Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 am

Legit had no idea there was a PPV tonight.
Had it on as background noise. D-Bryan may of turned heel by fast counting a pin fall for KO and SamI Zayn to win a tag match and not get fired. Pretty sure AJ beat Jinder to retain the WWE Championship. No clue what happened in the other matches.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:09 am

Read through the results seemed like an average show at best.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 am

Yeah, I read the results and r/squaredcircle has a video for basically every finish and I don't feel like I missed much at all.

It might be time to finally lose the Network sub.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:44 am

Legit had no idea there was a PPV tonight.
None of it matters anymore. It's completely oversaturated and that turns off the average fan. Actual PPV buys have to be WAY down.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am

Are there still traditional PPV buys? If so, I assume it's because the Network is not available in that country. Otherwise, why the **** would you pay $60 for a single PPV?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am

Yeah I don't even think they offer traditional PPV purchase options now. and if they did and someone actually pays 60$ for a PPV... then they are insane.

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Stephanie announced the first all women's Royal Rumble match at the end of Raw.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Neat. My money is on a returning James Ellsworth.

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:30 am

Neat. My money is on a returning James Ellsworth.
I legit laughed out loud reading that. Didn't Santino whatever his name was win the Diva's Title at WrestleMania a few years ago??

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Yeah, I read the results and r/squaredcircle has a video for basically every finish and I don't feel like I missed much at all.

It might be time to finally lose the Network sub.
I canned mine a few months ago and haven't missed a beat. I may re-sub for Royal Rumble and cancel until Mania.

Even RAW is gotten to the point to where it's so predictable. By the time Kane came out last night, my reaction was "let me guess, this is gonna turn into a three way match." Heyman comes out, blah blah blah, Angle announces the three way match and runs out of the ring.

I turned it off after that, even though there was still another 40-45 minutes before the Pens game.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:32 pm

there's about 20 minutes of this stuff on youtube listed under Steinermania and Steinermania 2

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I keep my sub because it's only 10$ and I do tend to go on and view old stuff and the originals they put on from time to time. I also do sometimes skim through the PPV's a the day/night after they happen.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:03 pm

there's about 20 minutes of this stuff on youtube listed under Steinermania and Steinermania 2
Thank you.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Toys R Us is actually selling a Virgil figure with his “WWE Superstar” sign.

https://t.toysrus.com/product?productId=128796976
I passed him at the airport about two weeks ago when I was heading to Tampa. He was supposedly heading to England for some sort of comic show and was getting paid $5k for the weekend. I even managed to grab a selfie with him (basically did it to say that I was able to pull it off without paying the $20 fee.)

Also passed him around the same time at the airport last year but didn't talk to him. Overheard him telling somebody else that he was heading to Toronto.

Dickie Dunn

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:41 am

Haven’t watched wrestling in forever, but went to a CMLL Lucha Libre show here in Mexico City last night and it was pretty much the best time ever. Great crowd, nonstop action the entire night, lots of high flying work, and an appearance by the biggest villain in Mexican wrestling, Monroeville native Sam Adonis. If the WWE was like this I would probably still watch.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:01 pm

There was a Smackdown house show Thursday at PPG. It was an ok show. It was more digestible since there wasn't a commercial break every 5 minutes. Almost every match was a group tag match or group singles match.

The crowd was about the same as a televised show. Still a little more than I expected.

There was a decent amount of fan interaction consisting of a host interviewing fans. Every kid the host talked to mentioned AJ Styles as being among their favorite wrestlers, even a kid decked out in full Cena gear. So I don't think AJ's spot at the top is going away anytime soon.

Speaking of AJ, the main event was him vs. Jinder Mahal in a steel cage match. They took an intermission break to assemble the cage. I've never seen a steel cage built before, so that was a little interesting. Jinder Mahal looks roided out of his mind.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:04 pm

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/rusev- ... er-in-wwe/

AJ Styles 3 of the top 15 shirts, 2 in the top 10. Rusev at #1. They can't seem to find anything worthwhile for Rusev to do though.

