Pro Wrasslin' Thread

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Was he saying "this is for juggalos and jugalettes"? Who am I kidding, of course he was.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:16 pm

Hes wearing an ICP shirt so why wouldn't he shout out the juggalos and juggahoes

Jim

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:40 pm

I don't twit, so can someone tell that tool to stop goofing around and build his mother a new front stoop. Jumping onto a microwave isn't going to bring his father back, but making his mom happy might get her to stop shooting black tar.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:42 pm

I see two options: he either only has one pair of cargo shorts or he has a closet full of the exact same cargo shorts. Either option is terrifying.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:44 am

Rollins on Ambrose (Moxley)
Ambrose can do what he wants. He's a big boy, he's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is not everybody's equipped to handle the rigors of WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally. And Ambrose gave everything he had to the company for the entire time he was here. He put his heart and soul into the travel, into the schedule, into the injuries, into the work in the ring and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home, or he went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such an opportunity.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/284 ... um=twitter

Whoooo boy. I've been super down on WWE lately (it didn't help that I just listened to a 4 hour retrospective on the Benoit murders) and Rollins isn't doing the WWE any favors with this interview and his recent tweets. This is a company full of good old boys and carnies and they wont recognize their fall until they're already dead and buried.
I'm curious how well this is gonna go over with Mox. I know he really isn't a social media type so I doubt we're gonna see a reactionary tweet. But the thing is Moxley didn't bash the WWE in that interview with Jericho. He was critical of them, sure, but it's not like anything that he said was surprising or demeaning to the point where he was talking down to them. He even said multiple times that he thanked the WWE for his opportunity.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am

I don't think Mox would care. I think Seth Rollins came off really insecure yesterday.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am

It's the Diesel effect. Rollins is "the man" and the business is at its lowest point in 20+ years. Kevin Nash has always come off as insecure and bitter in "shoot" interviews regarding his time as WWF champ. Rollins is just expressing that insecurity in real time thanks to Twitter.

Also, the ineptitude of the current WWE product reminds me an awful lot of 1995 with Mabel winning King of the Ring while the crowd chants "ECW."

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:21 pm

It's the Diesel effect. Rollins is "the man" and the business is at its lowest point in 20+ years. Kevin Nash has always come off as insecure and bitter in "shoot" interviews regarding his time as WWF champ. Rollins is just expressing that insecurity in real time thanks to Twitter.

Also, the ineptitude of the current WWE product reminds me an awful lot of 1995 with Mabel winning King of the Ring while the crowd chants "ECW."
That's a good point. Being WWE Champion does not carry near the prestige it did, and the Universal Championship bullsht has only served to dilute that meaning further. Add the current state of the WWE to that mix, and, in the words of Sturgill Simpson, he's King Turd on Sht Mountain.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:35 pm

I don't think you can expect him to say anything different though. He's the top guy right now, carrying the belt. You can't badmouth the company in his position even if he feels that way.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:36 pm

WRestling Twitter has been amazing lately. After all of the Seth Rollins stuff earlier this week, Daniel Bryan "liked" a Tweet of 25 wrestlers that are better than Seth Rollins :lol:

https://twitter.com/RichLatta32/status/ ... 20802?s=19

slappybrown

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby slappybrown » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:39 pm

bryans antics are a work pal

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm

I get annoyed with the Twitter stuff. His name is on the list, he's going to like it. A lot of people continue to get sucked into being marks by what these people post. I actually don't trust what any of these people say on social media. I just assume it's all fake.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm

bryans antics are a work pal
Oh for sure, but it's just another illustration of how damn good he is at what he does. Promos, social media, matches, etc...he's gold Jerry, gold.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 am

Ready for some shocking news? Like actually shocking?

Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff named Executive Directors. Heyman is the exec director of Raw and Bischoff takes SDL. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27 ... reddit.com

We'll see if they have any real power to make changes, but it's encouraging at least.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 am

lol Eric Bischoff. This company refuses to try and get younger. Same guys, same old tricks, same stupid stuff.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff named Executive Directors. Heyman is the exec director of Raw and Bischoff takes SDL. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27 ... reddit.com

We'll see if they have any real power to make changes, but it's encouraging at least.
This is insanity. 19 years later, the Alliance has finally won the war :lol:

But seriously, is this a sign that Vince is finally realizing he needs to put others in control? Both Heyman and Bischoff know how to go to war with rival factions. If nothing else it will be interesting.

I honestly wonder how much the podcast success led to Bischoff and Prichard being re-hired.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Also, there's no way Heyman would have taken this role if he wasn't given extensive creative control. Same for Bischoff, tbh.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Bischoff inspires no confidence. Heyman knows how to book though. With that said this will come down to how hands off Vince is. If Vince is still very hands on.. this means nothing.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Yeah what in the hell. Just give HHH full control of one of them.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:17 pm

I'm encouraged because at least it seems like Vince is acknowledging that he needs help. What he's currently doing isn't working. Bischoff may not be the best choice, but at least it's something different. Bischoff has never held any sort of creative or producer position in WWE. He was always strictly talent. I'll give him a chance. He has to be better than Road Dogg.

Heyman as Raw's executive director is really intriguing, though. He was head writer during what was arguably SD's best years. I'm excited.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm

You want some more shocking news, also involving Paul Heyman?
Wrestling legend Tommy Dreamer had an incredibly dark past, but he was saved by one phone call.

Dreamer recently opened up about a troubling period in his life on his “House of Hardcore” podcast, a period that he only managed to escape because of announcing icon Jim Ross.

Dreamer was supposed to make his WWE debut during the company’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-7 in 2001, but plans changed and Dreamer became the odd man out. The triple-threat match featured Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz.

That was nearly the tipping point in the darkest stage of his life: Extreme Championship Wrestling, which was run by Paul Heyman, had just folded and Dreamer was back living with his parents.

As he spiraled into depression, Dreamer intended to take advantage of Texas’ lax gun laws to jump the rail at that WrestleMania in Houston, kill Heyman, who was announcing the show, and then kill himself.
https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/hardcore- ... ssion=true

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Heyman as Raw's executive director is really intriguing, though. He was head writer during what was arguably SD's best years. I'm excited.
Yup, the Smackdown Six era was sooooo good.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:48 pm

One of the few legit awesome things to happen in WWE in the last five years, and even then the announcers semi-ruined it.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:41 am

I'm up to March 2000....I'll probably try and get the whole way to late 2002 and then go back and start at early 1997. In any event, Vince's return that year was so damn awesome.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 am

AEW had a free show last night. All was great until the post match angle with Cody:

https://streamable.com/kmcjd

So **** stupid.