Pro Wrasslin' Thread

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 am

Did they turn Danielson heel? I know that Evil Uno was the hometown guy but Danielson seemed extra heelish.
It appears so. Hangman was the hometown guy. Evil Uno was just Danielson's first victim in his quest to kick every member of the Dark Order's heads in.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:02 am

Danielson is so good at everything he does.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:45 pm

They are going to have like 5 people left by the end of the year.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 am

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:16 am

They are going to have like 5 people left by the end of the year.
Certainly going forward, I would be looking at any contract from WWE if I was a wrestler and I would negotiate that 90 day release clause.

You want me so badly, that you cut me as soon as I get promoted, then you shouldn't be holding me to 90 days to eff with my career.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:43 am

The real shitty thing is there just aren't enough jobs to go around for all these people getting released. It's extra bad timing with ROH likely moving to the indie model of not having contracted talent.

AEW can't hold many more people at this point. They barely have enough TV for the talent they have now. Of course the women's division could use a few more talents, but things are crowded.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 am

Hey Survivor Series is tonight. And they’re still doing that brand supremacy ****.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 am

Hey Survivor Series is tonight. And they’re still doing that brand supremacy ****.
It's been amusing hearing people talk about the "build" to it the past couple weeks.

Several people were on the opposite brand just weeks ago, and the only actual build has been a combination of can they coexist storylines and randomly swapping people out for reasons.

You'd think Becky vs Charlotte could be interesting because they have legit heat, but of course there's no way either is going over... Either Sasha interferes or its a double count out.

I won't even put this **** on in the background anymore even though it's free for me.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:47 pm

tf is “Happy Corbin?”

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:07 pm

tf is “Happy Corbin?”
If you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

My question is how the **** did "Happy Corbin" make it through a room of writers AND Vince?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 pm

I have the show on the ipad while watching the Steelers and even just watching during commercials/breaks in play I can tell that this show is awful. And a Pizza Hut ad worked into a match? The giant USA/FOX logos on the backs of the shirts is a nice touch too. WWE feels soulless.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 pm

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:32 pm

My understanding of the Corbin gimmick is that he supposedly lost everything and was poor/sad Corbin for awhile and was begging for money and such... then he somehow made his money back so now he's happy Corbin.

Yeah, it's stupid af.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:37 pm

I have the show on the ipad while watching the Steelers and even just watching during commercials/breaks in play I can tell that this show is awful. And a Pizza Hut ad worked into a match? The giant USA/FOX logos on the backs of the shirts is a nice touch too. WWE feels soulless.
I mean they had The Miz and Morrison wrestle zombies at a PPV, which resulted in The Miz blowing out his knee. Anything is possible now.

There are a ton of things wrong with WWE... forcing a PPV every month, especially the themed PPVs even if there aren't really any storylines that fit the gimmick at the time just shows how out of touch they are.

It's really a shame that they are too big to fail... There is no real incentive for them to change... they can just keep cutting wrestlers claiming budget cuts instead of addressing the actual issues.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:45 am

There are a ton of things wrong with WWE... forcing a PPV every month, especially the themed PPVs even if there aren't really any storylines that fit the gimmick at the time just shows how out of touch they are.

It's really a shame that they are too big to fail... There is no real incentive for them to change... they can just keep cutting wrestlers claiming budget cuts instead of addressing the actual issues.
I cant tell you the last time I watched a PPV. Like literally watched a whole PPV vs having it on in the background as noise. Maybe Mania, and even that one felt like a four six hour RAW. Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure if I watched both days. I'm pretty sure that I did not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_37#Results
I know I didn't watch night one because I know I didn't see the Lashley/Mcintyre match or the Bad Bunny match. But even night two seemed forgettable. I remember those matches happening, but not much else.

Like you said, there's no incentive to change. They know their core people will continue to watch regardless of how shitty the product is.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 am

I cant tell you the last time I watched a PPV. Like literally watched a whole PPV vs having it on in the background as noise. Maybe Mania, and even that one felt like a four six hour RAW. Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure if I watched both days. I'm pretty sure that I did not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_37#Results
I know I didn't watch night one because I know I didn't see the Lashley/Mcintyre match or the Bad Bunny match. But even night two seemed forgettable. I remember those matches happening, but not much else.

Like you said, there's no incentive to change. They know their core people will continue to watch regardless of how shitty the product is.
Haven’t watched in years now but Lashley just screams “Jacked but boring Wayne Brady” that’s just who he looks like with none of the charisma.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 am

Lashley is every bit as boring now as he was in 2005-2008.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:03 am

Looks like I was wrong... Charlotte and Becky traded surprise roll ups while holding the rope. The ref caught Charlotte but not Becky. I saw the clip, ref made this look as fake as humanly possible.

Also they apparently did an angle with someone stealing Vince's golden egg?! WWE folks.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:09 am

The whole show was celebrating "25 years of The Rock" and promoting his new movie. The Rock does not appear. WWE folks.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:30 am

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:23 pm

tf is “Happy Corbin?”
If you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

My question is how the **** did "Happy Corbin" make it through a room of writers AND Vince?
Because the writers including Vince don't have **** for ideas anymore. At one point, Vince should have been considered a masterful character maker, but he's been absolute trash for a decade plus, probably.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:20 pm

I don't know if Vince was ever a masterful character maker. His biggest stars of the 80s and early 90s were created elsewhere. When Vince raided the territories, the wrestlers took their characters with them. Even Hulkamania started in the AWA. Once Hogan left, the company nearly folded because Vince failed to create a new megastar. I'm the biggest Bret mark there is but he was nowhere near Hogan's level of popularity. The only thing that saved WWF was the Attitude Era. The two biggest stars of that era were Austin, who came up with Stone Cold on his own after being saddled with the Ringmaster gimmick, and Rock, who came up with The Rock on his own after being saddled with Rocky Maivia. Let's not forget WWF wanted to name Stone Cold Chilly McFreeze or Otto von Ruthless.

That's not to say that there haven't been 100% WWE created characters. Undertaker, Million Dollar Man, Kane off the top of my head. But most of the time it's less Kane and more Isaac Yankem, DDS.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm

spoilering for the language in the tweets, but it looks like some fan tackled Seth Rollins after his match.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:51 pm

**** that guy. Charge him with assault

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 am

That's crazy. What an idiot.