The top 15 selling items on WWEShop.com right now:

1) Rusev “Happy Rusev Day” Authentic T-Shirt
2) AJ Styles “The One Who Gets it Done” Special Edition T-Shirt
3) The Usos “Down Since Day One Ish” Authentic T-Shirt
4) AJ Styles “Untouchable” Authentic T-Shirt
5) Stone Cold Steve Austin “Santa Stunner” Holiday T-Shirt
6) The Shield “Shield United” Authentic T-Shirt
7) Seth Rollins “Burn It Down” Red Authentic T-Shirt
8) nWo Retro T-Shirt
9) Ric Flair “Stylin & Profilin” Authentic T-Shirt
10) AJ Styles “Untouchable” Red T-Shirt
11) Elias “World Tour” Authentic T-Shirt
12) Braun Strowman “Monster Among Us” Authentic T-Shirt
13) Finn Bálor “Resurrection” Authentic T-Shirt
14) Seth Rollins “Burn It Down” Knit Beanie Hat
15) Sheamus & Cesaro “The Bar” Authentic T-Shirt

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:05 pm

There was a Smackdown house show Thursday at PPG. It was an ok show. It was more digestible since there wasn't a commercial break every 5 minutes. Almost every match was a group tag match or group singles match.

The crowd was about the same as a televised show. Still a little more than I expected.

There was a decent amount of fan interaction consisting of a host interviewing fans. Every kid the host talked to mentioned AJ Styles as being among their favorite wrestlers, even a kid decked out in full Cena gear. So I don't think AJ's spot at the top is going away anytime soon.

Speaking of AJ, the main event was him vs. Jinder Mahal in a steel cage match. They took an intermission break to assemble the cage. I've never seen a steel cage built before, so that was a little interesting. Jinder Mahal looks roided out of his mind.
I know a person that I went to high school with that bought VIP tickets that included a meet and greet with AJ/Uso's/Nattie before the show. He got a chair to take home too and I think he was in the 3rd row. Total cost for one ticket? 600$. Insane. For a house show. I would hesitate at paying that for a PPV.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Haven’t watched wrestling in forever, but went to a CMLL Lucha Libre show here in Mexico City last night and it was pretty much the best time ever. Great crowd, nonstop action the entire night, lots of high flying work, and an appearance by the biggest villain in Mexican wrestling, Monroeville native Sam Adonis. If the WWE was like this I would probably still watch.
Woah. Seeing a lucha show in Mexico must’ve been awesome.

Dickie Dunn

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Woah. Seeing a lucha show in Mexico must’ve been awesome.
I honestly can’t wait to go again. I took some likely horrible videos that I’ll try to upload when I have time.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 pm

What is this Mixed Match Challenge? I mean I know what it is, but why are they doing it and when? I just keep seeing teams announced and I've never heard a single thing else about it.

Strowman and Alexa are a team
Bobby Roode and Charlotte
Was supposed to be Nia and Enzo but he's got the flu
Becky and the Miz? I think..

I mean I'm not paying a ton of attention each week, but do they bother mentioning this stuff at all?

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 pm

not to knock their concept, but has there ever been one of these mixed tag matches that have been memorable?

I'm not rearranging my schedule to watch some ridiculous tournament that doesn't have any reason to it. I'm barely watching the product as it is.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I’m confused by it as well. Are they going to let the guys wrestle the women? If Bron is in it then that kind ruins that idea.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm assuming its going to be guys vs guys and girls vs girls even though it's "Mixed teams". I really don't see the point to all of this. I am out of the loop though big time. I barely skim through Raw or Smackdown these days on the DVR.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm

not to knock their concept, but has there ever been one of these mixed tag matches that have been memorable?

I remember that one john cena proposed afterwards for a tv show