlemania has numbers again. Thanks, HHH.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:08 pm

he's not wrong

ditto

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:11 pm

Yeah he is. Cult leader Wyatt was awesome before WWE cut his legs out from under him.

That return was awesome also. Hopefully the Fiend/Firefly Funhouse stuff is dead. It looks like we’re getting Wyatt family Bray again so I’m in.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:27 pm

The big problem is...Wyatt is average in the ring. He's amazing at character work and everything else but when he actually has to wrestle he's just kind of there.

Hopefully he got better during his time away and having HHH not undercutting his overall character will make things work.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:16 am

Average in the ring is all he needs to be. Jake Roberts was a dog **** worker. If you can talk, average is more than enough.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 am

Jake was way better than dog ****. His in ring psychology was top notch. His promos were also god tier but his in ring stuff was good because he knew how to work a match psychologically.

Wyatt doesn't have anywhere near what Jake had in either of those areas IMO. He's boring as hell in the ring. Maybe that changed I dunno. We will see.