Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:39 pm

I missed part of the Rumble. What I did see was alright.

Women's Rumble was sloppy
AJ/DB had some good moments, but the crowd was dead
I loved Finn/Brock. I got worked thinking Finn would win even though I know better.
Men's Rumble was ok. I actually thought the Nia entrance was fun.

I really hate how they take the both-feet rule WAY too literally. If 80% of your body in touching the ground you should be eliminated. Also, Naomi was eliminated by someone who was already eliminated. Why does that count? And how does Finlay have the authority to allow Becky into the Rumble. Little things like that bothered me throughout the night.

slappybrown

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

I missed part of the Rumble. What I did see was alright.

Women's Rumble was sloppy
AJ/DB had some good moments, but the crowd was dead
I loved Finn/Brock. I got worked thinking Finn would win even though I know better.
Men's Rumble was ok. I actually thought the Nia entrance was fun.

I really hate how they take the both-feet rule WAY too literally. If 80% of your body in touching the ground you should be eliminated. Also, Naomi was eliminated by someone who was already eliminated. Why does that count? And how does Finlay have the authority to allow Becky into the Rumble. Little things like that bothered me throughout the night.
Timely, since it was part of the STWW podcast this week on Sid Eudy:

I never watch WWE PPVs and I thought it was really good (started watching at the women's Rumble). The Women's Rumble was very good even with how slow they move at times and the lack of rhythm in some of their moves. A lot of creative saves and eliminations that take advantage of the different physiques compared to the men.

I thought the Bryan-Styles match was very good, finish with that random guy was dumb, let someone win clean (no clue who "Rowan" is as I don't watch the weekly shows, but it seemed clear this guy had no back story with these two? Maybe I am wrong).

Lesnar/Balor match was also good.

Biggest disappointment is what NP alluded to, would have liked a couple more blasts from the past in the Rumble, but I'm a nostalgia wrestling guy, so my view probably isn't the one to listen to.

Give what I watched an 8.5/10.

slappybrown

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:52 pm

I am being told by the internet that Rowan is one of the True Detective Season 1 stable guys that I thought were dumb when I saw them in the past.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:07 pm

I thought it was a great PPV. The only real negative was the finish to Bryan/AJ was odd. I'm assuming we'll see the story play out on SDL and maybe it'll end up being great, but in the moment it deflated an otherwise good match.

Oh, I also think the "Kofi" spot has officially jumped the shark. WWE needs to update the "both feet" rules. The women just repeated past Kofi spots like the handstand and guardrail jump. Kofi himself screwed up both of his spots and let his feet touch the floor. The fact that you can fall to the floor and roll around on your ass and not be eliminated is downright stupid.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:18 pm

The fact that you can fall to the floor and roll around on your ass and not be eliminated is downright stupid.
Agreed. It has definitely jumped the shark.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:07 pm

I am being told by the internet that Rowan is one of the True Detective Season 1 stable guys that I thought were dumb when I saw them in the past.
Bryan was part of the Wyatt family for a time. That's the only connection Rowan has to him. I always liked his tag partner, Luke Harper way better.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Rollins hasn't announced which champion he wants to face. I'm hoping he says both so they can do away with the two belts.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Becky/Ronda has to be your WM main event. But giving WWE 10 weeks to F something up is like giving Brady the ball back with 3 quarters to play.
People at the show said they couldn't even hear Rousey on the mic because she was getting booed so loudly.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Becky/Ronda has to be your WM main event. But giving WWE 10 weeks to F something up is like giving Brady the ball back with 3 quarters to play.
People at the show said they couldn't even hear Rousey on the mic because she was getting booed so loudly.
All they need to do is lean into it. Make Rhonda go full heel. Keep Becky right where she is. It’s really simple, so WWE will definitely make Becky join the Wyatt family for 3 weeks for no real reason.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:28 am

All they need to do is lean into it. Make Rhonda go full heel. Keep Becky right where she is. It’s really simple, so WWE will definitely make Becky join the Wyatt family for 3 weeks for no real reason.
They're gonna fudge it up by getting Charlotte involved and make it a 3 way, when she should wrestle Asuka for the SD title.

Also, it's being reported that Ambrose has told the WWE he's not re-signing because of his character, which makes sense because they effed him in that department.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 am

Interesting. How long does he have left on his contract?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am

Apparently his contract expires in April so he's likely going to stick around until just after Mania. Don't be surprised to see him putting over everybody.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:28 am

Ambrose was another pretty big missed opportunity overall. I know he got injured at some point, but they could have really cemented his as the top guy and never did.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Ambrose was another pretty big missed opportunity overall. I know he got injured at some point, but they could have really cemented his as the top guy and never did.
Someone on Reddit said "he was only the top guy when other guys got hurt, he was nothing more than a back-up plan"

Considering his original success on the indies, I'd love to see AEW making him a centerpiece, but he seems like the type of guy who will just disappear.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:13 pm

CBS is also mentioning a future with AEW, but I don't think that's surprising.

They also mentioned that Double-J has signed on with WWE as a producer and may be getting more on-screen time.
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe- ... emania-35/

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 pm

I think Roman's leukemia diagnosis torpedoed whatever plans they had for Ambrose, but they forced the heel turn anyway.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 pm

WWE statement on Dean Ambrose: "Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE.”
https://mobile.twitter.com/WONF4W/statu ... 7973104648

Why would WWE announce this 3 months in advance? This feels fishy.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Man I just watched the Rousey/Becky segment. Ronda does not know how to handle a hostile crowd at all. Feel kinda bad. Stuttered and all. Geez. Bailey couldn't even turn the tide lol. Bailey even got boo'd a bit.

Becky is so over. I really hope they don't mess this up.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:31 pm

WWE statement on Dean Ambrose: "Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE.”

Wonder if they are just trying to quash all of the speculation online.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Wonder if they are just trying to quash all of the speculation online.
Or he’s going to sit at home until his contract runs out. So this explains his disappearance.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 pm

after getting knocked out of the Rumble by Nia Jax, R-Truth wins the US Title.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:37 pm

...and beat Rusev in a different match about 5 minutes later.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:54 pm

The women's rumble was an hour and 11 minutes long. All of the intervals were over 90 seconds and several were over 2 minutes. That match was way too long and killed the crowd for a while.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:16 am

Bryan introduced a new belt made from organic hemp and a “naturally fallen” oak tree. It looks as hilarious as it sounds.

https://m.imgur.com/r/SquaredCircle/H3HTMNQ

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:39 am

Bryan introduced a new belt made from organic hemp and a “naturally fallen” oak tree. It looks as hilarious as it sounds.

https://m.imgur.com/r/SquaredCircle/H3HTMNQ
So his gimmick at this point is basically the heel left-wing fanatic? I know it's not really a leap from his real-life persona, but still cracks me up.