Pro Wrasslin' Thread

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:25 am

I won't be able to make it, but appreciate the offer.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Also I just decided to upgrade my tickets since they released some lower levels...so I have two tickets in 208 aisle seats row E if anyone wants them. I'd be willing to give them up less than what I paid which was about 100$ after fees for both. I don't want them to go to waste really. @nocera @the wicked child? I can transfer them through the TM APP.
Appreciate it man but I can't make it either. You shouldn't have any issues selling that though. Have a good time.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 pm

They actually blocked '****' during the Wardlow segment... wonder if this is the first influence of the Discovery merger. They didn't care about dodint though so who knows.

Good stuff so far though.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:29 pm

@skullman80 Were the boos for Sammy as loud as they seemed on tv?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:03 am

@skullman80 Were the boos for Sammy as loud as they seemed on tv?
Even louder in person. Everyone hated him and Tay. HATED.

Just got home....what a night. Will post detailed thoughts on the morning.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:40 am

AEW/NJPW is going to be fire. I like that AEW is more interested in wrestling with any promotion it can.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:52 pm

AEW/NJPW is going to be fire. I like that AEW is more interested in wrestling with any promotion it can.
Indeed. Wonder if Omega makes it back? This would be an awesome place for him to return.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:25 pm

I was very sports entertained for 5+ hours last night. My wife and I were directly behind the hard camera about 4 rows up. AEW live is something else. Crowd was hot all night. We got murder grampa (Suzuki) as a surprise on dark against QT Marshall. He was over like crazy as expected. Statlander and Julia hart also had a good match for Dark/Elevation. (Put some pics in the spoiler at the bottom because they are fairly large in size)

Punk vs Dustin was good ****....Punk got a HUGE pop. Hangman/Punk staredown was cool. When we were first going in from outside....Hangman was doing autograph sessions for fans.

BCC vs Dante/Lee/Brock. Yuta is over alot. Everyone loves Mox obviously, and Bryan is always over. Just a fun little sprint between those guys. Lee got a big pop cause he's a hometown guy.

The joint show announcement was fun. I hope they do some more to get the non diehards familiar with some of the NJPW guys though.

MJF with the Ben dig was funny and got him some major heat. Wardlow/Butcher was good stuff...would be better if Butcher was a bit more built up recently, but it did it's job overall, and Wardlow is over bigtime.

Jungle Boy/KOR was good for what it was...but only match that the crowd seemed to be kind of down on.

Britt was obviously over huge and bringing out two Steelers realllllly fired up all of the yinzers. I didn't like her promo after her match though....just running everyone down. Makes no sense.

Coffin match was good stuff. Sting is GOAT....seeing him jump off what was kind of like a mini balcony near where we were was surreal. I think the match got rushed a bit because of the Britt promo prior.

Cole vs Ishii on Dynamite was a banger as was Kingston vs Garcia. Jade's match vs Shafir...was long and not great. It wasn't awful, and I'm sure they will edit out Jade's one botch, but still meh. Jade was presented as a star though. They had a bunch of balloons up top for her "celebration" after the match...and most failed to drop it was kind of funny. It was also the last match after a long night

In any event...it was a great night that flew by for the most part. We also got to record some chants before Rampage for the AEW video game that is going to be called AEW Fight Forever I guess?

Videos:

Punks Entrance
Britt Bakers Entrance
Adam Coles Entrance

Pictures:

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Indeed. Wonder if Omega makes it back? This would be an awesome place for him to return.
I would hope for Omega/Okada.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:31 pm

I feel like Brit did the same exact thing last year to get the cheap pop.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:31 pm

That's awesome. I've always wanted to sit behind the hard camera. Great view and everything is played toward you.
Source of the post I hope they do some more to get the non diehards familiar with some of the NJPW guys though.
AEW struggles to do that with their own wrestlers much less NJPW guys. They need to get much better at that.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 pm

This is so great.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Enjoyed Cole-Ishii and Kingston-Garcia. The TBS championship match... not so much.

Jade looks like a star, but is still limited. Also, while her finisher looks good, it has a believability issue because literally the only way to get someone into the position for it is if they jump and wrap their legs around her... and it's very obvious that they do this.

There are worse things, but the more I see it, the more it starts to bug me.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:48 pm

This was... bad.

Not a particularly great match overall. A few decent spots but it really should have just ended when
Sky shoved Sammy off the ladder onto the barbed wire ladder. There was no point in Sammy getting back up from that jsut to get thrown off the ladder again. No selling the barbed wire ladder was really dumb... moreso than the existence of said barbed wire ladder.
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum... Cash vs Dax was a blast.

Not the best episode of Dynamite ever... honestly could have turned off after Punk's promo following the opener and been fine. Not bad in general, but not much else to write home about.

Actually forgot about Wardlow and Archer. Wasn't spectacular or anything, but Wardlow giving such a big dude the power bomb symphony was enjoyable. Mystery opponent next week.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:57 pm

Only recognize the first 3.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Sun May 01, 2022 8:56 pm

Lumis is somewhat surprising given his gimmick, but oh well.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:32 am

Regal is the best.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed May 04, 2022 8:55 pm

Gotta be honest... Not really feeling this Hangman promo.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu May 05, 2022 8:05 am

If he loses it to anyone, I could see it being Punk. BUT, his matches have all been pretty solid to great, so I don't know, but it doesn't feel like they're moving the needle anymore with him as Champion, as every match seems to be a gimmick he's in anymore.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu May 05, 2022 9:22 am

I know they don't like to change the title much but they need to find something to revitalize Hangman's rein if he is going over Punk. He's been pretty stagnant for me since the Danielson feud ended. That was excellent, but everything since... Not so much.

I'm sure he could have an excellent match with Punk but I don't like the false heelish bravado he was selling last night... Don't need another hardcore match here at all.

I feel like maybe MJF may be the guy to eventually take the belt off him, once he is done with the Wardlow feud... And MJF alone can keep anything interesting.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 05, 2022 9:26 am

I'd rather Punk take it off Hangman then MJF take it from Punk almost immediately.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu May 05, 2022 9:29 am

That would work too. I thought about that possibility, just not sure if they want to have Hangman lose yet. Won't complain if they go that route though, MJF vs Punk round 2 would be awesome.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu May 05, 2022 9:39 am

I don't think MJF is beating Wardlow. He's got so much push right now it's pretty wild.

Kenny getting hurt badly kind of took the shine off of Hangman's run as well, because I'd like to see those two go at it again.

Apparently Big Cass showed up last night for MJF? Dude looks chiseled now after his alcohol issues, good for him.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 05, 2022 9:42 am

I don't get the love for Wardlow.